Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today in no particular order of priority.
We are linked with Ronaldinho in the News of the World today – but maybe that’s another ploy by the NOTW to sell their papers with sensationalized news. In any case we do comment on the story but think we have a lot more basic things to get right with the Newcastle squad than go spending a ridiculous amount on the Brazilian.
We still have no idea whether Sam Allardyce has persuaded Oba Martins that his future lies with Newcastle – but we do run an article on Oba today.
Also some really funny quotes from our own Sir Bobby Robson – carrying on from yesterday’s hilarious quotes from Uncle Bobby – one of the really great football personalities 😀
- A story in the News of the World which may be more hype than anything. News that Newcastle enquired about Ronadinho while they were discussing Edmildson, Gudjohnsen and possibly Deco. We comment on the story but we think it would be a nonsensical signing for us given the current state of the squad and the other things at Newcastle which are so much more important to accomplish before we even think of bringing superstars into the club. Sounds too much like what the past management would be doing.
- We run a story on our very own James Milner today and point out what a great example he is to the youngsters. We’ve already had a 12 year old Sean comment that he looks up to James – and in fact idolizes him. James of course is and always has been a model professional and we are so pleased he has signed onto Newcastle for another four years. James can turn out to be one of the great ones at Newcastle – and let’s see how many games he gets in for Newcastle. At 21 years-old he already has played close to 200 first class games – not too bad for on so young.
- We still haven’t heard anything about whether Oba Martins will stay at Newcastle. Sam was supposed to discuss the situation with Oba last Friday but Newcastle have not yet announced anything about the situation. Maybe they are waiting to see if Arsenal do put in a transfer bid for him. We still are being linked with some forwards so we’re still not sure what will happen. We hope Oba will stay at the club – he has too much potential to let go.
- Other stories that we’ve already covered in the last couple of days:
- Franck Queuedrue will be talking to Sam Allardyce by phone tomorrow once he has talked to new Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez about his future – which obviously doesn’t lie at Fulham. Queudrue’s wife would like to return to the north east area so as long as Sam wants Franck we believe the deal will be done.
- News today that Rafa Bentizi has put a â‚¤20M tag on Peter Crouch. Peter’s a good player who we were after in January for â‚¤8M – what’s going on at Liverpool? They have already way overpaid for Torres ( â‚¤27M) and Babel ( â‚¤11M) – and seem to expect other teams to be that stupid – certainly not Newcastle – these fees are just ridiculous.
- News still about Rod Fanni and that Newcastle appear to be in pole position to get the 25 year-old Frenchman – but other clubs are also interested. That’s not surprising – in fact we would be disappointed if other weren’t interested. Rod is an excellent player who will only improve at Newcastle. Rod can play right back, center back and defensive midfield – excellent utility player
- A piece on Newcastle World TV in which Michael Owen talks about Mark Viduka and how he is looking forward to working with Mark next season. Michael seems to be returning the compliment – since Mark talked glowingly about Michael a couple of days ago. Here’s what Michael said about Viduka:
“It’s a great transfer for us and I have admired Mark for a long time now.
“He’s certainly a player the lads are excited about having in the squad and I’m looking forward to working with him.
“He looks like an unselfish player and I would not like to play against him if I was a defender.”
Rod Fanni of Nice
- Here’s some funny football quotes for today from one of our best ever managers Bobby Robson – a really warm and wonderful football personality and one of the best English managers ever – this is to lighten up the day 😀
“The first 90 minutes are the most important.”
“In a year’s time, he’s a year older.”
“Heâ€™s got his legs back, of course, or his leg – heâ€™s always had one but now heâ€™s got two.”
“I said to the lads at halftime, I said – there was nothing to say.”
Sir Bobby Robson
my quotes are up there
We always appreciate your comments on these stories.