Not too much new news on Newcastle today to be truthful. The big news today is actually about our web-site.
Ahmed Bilal, our administrator and general expert and bottle-washer behind the scenes of the Newcastle United Blog, has this morning launched our new Newcastle United Forum to coincide with our 1 Millionth hit. Here’s the article that introduces the forum. We’ve been in existence since April 23rd and have been building up quite well but this is a huge expansion of the Newcastle United Blog – as you’ll see when you look at the comprehensive facilities available.
Well – it’s a good job I’m now retired from IBM and can be on-line most of the day and night – sure my wife Madeline is going to just love it – but it’s a labor of love 😀
You can start your own topics of discussion on it and lots of other things – take a look – you’ll be surprised on the positive side we think.
The other news is that we finally got out our piece on Six Creative Midfielders for Newcastle – so that’s getting plenty of comments and we also ask you to vote on that – we’ll wait a couple of days for the results.
- Here’s the launch of our brand new Newcastle United Forum. Please go and register, introduce yourself, and get involved with the posts or create a new post yourself. Obviously we’ll have one for each game – both before and after – so we can all discuss what’s going on. Thanks to Ahmed Bilal, who runs the general SoccerLens site (which has been in existence a while now) and who does all the hard work and heavy lifting behind the scenes on the Newcastle United Blog, that allows me to concentrate on what I like doing best – writing the articles.
- We have put together a piece on six creative midfielders for Newcastle and have asked you to vote on who would be best at Newcastle if Sam wanted to improve his midfield creativity. The lack of that last Saturday caused some concern but we have to remember Emre and Barton are both out injured. We don’t think we’re that bad in midfield. Any way the six midfielders we chose are Deco, Riquelme, Nakamura, Nolan. Kallstrom and Van der Vaart. We also ask you to vote for one player.
Kim Kallstrom – one of six attacking midfielders featured
- News still that Nobby Solano may be going to Portsmouth in a Â£500K deal. The transfer fee looks about right. Unfortunately we think Nobby will move sometime in the next 9 days of the transfer window – although we’d be pleased if he stayed.
Nobby Solano – moving to Portsmouth for 500K?
- We have another transfer piece on El Hadji Diouf, who has been making noises that he may want to leave Bolton in the last 9 days of the transfer window. Nicholas Anelka also seems unhappy and may be linked with a Manchester United bid. We would be worried if we were Bolton Chairman since it seems a number of Bolton players are leaving and they are currently bottom of the league with no points from their first 3 games. We expect Abdoulaye Faye to join Newcastle in the next few days but this transfer has taken a long time to materialize. Bolton have slapped a Â£10M price tag on the Senegalese and he’s not worth that. But it wouldn’t surprise us if Sam tempts him to Newcastle, if not now then in January.
El Hadji Diouf – will Sam be interested in bringing the Senegalese to Newcastle? – not for Â£10M
- As Sam attempts to build a squad that will challenge for honors there will be fewer players guaranteed a starting place every week. This happens at all good teams. We now have 5 very good strikers fighting it out for the 2-3 striker positions and inevitably some will not make the side or the bench on some weeks. That’s especially true this season when we don’t have European competition. So rather than consider this to be a problem it is more of a sign that our squad is indeed getting better. We wonder in this article if Sam can keep all the strikers happy.
Oba Martins– one of five strikers battling it out at the club
- Finally here’s some choice football quotes – to lighten up the day 😀
“We’re at the top of a cliff and we can either fall off the edge or keep climbing.” – Gary Neville
“It will be a difficult couple of days. It’s difficult now and it will be difficult tomorrow.” – Gary Neville
“Apart from picking the ball out of the net, he hasnâ€™t had to make a save.” – Ron Atkinson
We always appreciate your comments on our Daily Update.