Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
- We have just heard – Titus Bramble will leave St. James after 5 years at the club.
There is a report on Newcastle’s official web site – that 5 players will be leaving the club – Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Pavel Srnicek, Olivier Bernard and Oguchi Onyewu.
No major surprises there – but the clear-out has started.
- The major news today is about Sam’s appointment as new Newcastle United manager yesterday.
We will learn a lot more this week – and quickly on who will be leaving Newcastle – with Michael Owen the highest priority in getting some answer from him.
Here’s a good article by Luke Young from the Journal.
- We have two articles today on Owen – and we think this issue will be resolved within a day or two. There are already some interesting comments from our readers on Owen – and whether he should stay.
- Well – there are bound to be multiple stories on who Allardyce is after in the next few weeks.
One today says we are after Bolton’s Nicky Hunt.
That would be good – Nicky’s young and an ex England under 21 player – and up and coming.
Would be a great buy – but will Bolton let him go (if it’s true)?
- Lots of reports – as we would expect in the local papers today.
Here’s a link to icnewcastle to get all the stories on yesterday and what may be happening
Those then – briefly – are the major news stories today – let us know your thoughts and opinions on these.