Not too much new news today.
There are still rumors circulating about the Icelandic bid for newcastle United but it looks like there’s not too much truth in that one – hopfully.
We are still after Abdoulaye Faye and Julaino Belletti – who won our poll as the best right back available for Newcastle. Faye will be picking up arounf 30K/week at Newcastle when he was on 7K/week at Bolton – not a bad wage increase for Abdoulaye – so let’s hope he can do a job for us – we think he can.
We may have to delay our creative players for Newcastle feature until tomorrow as we are still looking at who may be available – sorry about the delay – still got a bit of research to get done on that one.
- We have the results of our very first poll today on our web-site where we asked you to choose which right back would be best for Newcastle and we list five of them. Here’s the order in which they finished:
- Juliano Belletti of Barcelona – 39%
- Cicinho of Real Madrid – 27%
- Phil Neville of Everton – 16%
- Jose Bosingwa of FC Porto – 15%
- Leroy Rosenior of Fulham – 3%
The results could well have been influenced by the fact that we are still negotiating a deal for Belletti with Barcelona and that’s ongoing.
Abdoulkaye Faye is expected to join for Â£30K/week imminently. He was offered Â£20K/week by Bolton who seem to be losing an awful lot of their players. Faye was on around Â£7K/week up till now – quite a wage hike.
Barcelona’s Belletti – Newcastle still negotiating for his transfer at around Â£2.5M
- News today that Nobby Solano may be going to Portsmouth in a Â£500K deal. But that’s not too close to London which is where Nobby really wants to end up so we’re not sure Portsmouth is the right club. The transfer fee looks about right. Unfortunately we think Nobby will move sometime in the next 10 days of the transfer window though – although we’d be pleased if he stayed.
Nobby Solano – moving to Portsmouth for 500K?
- We look again at the story about a possible bid for Newcastle United from the two Icelandic businessman and ask why Ashley would want to sell now after owning the team for just 2 months. Well, profit is one answer, but we don’t think he’s going to do that, and he’s in for the long haul. If he wasn’t he needn’t have said that he was. We think Mike is restructuring the debt at Newcastle and these rumors are linked to that.
Mike Ashley– why would he want to sell Newcastle now?
- Emre hasn’t played for Newcastle since last April yet he is off to play for Turkey tomorrow and we wonder why. We all know players returning from injury are susceptible to injuries as we learned to our cost last year with Michael Owen. While we understand players like to represent their countries we must ensure they don’t risk unnecessary injuries in their enthusiasm to do this. They should also remember who’s paying their wages.
Emre – hasn’t played for Newcastle since April – but plays tomorrow for Turkey
- We take a look (a short look) at a ridiculous story coming out of the Sun today, saying that Manchester United want Oba Martins. While that may be true they want him, Oba Martins is negotiating a 6 year deal at the club, he is buying a house in the area, he loves playing under Big Sam and he’s starting to really like the city and people of Newcastle. Tell me again why this sensational news makes any sense. It does if you want to sell newspapers.
Oba Martins – sensational news in the Sun that Manchester United are after Oba – right 😀
- Finally here’s some choice football quotes – from a familiar figure today – to lighten up the day 😀
“I shook her hand but I was just looking at her t**s.” – Alan Shearer
“I’ve never wanted to leave. I’m here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well.” – Alan Shearer
“You only get one opportunity of an England debut.” – Alan Shearer
We always appreciate your comments on our Daily Update.