Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today in no particular order of priority.
New updated informationÂ on the position of Kieron Dyer at Newcastle – although it still looks more than likely that he will be on his way out of the club.
The big news today is probably Sam Allardyce’s frustration in the transfer market – where it appearsÂ he has recently lost out on several targets – the major reason probably being that we cannot offer European football next season.
- More news about Kieron Dyer’s situation and it turns out that his family problem is that his two children and his long term girlfriend are living in Ipswich – and he’d like to move closer to them. Sam has said that Newcastle will not sell Dyer on the cheap – and will try to work something out for him and the club – but no guarantees from Big Sam on this one. We’ll have to see how this one sorts itself out but we want to increase the size of our squad not decrease it. We already have Duff, Barton, Emre and Babayaro out with injuries and are still short of experienced defenders.
Kieron Dyer – Newcastle future uncertain
- A lot of frustration from Sam Allardcye on the transfer front. The 7M defender we went after last week rejected the move to newcastle apparently after terms were agreed with his club. Sam says that Newcastle have missed out on a number of players in the last 2-3 weeks and one of the big treasons is that we cannot offer them European football next season. Hopefully things can aonly get better from here on out on the transfer front.
Sam Allardcye – Frustrated
- Both Nobby Solano and Sam Allardcye talk about the game tonight against Celtic at St. James’ Park. Sam hopes that Owen, Ameobi, Geremi and Milner will all be able to make an appearance. Soplano talks about the pre-season and tonight’s game – where he could well start in central midifeld in place of the now injured Joey Barton.
- Good story on our offocial site regarding the new pitch at St. James – which was dug up in May and a new pitch laid using the latest technology – fiber elastic turf – that reduces the imact on joints – it looks really beautiful.Â New manager, New Owner, New Chairman and now new pitch – what more could you ask for?
New Pitch at St. James’ Park
- Here’s some funny football quotes – this time from Brian Clough – to lighten up the day.
“For all his horses, knighthoods and championships, he hasn’t got two of what I’ve got. And I don’t mean balls” – Referring to Sir Alex Ferguson’s failure to win two successive European Cups.
“I thought it was my next-door neighbour because I think she felt that if I got something like that I would have to move” – Guessing who nominated him for a knighthood.
“Floats like a butterfly and stings like one too.” On Trevor Brooking:
“If a player had said to Bill Shankly ‘I’ve got to speak to my agent’, Bill would have hit him. And I would have held him while he hit him.” – On Football Agents
We always appreciate your comments on these stories.