The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

N’Zogbia Signs New 5 Year Contract at Newcastle

9:33 am, Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 by Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

More good news from the Official Newcastle United Site this morning says that young Frenchman Charles N’Zogbia, who has been in terrific form this season, has signed a new contract with the club.

Charles has committed his future to Newcastle United after signing a new 5 year improved contract at the club.

And to think the odds on him leaving the club were high after the last game at Watford last season, by Charles’ own admission.

charles-nzogbia-132.gif

Charles N’Zogbia – in phenomenal form for Newcastle this season

The new contract will keep the young French star at St. James’ Park until 2012 and is just reward for his great start to the new season. Certainly Newcastle fans will be delighted at the news because they’ve always had a soft spot for Charles, ever since Bobby Robson signed him as an 18 year-old from Le Havre in 2004.

N’Zogbia has scored 2 goals, from the left back spot, so far this season and his excellent and exciting play has seen him get a call-up yesterday for the French Under-21 squad that plays Wales on Friday.

This is what Charles told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview today:

“I am happy to sign my contract and I see my future with Newcastle United because it is a great club.”

“I admit towards the end of last season I was not happy and I thought I might be leaving the club, but everything is different now with the new manager.”

“I have always loved the city, the fans and the club and wanted to stay here. I’m delighted now that I’m playing and I’m really enjoying my football.”

We have to thank Sam Allardyce with the way he has handled Charles since Sam arrived at the club. Whatever he has done is spot on because Charles is playing with his old zip and has all his confidence back. Credit also goes to Newcastle captain Geremi, who has taken Charles under his wing and offered him guidance, which reports suggest is doing Charles a power of good.

This is what you get in the squad when they’re all together – everybody gets to be successful. This is the second piece of good news in successive days for Charles. That’s what happens when you buckle down and just concentrate on your football – good job Charles.

Tags: Charles N'Zogbia · Newcastle News · Players

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 big pea ov the weab // Sep 4, 2007 at 9:34 AM

thats a realy good way to start the day am glad charlys singed a new deal

• 2 Bill F // Sep 4, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Great news from one young player. Also all the rumours, speculation etc. re. Lua Lua seem to have been just that as he was in the reserve team last night.

• 3 Lamesley Mag // Sep 4, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Great news and well deserved…….

Was concerned when Arsenal came knocking at the door looking at Zog as he’s a diamond, albeit unpolished at this time! What a prospect……

• 4 Jeff D // Sep 4, 2007 at 10:42 AM

I hope Zog has the same possitive attitude when Duff is fit and challenging for the position,as last term he did’nt take to the competition to well. i’m sure he will as he is a lot more mature.Its easy to forget how young he is.

• 5 steve // Sep 4, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Good news on Zog – amazing the effect BSA’s having !
    @Bill – LuaLua rumours? I wasn’t aware there were any?

• 6 Lull , Malaysia // Sep 4, 2007 at 11:45 AM

It looks like every day is a good day at Newcastle :) He surely one of our great players now and we still haven’t seen the best of him! :) Lua-Lua rumours?

• 7 rich // Sep 4, 2007 at 12:26 PM

in the style of Monty Burns:

*Excellent….*

:-D

• 8 rich // Sep 4, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Lua Lua was playing for the reserves last night???

thats even better news, i couldnt believe it when the times reported we released him in the summer.

• 9 hadrian // Sep 4, 2007 at 12:39 PM

just imagine if glen roeder had stayed just that little bit longer , im sure zog and owen wouldnt be hear now .
    and he’d probably find some other young player to demoralise ,
    pinning a whole teams problems onto such young lads and the guy thinks he can manage ?
    he was a joke and im really happy to see the back of him .

• 10 Bill F // Sep 4, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Sorry if I got it wrong but I thought there was some comments made about him yesterday.

• 11 big pea ov the weab // Sep 4, 2007 at 4:38 PM

@bill there was some comments on that topic yesterday

• 12 Obafan // Sep 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM

What a fantastic deal. He is getting on his level now and I think he will be a very good player in the future for the Toon. After all speculations about teams being linked with him this is just what Newcastle neede to do to renew his contract and 5 years is just fantastic business again by BS and the board.

@ Ed: Do you know anything on the negotiatins baout Martins his new contract???

previous post: How Come Smith Wears Owner Mike Ashley’s Shirt?

next post: Where Will Newcastle Finish This Season?