Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
- News that Big Sam will battle Bolton for winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz. The fact that Bolton are our competition says to us this is a longer term target of Sam’s and therefore more real. We hope that Sam can overcome Sam (Lee) to get him. The fee is a very low Â£1M for the 27 year old Turk – who Sam has already asked Emre about.
- News breaking today that Allardyce is not interested in Tuncay Sanli and Ludovic Giuly. That’s a pity. We run our own story on this one and also according to Sam the transfers of Rosehnal and Ben Taim are further off than we all thought.
- News about David Rosehnal is that Burussia Dortmund – who we thought were out of the picture – are back in for the Czech defender. It’s confusing with so many different reports – but suffice to say that it’s a choice for David at this point between Newcastle and Dortmund. You would think he would choose Newcastle because he has always stated his desire to play in the Premiership. We again have to wait longer than we thought on this one.
- News in the Journal that Obafemi Martins is back in the fold for Nigeria. Oba will be taking his place in the Nigeria side to face Niger on Saturday. We’d advise Oba next season to keep a lower profile – particularly with the Nigerian team – and ensure he turns up for their games.
- Manchester City have hit back at Sam Allardyce by claiming they did not leak the behind the scenes battle going on with Joey Barton about the â‚¤300K payment. This saga continues to drag out – to nobody’s credit. The PFA have stepped in to try to being a solution to the table.
- News from the Sun that Allardyce has turned his attention to Nicky Shorey of Reading. It was reported yesterday that he has turned away from Leighton Baines – certainly Shorey is a very good player – but whether this story is made up or not – we don’t know at this point.
We’d appreciate your comments on the above news stories.