Owen: Clean Bill of Health From Dr. Muschaweck

Sky Sports has held an interview with the famous German hernia surgeon Dr Ulrike Muschaweck about the procedures she carried out on Michael Owen.

She has worked some wonders again, although it seems like all the ballyhoo about Michael’s injury didn’t amount to much in the end.

We found out on Saturday there was minimal damage that Muscaweck found during the two simple procedures she performed on Owen.

michael-owen-35.jpg

Michael Owen – nicely on the mend and no long term damage

Munich-based Dr Ulrike Muschaweck told Sky Sports News:

“With this type of injury after 10 to 12, a maximum of 14 days, he is back into full activity.”
“He will start training today or tomorrow and every day do a little bit more, and after eight to 10 days he will make a full recovery.”

Shae was asked whether she thought Michael would be fit for England’s clash with Estonia on October 13th and replied:

“I hope so and I think so, yes.”

The procedures to repair Owen’s stomach were developed by Dr Muschaweck herself and she performs them exclusively at her Munich clinic. She was then asked whether there would be any long term problems for Michael to which she replied:

“There is no problem to be expected after the operation, not at all.”

What’s next for Michael? Some training and then he’ll need to force his way back into the Newcastle side 😀
Oh yes – he’ll probably play for England now, but it does seem to be right up against Muschaweck’s time line above. There’s 12 days to go to the Estonia game and 16 days to go to the Russia game.

If it’s decided to play him just let’s hope he isn’t injured again. We’ll leave it up to Michael, Big Sam and Steve McClaren to make the decision . We are well aware of Michael’s pride in representing his country,  but if he plays he has to be 100% fit.

• Arthur Prince

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:04 PM

I just want the Toon to be in the top 6 playing in Europe with a really good side playing well .
    Not disappointing the Fans Yet again . Still musnt get too depressed . If Michael and Oba and the Duke in the middle we might score more Goals and win team would be :-

Given / Harper

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa E nrique

Barton Emre Nzogbia

Martins V iduka Owen

or Deco Odonkar etc from Jan 08n onwards

Must see pace and skill so the Cheque book will have to be brought out soon .!!!

• Arthur Prince

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Mind you not sure of the balance in midfield . I think we have a prob there .

MF could be Milner Deco Barton NZogbia

Martins Owen up front and thaT IS 442 which I think I prefer

• Sinead

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Deco, does anyone actually honestly believe that he’ll come??

• Arthur Prince

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Sinead ,

Unfortunately it is wishful thinking an my part but to really progress in EPL and Europe we are going to have to attract the likes of Deco etc otherwise we will still be also rans . Who do you think we should go for in order to progress ??

• briss

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Deco would be nice but it is a far fetched at this point becasue we cant even assure him with european football. We need a reinforced midfield to control games and work to our strengths

Given

Beye Rozenhal Taylor

Butt Geremi

Milner Barton N’Zogbia

Owen/Martins Viduka

Bench:
    Owen/Martins
    Faye
    Smith
    Enrique
    Harper

With good rotation in that formation it can help up in defence as well as 2 midfielders will be back deep to help the defence. But thats always wishful thinkin as we saw against Man City.

• Sinead

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:21 PM

I don’t know but what drives me crazy about Newcastle especially, Newcastle aren’t the only ones guilty of it though, but all ye go for is big names, if ye stoped for a second and actually looked, like especially in places where most people don’t look. Like look at Reading, Kevind Doyle, Stephen Hunt, Shane Long all from the Eircom League. Sunderland have them in bundles..Stokes, Murphy etc. It’d be unthinkable if Newcastle signed someone like that, who doesn’t have the big name, they have to be big names like Owen, and Deco, and such for Newcastle to show interest.

It’s true for a lot of teams, not just Newcastle but it’s a major fault.

• roscoe

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Arthur Prince – I like your thinking about the team unfortunately I really doubt Deco will come to NUFC.

My team would be:

Given

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa E nrique

Milner Barton Nzogbia

Martins V iduka Owen

• Craig Allen

Oct 1, 2007 at 9:02 PM

According to official site, Barton, Emre, Enrique and Fay are playing in the reserves tomorrow against Sony’s reserves. Some much needed match time for all. Maybe they should throw Owen one too to be safe. I like this aspect, Sam’s brought back to NUFC. I can’t remember our reserves looking so strong in a while 😉

• Craig Allen

Oct 1, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Senior profiles up too. Bout time.

• Hammy

Oct 1, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Craig strikes again……I’d forgotten what Damien Duff looked like…
    I like the look of Roscoes team but not sure if cautious Big Sam will go for it.
    I hope Capaca is fit for the Everton game as Taylor needs rested so he can renegotiate his contract….I hear Leeds, Port Vale and other “big clubs” are monitoring talks.

• EMC

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:02 AM

Should get sven instead …

• Coolsmurf

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:12 AM

you can have owen, ronaldo, or what ever, but if there’s no service, they can’t score…

• Craig Allen

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:21 AM

There’s a nice rant on club vs country with Owen used as context on nufc.com.
    As I post this it’s 3rd from top but in case you miss it, it’s entitled
    England expects?: Big on the club scene

enjoy 🙂

• Stami

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:04 AM

i wish Owen would focus more on NUFC and less on England!!!

• Toon Chicken

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Stami – “I’d rather remain cautious at this stage than set any unrealistic targets. I shall cling to the hope that I can play for England, but people must accept Newcastle have to come first at the moment.”

That is a quote from Michael Owen.

It is the press that focus more on England and less on NUFC with regards to Owen.

• Toon Chicken

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:04 PM

And as for nufc.com…

That site has gone way down in my estimations recently.

I don’t think they dedicate nearly as much time to it as they used to, and their point of view is very close to childish at times.

And now to come out and say they don’t give a f*ck about England (there words not mine) I think is totally incredulous. I love NUFC as much as anyone, but I love England too. And for another Englishman to make those kind of comments is disgraceful in my opinion.

nufc.com will from this day forth have one less reader.