Antoine Sibierski Rejects Newcastle Offer


News that Antoine Sibierski has turned down Newcastle’s one year contract offer has just broken the news wires.

Antoine has been holding out for a two year deal since he thinks he is fit enough and good enough – to last at least another two years in the Premiership.

antoine-sibierski.jpg

Antoine Sibierski

That Sibierski would want to leave Newcastle is a little surprising to us, since he has said repeatedly that he loves the area and the club.

Sibierski appeared 29 times fo us last season and scored 8 goals, some of which were vital to our UEFA Cup progress.

Sibierski’s agent Willie McKay has already stated that several clubs are interested in landing the Frenchman. – which doesn’t surprise us in the least.

Willie said today:

“Antoine has turned down Newcastle’s offer of a new one-year deal as he was holding out for a two-year deal,”
“Antoine had a great time at Newcastle, but he is now prepared to move on.
“He is feeling fit and he believes that he can play on at the highest level for several more years.
“He is available on a free transfer and I am speaking to a few clubs who are very keen on him.
“Antoine is open to offers and he is keen to get something sorted very quickly.”

Antoine has made himself into a cult hero at Newcastle and he is a very good technical player and we are surprised that Sam would let him go – since Allardyce can bring the best out of older players.

We would be very sorry to see him leave us since he proved last season he is an excellent squad player – and could do a job for us next season.

We believe this rumor to be authentic – but we’ll just have to see what happens.

Comments on this story are welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

9 comments so far

  • […] RSS ← Antoine Sibierski Rejects Newcastle Offer […]

    0
  • Neil

    May 22, 2007 at 11:20 AM

    Comment #2

    This is a shame. He was one of the few pleasant surprises last season.

    0
  • joe

    May 22, 2007 at 11:25 AM

    Comment #3

    he was a decent addition to the squad, but in all honesty, in the premiership – much like several of our players – he wasn’t good enough. Fair play to the club for sticking to their guns. I think that Big Sam has aspirations and targets that are in a different league to Sib.

    0
  • lee

    May 22, 2007 at 12:43 PM

    Comment #4

    Now that we have 1 less striker than we should, it is time to search for a first-choice strike partner for Owen/Martins… a lethal combination of the Shearer-Bellamy type.

    0
  • […] and scored 625 valuable goals and had starts. We expected Antoine would be here next season but news today that he rejected Newcastle’s one year contract. We will be disappointed if Antoine […]

    0
  • Ed Harrison

    May 22, 2007 at 3:07 PM

    Comment #6

    lee – Peter Crouch and David Nugent are two big men available – not sure what Sam thinks of them – I would love Crouch at Newcastle – think he’s under-rated -Crouch and Owen would be great together – and Crouch could come because of Michael being here!

    0
  • Ed Harrison

    May 22, 2007 at 3:09 PM

    Comment #7

    625 goals from Antoine?
    I wish.
    It was 8 goals 😀

    0
  • lee

    May 23, 2007 at 7:52 AM

    Comment #8

    Ed – Crouch and Owen at the same club is good for England too… McLaren will be pleased.

    0
  • Ed Harrison

    May 23, 2007 at 11:27 AM

    Comment #9

    lee – that did cross my mind when i put in the comment. 😀

    0

You must log in to post a comment.