Another disappointing result yesterday against Middlesbrough and these are the games we must start winning. We think we should have won the game after going ahead with just 13 minutes remaining.
It looks like we finally agreed a fee for Faye from Bolton and there are reports we may also be after French midfielder Peter Luccin of Athletico Madrid.
Big Sam has also indicated he’ll be looking for a right-back after losing both Stephen Carr (hamstring) and Peter Ramage (knee) to injuries yesterday. Pete’s injury looked like it may be serious and Stephen will be out for 6 weeks with a hamstring problem.
We expect Sam will take a look at both Glen Johnson and Lassana Diarra of Chelsea, but have no idea what he thinks of either player.
- Sam was disappointed with the defensive performance against Middlesbrough. That has to be especially true for the second goal after Newcastle had gone ahead for the second time after 77 minutes. While admittedly Julio Arca took his chance brilliantly there should have been a bigger challenge from the Newcastle defenders. It’s very disappointing that we didn’t get all 3 points but hopefully the defense will learn from their mistakes – for both Middlesbrough goals.
Sam Allardcye – disappointed at defensive marking yesterday
- Here are the Video highlights from the Newcastle vs Middlesbrough game yesterday – just in case you haven’t yet seen the goals. Notice how Taylor is not tight enough on Mido for the first goal. But two beautiful goals from Newcastle and a classic strike for Charles N’Zogbia who had another excellent game under Sam Allardyce. Charles is now playing his best football ever at Newcastle and looks completely at ease at left back.
Charles N’Zogbia– another great performance from the young Frenchman
- We give our final reflections on the game yesterday and have to admit we just don’t like the 4-3-3 system and would like to see Milner and N’Zogbia on the wings in a classic 4-4-2 formation. We also thought Claudio Cacapa looked very comfortable at center-back when he was brought on and surely Sam is going to us the Brazilian for his experience and skill from now on. Michael Owen still didn’t look sharp but we hope it will not be too long before he hits the net again for Newcastle. We need to keep going and get a good start this season.
Mike Ashley – seemed to enjoy himself at the game yesterday
- Well it looks like a transfer fee for Abdoulaye Faye has finally been agreed between Newcastle and the Trotters and we would expect that transfer to go through fairly quickly now. We’ve never known a transfer drag on like this – not sure what it was – but reports say that Newcastle were unwilling to meet Bolton’s asking price of â‚¤2M. There are also reports we may be after Peter Luccin of Athletico Madrid. We don’t know what fee is being asked for the Frenchman but reports are that he will be at another club by Friday. Interested clubs include Birmingham, Newcastle and Benfica.
Abdoulaye Faye – finally on his way to Newcastle? – we shall see
- Sam Allardyce speaks about the injuries yesterday and says he will be looking around for a new right-back before the transfer window slams shut on Friday. With Peter Ramage and Stephen Carr both injured we are looking short for right back cover. We wonder if Sam will give Nobby Solano a try out in this position on Wednesday against Barnsley. He certainly was much better than Carr at right back last season.
Sam Allardyce – will be looking for a new right back to bring in before Friday
- Finally here’s some choice football quotes – to lighten up the day 😀
“You don’t want to be giving away free kicks in the penalty area.” – Ron Atkinson
“That was in the past – weâ€™re in the future now.” – David Beckham
“Shearer could be at 100 per cent fitness, but not peak fitness.” – Graham Taylor
We always appreciate your comments on our Daily Update.