Not much news that we’d like to hear today as the Abdoulaye Faye saga drags on and apparently Newcastle and Bolton can’t agree on the structure of a deal for the Bolton defender.
Sam also says he’ll probably sign one more player before the end of the tranfer window and we expect this to be Faye – but hope seems to be fading that we’ll also sign Belletti from Barcelona. However, Sky News is reporting Chelsea have switched their attentions to Juliano Belletti and away from Daniel Alves, as they look for another right back. Belletti is said to be in London undergoing a medical. Newcastle just haven’t been quick enough in capturing Belletti.
Other news is that Newcastle today announced a new third strip of white and pale blue – modeled by new boy – Jose Enrique – it looks good and so does Jose.
Please feel free to visit the Forum and register – and enjoy your time on our expanded site.
- Here’s the launch of our brand new Newcastle United Forum from yesterday. We invite you to go and register, introduce yourself, and get involved with the posts or create a new post yourself. Obviously we’ll have one for each game – both before and after – so we can all discuss what’s going on. We also have out first topic of the day on the forum.
- We have put together a piece on six creative midfielders for Newcastle and asked you to vote on who would be best at Newcastle if Sam wanted to improve his midfield creativity. We have over 900 votes but we are leaving it open until tomorrow so if you haven’t read the article or haven’t voted please do before tomorrow around this time when we’ll announce the results. We have not put transfer prices on the players except Deco and Riquelme, because we really don’t know how much they would be worth in this market – and we’d just be arguing about the price in any case. For this vote just pick the player based on skill and experience. We currently have over 900 votes clocked in. The midfielders are Deco, Riquelme, Nakamura, Nolan. Kallstrom and Van der Vaart.
Van der Vaart – one of six attacking midfielders featured
- We have a piece on what Sam sees with the transfer market right now. The transfer market seems to be bogged down for us right now with the Faye transfer still held up because Bolton and Newcastle cannot agree on the deal. We had been hoping we could get Belletti in before 31st August, but Sam says he only expects one new player in before then. It also looks like Chelsea will capture Belletti. We expect that to be Faye, but we’d like both in by then.
Abdoulaye Faye – only new player to move to Newcastle before end of transfer window?
- We have a piece on 20 year-old David Edgar who was in the full Canada squad last night for the game against Iceland but didn’t make an appearance. We think our youngsters at the club are very important – and certainly they are the future. We take a look at David – who captained the Canada Under-20s in the World Under-20 Championships held in Canada during the summer. We believe David should be sent out on loan so he can further develop his skills and gain the necessary experience so he can challenge for a first team spot at Newcastle.
20 year-old David Edgar– will he be sent out on loan this season?
- Another article on the long running saga of Oba Martins and his Â£13M buy out clause. We don’t think Manchester United will bid for Oba and Sam confirms nobody has bid for either Michael Owen or Oba Martins this summer. That’s despite all the newspaper talk that keeps cropping up about it. We’ll be so pleased when August 31st comes and goes and this nonsense stops.
Oba Martins– staying at Newcastle United
- Newcastle have a new third strip introduced today. Exactly why that’s the case since we are not in Europe is only because the club probably needs the money. We like the new strip which is white and pale blue and modeled by Jose Enrique. However, initial comments from our readers aren’t so positive.
Jose Enrique– looking bored but we think the strip and Jose look good
- Finally here’s some choice football quotes – to lighten up the day 😀
“It’s the only way we can lose, irrespective of the result.” – Graham Taylor
“It’s a game we’ve got to win. It’s also a game we’ve not got to lose.” – Graham Taylor
“Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.” – Ron Atkinson
We always appreciate your comments on our Daily Update.