Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today in no particular order of priority.
The big news this morning is that we really have no big news unfortunately on any imminent Newcastle transfers. We do a piece on Norwegian Hangeland and Bosingwa, who is a right back currently playing for Porto.
Of course we do have the Juventus game tomorrow and we’re sure Newcastle fans are really looking forward to that game – given our good performance against Celtic on Thursday night.
We are still getting requests to see the goals from the Celtic game so here are all five goals from last night’s Newcastle – Celtic game.
- We have a report on what Given has to say about the current Newcastle squad. Shay is concerned that we don’t have enough players and of course the problem there is we don’t want to have another injury damaged season like the last two years. We know Sam thinks the squad is not big enough and is going all out for additional players. But he will have to move to his plan B since seems like his players as part of Plan A cannot be attracted to the club. We must get additional players in.
Shay Given – concerned by size of squad
- We have a report on two targets that we think Sam is after. Brede Hangeland is still in the frame even though Sam recently said her wasn’t interested. If he had all but tied Brede to a deal Sam hopefully wouldn’t reveal he was even after him – so we still believe he may be a Plan B target. The new player we are rumored to fancy is Jose Bosingwa – who is a 6’0″ right back who has played a couple of times for Portugal and plays his club football at Porto. We think both players would be good acquisitions for us to build up our squad. We include some information on Bosingwa – since we haven’t mentioned him before.
Jose Bosingwa – right back plays for Porto
- A number of our readers have pointed out that Brazilian right back Cicinho is available from Real Madrid so we have an article asking whether Sam can persuade the Brazilian to come to Newcastle. Cicinho has been at Madrid only a couple of seasons but has played only 16 times and looks to leave in the summer. He holds an Italian passport and Roma are interested in him. This may be too much of a temptation for him – but hey – we take a look at a player would would be excellent at Newcastle. His style resembles that of Roberto Carlos and he has played for Brazil 16 times.
Brazilian Cicinho – excellent player looking for new club
- We put the spotlight today on a player who could become one of Newcastle’s best ever signings – Geremi. His attitude and play since he arrived at Newcastle have been nothing short of first class and he is already completely revved up to power Newcastle forward. Only a few days ago Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho paid Geremi a glowing tribute to the former Chelsea man and it’s obvious that Jose just loved the guy. Geremi is the perfect professional – never moans and groans – and plays his heart out every game. He came to Newcastle for more football and we think Sam can get the best out of him in central midfield where he got the man of the match award on Thursday night. Great signing for us no doubt – and we also like Geremi as a person – a lot.
Geremi– great player and great guy
- Here’s some funny football quotes – to lighten up the day. 😀
Reporter: Gordon, Do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad? Strachan: I dont care, I’m Scottish. – Gordon Strachan
Reporter: You don’t take losing lightly, do you Gordon? Strachan: I don’t take stupid comments lightly either. – Gordon Strachan
“The match was settled either side of half-time.” – John Motson
“I love it when we play West Ham. They always play some beautiful football, the crowd always sees a wonderful game, and we always win 3-0.” – Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly – liked winning and got used to it
We always appreciate your comments on these stories.