Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
- Not surprising news that Celestine Babayaro will be sold by Allardyce during the summer. We had always speculated that our two full backs Babayaro and Carr may be on their way – or at best would be backups in the coming season. It looks like Big Sam will keep Carr – since he is someone with experience and might respond well to Big Sam’s training regime and man-management skills. Stephen will not be a starter however – and he may move on because of that. We are certainly being linked with a host of full backs recently. It’s good that Sam is getting rid of some the deadwood – to free up some wage money for other players.
- News that Newcastle are interested in French midfielder/striker Ludovic Giully. Ludovic is at Barcelona and the 30 year old want to move in the summer. News included in the report is that El-Hadji Diouf of Bolton could be an alternative – but since he only has a year left on his contract – Sam may wait until January to get a good price on him. Another bad boy in Sam’s sights.
Ludovic Giuly – El-Hadji Diouf
- Update on the NUFC official site on the European Under-21 tournament in Holland. England play today against the Czech Republic – and Steven Taylor will have to sit this one out because of a red card he received in an earlier game. We expect 60 game James Milner to be in the starting line-up today. England must win this one to get off to a good start – but the Czechs will be tough.
Holland beat Israel 1-0 yesterday in the opener but Tim Krul did not play – 23 year old Boy Waterman – who plays for AZ Alkmaar and has 18 caps – started in goal. 19 year old Tim is Hooland’s youngest keeper with the third keeper being 21 year old Kenneth Vermeer. Boy Waterman was in goal for Alkmaar for both legs – when they overcame Newcastle in the UEFA cup last March.
Taylor, Milner and Krul
- News today that Ben Haim has consulted famous spoon bender Uri Geller – to help him make his decision over Newcastle and Chelsea. We understand Uri helped him make the right decision and he will shortly sign for Newcastle. But hey – Uri probably saw lots of silver-ware in Newcastle’s future ……. obviously.
- We have a report today on Graeme Souness’ statement that Newcastle are a big club with big problems. We try to find out what the big problems are at Newcastle – take a read and let us know what you think these problems are. We need to rid the club of this nonsense if we are to become successful again.
- Finally I have a piece on SoccerLens today Sam Still Seeking New Players for Newcastle United. Take a read and let’s have your comments – basically it reviews the players mentioned over the weekend – which are new names to the players we have been after (and are signing) over the last couple of weeks. The question here is of course what is real and what is not – and that’s always a bit difficult – we are certainly linked to many many players – as usual.
We’d appreciate your comments on the above news stories.