Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
The major news story (at least on our site) is that Sam Allardyce may be able to bring in one massive signing this summer to go with all the other good buys he is making. If that’s true – and it would not be unreasonable – wonder who Sam would bring in – certainly interesting just thinking about it – and we’re sure Sam would have some players immediately come to his mind.
- Interesting news coming from a source close to Ashley – that Sam may make one massive singing in the summer. The quote was made the same time that Chris Mort was being interviewed so we wouldn’t really be surprised if it was Chris himself – and he probably didn’t want to be associated with the comment – but probably also wanted to let the cat out of the bag.
- We have a transfer update on a player that is being mentioned more regularly of late – that of Brede Hageland – a 6’4″ center back from Norway. Not surprising that he would love to come to Newcastle – and it may be that Sam will go after him as it looks certain that if we do get Edmilson it will be on January 1st next year.
- Story that Mike Ashley and Chris Mort thought the Toon army were a key factor in Ashley going after Newcastle United. Chris Mort – who will seemingly become either Chairman or Chief executive – or both at Newcastle when Shepherd moves on – paid the Newcastle fans a glowing tribute in his comments.
- Still have that general article on SoccerLens today – analyzing which clubs can break into the top four in next few years.You guessed it – Newcastle are right up there. Take a look because it’s interesting in the comments and on the SoccerLens Forum for the article – what other people think of what’s happening under Sam Allardyce at Newcastle – most think it’s very positive for Newcastle.
- We’ll give the funny football quotes a rest for today – let me know if you think we should keep these quotes in the daily new update.
We always appreciate your comments on these stories.