Always a nice day following a good Newcastle win and a good performance. Good reports on the game and several comments from Big Sam Allardyce on the game and on some of his players – all of whom seemed to play well yesterday.
We do have tough games coming up tomorrow against Arsenal and Manchester City so not too long to bask in the glory of yesterday’s win – but we’ll still do it
- Here’s our report of the win yesterday against West Ham United at St. James’ Park. It was a really good solid performance and while it was close in the first half Newcastle at the end throughly deserved their win. Mark Viduka got the first two goals and N’Zogbia got the third after setting up Mark’s goals.
Newcastle United vs West Ham - St James’ Park, Sunday 23rd Sep, 2007 KO 1:30 pm
- We have told a very sad story about Newcastle Academy youngster Jordon Thompson losing his fight with cancer. The Newcastle players wore black armbands yesterday as a sign of respect to Jordan. His mother and father were at the game and his Newcastle Under-16 team-mates were also at the ceremony before KO – for the minute’s applause in honor of Jordan’s life.
Jordan was given a heartfelt round of applause as a celebration of his short but very brave life.
Jordon Thompson’s parents yesterday - with Sam and Chris on either side
- We have some good comments from chairman Chris Mort that tells us he’s already having good discussions with Sam Allardyce about how they are going to search the world for new players to bring to Newcastle. It gives fans a good sense of how serious the new Newcastle management is of laying the foundations of success and it looks to us like Chris is quickly learning what it takes to be a good chairman of the club.
Chrsi Mort – searching the world for new players to bring to Newcastle
- Sam Allardyce’s comments immediately following the win against West Ham. Sam was simply delighted with the performance of the players and he got the response he asked for – following the bad loss to Derby County.
Good words from Big Sam.
Sam Allardyce – delighted with win and performance against West Ham
- Looks like Michael Owen may have aggravated his groin again yesterday and another scan is being done on it today. We may hear later whether a hernia operation is going to be necessary. If it is, he will have it immediately, probably in Germany, and then will probably miss both of England’s European qualifiers next month.
Michael Owen – may need a hernia operation and if so it will be done this week
- There was lots of positives for Sam to take out of yesterday’s game as we review some of the comments Sam made this morning. Every player who played yesterday didn’t let the side down – and that’s probably a good definition of good team work and good team spirit. Sam has certainly made a fast start at bringing in players with the determination to win and not be second best. We look forward to even better performances as we go forward – but we must also be patient when we have some off days.
Sam Allardyce – great start at Newcastle but team still needs time to gel
- We have our usual Final Reflection on the West Ham game today. There was good things to say about the performance across the park and it’s good to see how the players are helping each other. Apart from a couple of shaky moments the defense looked very solid – again and Sam is quickly succeeding in making our rear guard tough to penetrate. That’s always the start of creating a good team. maybe in January we can add a little creativity.
Claudio Cacapa – excellent at the heart of Newcastle’s defense yesterday
- We have an article indicating that the next two games will be a tough test for Newcastle. we’ll be able to see just how good we are against Arsenal tomorrow evening and then Manchester City on Saturday afternoon. Both games are away from home and two wins would be just great. If we can best City on Saturday we’ll go above them in the league and be at least 4th top.
Sam Allardyce – next two games will provide stern test for Newcastle squad
- Good statements from Sam Allardyce on the things that have transformed Charles N’Zogbia into one of Newcastle’s very best players this season. Lots of credit goes to our captain Geremi but others who have come in from France – like Cacapa – also seem to have befriended the young Frenchman. Looks to us like Charles feels a lot more at home now at the club. He keeps putting in some great performances for the club.
Charles N’Zogbia – one of the best young players at Newcastle – and we have plenty
- What’s being discussed on our Newcastle United Blog?
Here’s some of the recent and popular discussions going on:
- Carling Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal vs Newcastle Tues 25th Sep 19:45 KO
- Will Michael Owen be as good as before he was injured?
- As you know our site has been nominated for ‘Best Sports Blog’ as part of the Bloggers Choice Awards. If you would like to vote for us you can do so here. You can also browse through other nominations you can vote for.
SoccerLens was also nominated and you can vote for Ahmed’s Bilal’s site here.
- Here’s some choice football quotes. These hopefully will lighten up the day
“One of his strengths is not heading.” – Kevin Keegan
“I’m not disappointed – just disappointed.” – Kevin Keegan
“Until we’re out of the Champions’ League we’re still in it.” – Bobby Robson
“I’ve got plenty of irons in the fire but I’m keeping them close to my chest” – Ron Atkinson on some of his transfer dealings