Sam Blocks Dyer Transfer Below Newcastle Valuation

After the excellent win against Juventus this afternoon Sam was asked the situation regarding Kieron Dyer.

Sam said no club has yet put in a realistic bid for Kieron Dyer. In fact no club has yet come anywhere near to Newcastle’s valuation of Dyer.

Dyer had been expected to leave Newcastle even this weekend with three clubs, believed to be Tottenham, West Ham and Manchester City apparently pursuing the England midfielder.

kieron-dyer-1.jpg

Kieron Dyer

Dyer was brought onto play in the second half of the 2-0 win over Juventus, which seemed a strange move by Sam Allardyce – given Kieron’s move out of Newcastle is apparently imminent.

This is what Sam had to say about the situation after the game today with Dyers performance and his transfer situation:

“He played very well. But I don’t think we can [keep him] for the reasons I gave on Thursday.”
“The only way I can see to resolve this is for Kieron to move closer to his family.”

“Kieron isn’t a done deal because nobody has paid the money for him yet,”

He’s hanging in the balance and we are hanging in the balance.

We played Kieron today because we were short of numbers, but nobody’s made a bid for him anywhere near the sort of money that we are asking for.”

“If they don’t, I will have to talk to him about resolving the situation.”

It’s obvious that what Sam said last week – that Dyer will not be sold on the cheap – is true. Maybe his injury record is stopping teams from bidding too much for him – but if no suitable bids come in Sam has already said they will have to resolve the matter some other way.

We have no idea what Kieron is thinking right now – we’ll just have to wait and see what transpires next week.  Really pleased Kieron didn’t get injured in the second half though 😀

• Anon13

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:29 PM

He played quite well when he came on, but yet again he has no end product in front of goal. If we can get £5 million for him I’d take it and find a replacement.

The lack of signings recently is worrying, though. I just hope Sam can get those extra 3 defenders and maybe another midfielder.

• Ed Harrison

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Dyer should have scored a couple – well at least one when he was clean through. Agree about new signings needed. Got to say Sam and Chris Mort didn’t look too worried at the game today.

• Obafan

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:53 PM

BS sam said that 4 new players will be brought to the club (a couple of weeks ago). Now it is the time to do it, cause we have a small squad; like good old Shay said earlier this week.

But if this is true about only being able to use the money of our sells, then we need to sell him; otherwise let’s keep him, cause he can also improve under BS (just as Ramage is doing)

• apan

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:18 PM

if dyer didnt leave, then we dont have any headache of finding a replacement for a midfield, but yet then again he got some personal probs to sort out and boy his a handful one….

LEFTBACK PLZ huntington is not a natural letfback, i think carr played well in the matches againts celtic and juventus, i guess BSA method really jack his stamina up but still if we can get a better one why not?

• Ed Harrison

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:27 PM

apan – agree – Huntington he is not a natural LB – just like Ramage wasn’t. Unfortunately we have Taylor, Edgar (solid second half today – no frills), Ramage and Huntington are all CBs. The best FB out of these is David Edgar who looked good at either left or right back last season. Maybe he should be given a chance there. N’Zogbia looked great today – to put him in midfield to battle Nedved tells you he has great confidence in this little 21 year old kid – but to me he was our star man – although Given made 2 wonderful saves and was faultless. N’Zogbia back to his best we think .

• phil p

Jul 29, 2007 at 9:10 PM

I thought Dyer was quality today- apart from the end product as Ed said. Its a shame if he goes because him and N’Zogbia looked great in the middle together. N’Zogbia by the way was brilliant- man of the match for me. Also really happy with Carroll, he looked infinitely better than Luque when he came on, and should be at least battling with Ameobi for fourth striker in my opinion. Rock on the season!

• Zebra

Jul 29, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Agree too about hunty at left back. I think hunts is a decent player but i cant see how he is rated above edgar. He has looked the part every time i have seen him but seems well down the pecking order. Agree too that rampage is improving.

• Andy T

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Wonder if Dyer will buy out his remaining contract. At 80kpw – a cool 8million should see him a free agent and able to go to anyone (although not sure who will pay him an 8Million signing on fee 🙂

• apan

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:49 PM

yup agreed with u ed, IMO i think actually zogbia should pick the MOM award instead of given, he defended and attacked brilliantly today and his just 21 and have to fought the more experience opponents, i will certainly bet on him to be our main player this season and now we know that he can replace dyer 😀

• Crawcrook Pierre

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:26 AM

I really cannot understand why some want under 6 Million for Dyer to be shot of him. I really think the Toon supporters have driven him away (after getting over his spat with Sir Bobby). I think he is worth as much as Bent, Martins. So if we are going to sell it should be 12+ million. But I would say okay Spurs if you want him I want Lennon or someone decent. If West ham then I would like Ashton. Better still keep him and use some cash on Ashton and Lennon.

• Rich

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:59 AM

i hope we punt him now, i cant be bothered watching this selfish money hungry gold digger anymore.

i think we are holding out for 6-7mil and ill be glad when i see the back of him.

get a true professional in who wants to play for the mighty black & white.

its been said a few times on this website but its the beggining of a new era at NUFC and i think we need to sort the wheat from the chaff.

• mickC

Jul 30, 2007 at 8:48 AM

ED
    I don’t think we need to buy anyone to replace dyer. After yesterday’s performance against Juve i would play N’zogbia in central midfield i thought he had a great game. He is also very quick and unlike dyer he can tackle.

I think Big Sam will have found out the young Huntington is NOT a full back,left or right.
    I was quite impressed with Edgar i think he should be in the squad on a regular basis, also Andy Carroll has great potential. He took his goal really well.

So all we need now are two GOOD full backs no more injuries and we are in business!!!!!!

What about Geremi for captain. He was calling all the shots in the first half.

• Dave

Jul 30, 2007 at 8:55 AM

mickC – Geremi for captain ay? Possibility. I’d prefer to see an outfield player wearing the armband that Given. Don’t get me wrong Given is a class act but to boss a game I feel you need to be in the middle of it.

• evil dick

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM

I say sell him and get some defenders! I’d take 5 mil, I think BS will push for 6-7mil.

• Naresh Bhadrecha

Jul 30, 2007 at 3:10 PM

It is a shame that Dyer is moving out of the TOON Team, He had just started to settle down in the team after years of injury and now when he is superb in field , he has to go. I have to say that if Dyer goes My Faith in club too goes as I supported the club for last 6 years. It was dyer and shearer who have brought the club to a new level, with one of them retiring and the other to be transfered , I dont see the finishing line to be anywhere near.

• Naresh Bhadrecha

Jul 30, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Money will buy dyer but not his emotions, He is a passionate player and in all these years of his service to the club he has always gone down fighting , Tranferring him would mean loosing not him but also public interest.

• Naresh Bhadrecha

Jul 30, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Dyer is in a trade market where he is going to be sold like a slave , this is redicolous!, is Money what Sam Wants, Then sell someone who has no passion for the club, selling Dyer is absolutely Rubbish.

• Thai Toon

Aug 1, 2007 at 4:02 AM

You are absolutely right, Naresh….Dyer is one of the greatest player of the club and i dont like what the fan did after he came out of the stadiam….we better think of what he did for us in 8 years. i dont wonder why he want to leave!!!

• Thai Toon

Aug 1, 2007 at 4:06 AM

i dont think of business or money
    all i want is watch a great football
    Big Al and Dyer did for us

• Naresh Bhadrecha

Aug 2, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Thai Toon ……. I am thankful to you, that even u agree that Dyer’s stay at the club is a memorable one for us, What ever happens Dyer rulz, Once he is gone the club will repent for there mistake.