Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
- A good story today that England players will donate their England match fees to charity and therefore give around â‚¤1M to charity over the next year. This is a good move and David Beckham’s manager is involved in this. It’s a good read and a nice one to start the day off.
England Captain John Terry
- News today that Mike Ashley and St. James Park Holding Ltd (SJHL) have sent a letter out to remaining share-holders with Ashley’s updated (by 1p) offer of 101p per share. Ashley talks about what he wants to do with Newcastle – which basically says to make them into one of Europe’s top teams. 😀 – worth a read.
- News that Newcastle are interested in a 26 year old Ghana midfielder – Laryea Kingston – who moved to Hearts and has played 10 games for them scoring one goal. Story seems a little weird but since Bolton and Newcastle are after him – we’ve got to believe it’s one that Big Sam has been tracking and therefore may be real. Not sure why he would just move to Hearts first – but apparently that is putting off neither Newcastle or Bolton. Kingston has played for Ghana 15 times and scored one goal.
- One piece of news still doing the rounds is that Allardcye is interested in Wes Brown of Manchester United for a fee of â‚¤5M. We don’t think this one is going to happen – but you never know. Wes would be good at Newcastle because he can also play right back – and he’s got the experience and skill to do a job at Newcastle. Have to wait and see on this one.
- News that Re-Coker will join Aston Villa for â‚¤7.5M after the England under-21 tournament in Holland – which starts tomorrow. Lieghton Baines is also in that tournament – so we too may have to wait to sign Leighton.
Also in the Mirror is news that David Bentley has pulled out of the tournament – because he’s too tired. How’s that for killing your England career before it starts. I’m sure we feel tired at times – but we still go to work – Bentley looks like an overpaid and pampered fool today.
Reo-Coker and Baines
We’d appreciate your comments on the above news stories.