As you may have expected the big news this morning is all about Newcastle’s terrible performance yesterday against bottom placed Derby County.
We’d never thought we’d see a game like that when half the team didn’t seem to turn up for the game. It wasn’t good – to say the least.
However, Newcastle have a chance to put that right next week with 3 games in a short 6 days starting at home to West Ham United on Sunday. A win then will help take the bad memories of last night away.
- Here’s our full time report of the game last night against bottom placed Derby County. It was the Newcastle of old as they were beaten to the ball by the newly promoted Derby team. Just a terrible performance form the black and whites. We hope this is a blip caused by players being away on international duty and not knowing each other very well in the first place. That’s the reason Sam gives for the below par performance. But any more of these and we’ll not deserve to be in Europe next season either.
Sam Allardcye – very poor performance from Newcastle at Derby last night
- Sam Allardyce says it took a wonder goal to beat Newcastle last night. Well it was either a wonder goal or a complete fluke but the performance of Newcastle still cannot be excused. It just wasn’t good enough on the night. Some big improvements will be needed before the team plays West Ham United at home on Sunday. Then we have 3 hard games in 6 days so we’ll really see what the team is made of this season.
Big Sam – yes Sam, it was that bad
- The growing injury list is starting to concern big Sam as we have 3 games coming up in a short 6 days time-frame. We currently have 8 players out injured which is more than any other team in the Premiership. We think Sam still thinks he may be short of players this season. Babayaro is still not back after sustaining a groin strain during a game in February – never known a groin strain last this long – it has to be a record.
Celestine Babayaro – been out with a groin strain since February
- As usual we give our final reflections on the Derby Newcastle game. Certainly not one to remember for Newcastle fans as we looked out of sorts. We have to at least turn up for every Premiership games this season because that’s all we have apart from the two cups. Each point is vital to Newcastle’s future right now, but you would never have believed it with last night’s performance. The attitude of the players was just not right and to be continually beaten to the ball by a team bottom of the league told it’s own story. It was not good – to say the least.
Derby Newcastle game – one for Newcastle fans to quickly forget
- We run a piece today on who Sam wants to re-sign before their contracts run out next summer. One player in this category is Nicky Butt and it looks like Sam wants Nicky to stay at Newcastle for another 2 years at least. That’s a good move but we notice that Sam says nothing about Stephen Carr and Celestine Babayaro whose contracts also run out next summer. The two of them are always injured and we think Big Sam will let both move on in January as long as he can bring in replacements then. We also expect Steven Taylor to sign for Newcastle very soon on a 5 year deal.
Nicky Butt – two year contract extension on the cards
- What’s being discussed on our Newcastle United Blog?
Here’s some of the recent and popular discussions going on:
- Derby vs. Newcastle , Monday 17th September 20:00 KO
- Newcastle vs West Ham United Sunday 23rd September 13:30 KO
- Carling Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal vs Newcastle Tues 25th Sep 19:45 KO
- Will Michael Owen be as good as before he was injured?
- As you know our site has been nominated for ‘Best Sports Blog’ as part of the Bloggers Choice Awards. If you would like to vote for us you can do so here. You can also browse through other nominations you can vote for. SoccerLens was also nominated and you can vote for Ahmed’s Bilal’s site here.
- Here’s some choice football quotes. These are to lighten up the day 😀
â€œGrease – What a great movie. When Olivia Neutron Bomb comes on in that tight gear at the end it’s scary isn’t it? When she changes from nice little Sandy into a hellcat on legs. whoah! Unbelievable. – Ian Holloway â€
““If you can’t make decisions in life, you’re a bloody menace. You’d better become an MP!” – Bill Shankly
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.” – Bill Shankly
“During one match, Tommy Lawrence, the Liverpool goalkeeper, let the ball go through his legs. “Sorry, boss, I should have kept my legs together,” said Lawrence. “No, Tommy, your mother should have kept her legs together!,” replied Bill Shankly