Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – Friday the 13th 🙁 – in no particular order of priority.
We run stories today on Charles N’Zogbia, Gabriele Heinze and Aldo Duscher – all for different reasons. Late news this morning is that James Milner has penned a new four year deal at Newcastle – which is good news for the club and for James.
One very important discussion happens today with Oba Martins having talks with Sam when training restarts today about his future at Newcastle.
We hope and expect Martins will pledge his future to the club – and hopefully that news will be available later today.
- Good story today on what Sam thinks of our young Frenchman and left winger Charles N’Zogbia. Sam talks about Charles and his remaining transfer targets in this article. Sam thinks Charles is a fantastic young player who can become a regular at Newcastle. N’Zogbia certainly has the ability and only last season did he seem to get into a rut – but hopefully he will back to his best next season – he’s certainly at the very least a promising young talent.
Charles N’Zogbia – a fantastic young player
- Newcastle need to sign at least one left back and maybe even two before the transfer window is closed. One of them will not be Gabriele Heinze of Manchester United – who doesn’t even list Newcastle as one of the important clubs that have expressed an interest in him. Gabriele has said he wants Champions League football next season and Newcastle just cannot offer him that so it looks like Sam will need to turn his attention to six other full backs we have been linked to – during the summer.
Gabriele Heinze – Newcastle not an important club to him
- Aldo Duscher starts a three day trial today at Newcastle. We have an article today which asks the question why don’t we just sign a player on a free transfer that was being touted around Manchester United and Arsenal a couple of year back for up to 10M. Duscher is the player who broke David Beckham’s metatarsel in 2002 just before the world cup. He has a good pedigree and we already have an excellent comment by one of our readers Darren – suggesting that maybe it’s Newcastle who are on trial. Duscher may have come over to take a look around the setup at Newcastle – and the Newcastle area. If that’s true let’s hope the weather is good in Newcastle these next few days 😀 There’s a lot of excitement with the fans that bringing Duscher into the squad will make it stronger – and be another great buy for the club.
Aldo Duscher – is Newcastle the one on trial?
- We run a story today on what Sam had to say to Newcastle World yesterday both about the training camp in Austria and how the two new players there – Barton and Rozehnal – have settled in. Sam was very pleased with the trip and thought it was an excellent bonding exercise for both players and staff.
Sam Allardyce – pleased.
- Here’s some funny (or even stupid) football quotes for today – this is to lighten up the day 😀
“I’d rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.” – Johnny Giles
“The keeper was unsighted – he still didn’t see it.” – Ron Atkinson
“Well, Clive, it’s all about the two M’s – movement and positioning.” – Ron Atkinson
“They can’t change any of their players, but they have changed one of their players and that’s the coach.” Bobby Robson.
Sir Bobby RobsonÂ
We always appreciate your comments on these stories.