Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
- News that Gabriel Heinze may quit Manchester United for Real Madrid for â‚¤5M – now wouldn’t the 29 year old be just great at Newcastle – go for him Sam!
- A story in the Times that Allardyce wants Peter Crouch for â‚¤10M from Liverpool. We don’t know how true this is – but certainly Glenn Roeder was also interested in Crouch. He would be a good ploy to Martins or Owen with his height and heading ability – to knock down balls for them
- In the same piece the Times says Allardyce is still after free agent Mark Viduka of Middlesbrough. We’d be happier if more defenders were being mentioned – since we need to bring in quite a few
- A relevent piece on Newcastle on SoccerLens – one of the best football sites on the web.
The article asks the question Can Newcastle Win the Premiership in Three Years – which of course is thought to be Ashley’s first goal for Newcastle. The author seems to know what’s he’s talking about 😀
Big Sam Allardyce
- An interesting story in the People yesterday that is a real possibility. It states that Michael Owen could leave Newcastle next year for next to nothing – because he would be starting the last year of his contract. With Owen into the last two years of his four year contract right now (and having only played 14 games) we believe if he doesn’t sign a contract extension next season – we may be forced to sell him for pure business reasons
Let us know your thoughts and opinions on these stories.