We are going to do a test run on the Newcastle United Blog is to see if we can get the best team from our readers for the next game Newcastle play.
In this case it’s Everton on Sunday and of course as usual we will have injuries so some players will not be available.
Obviously we need to pick players who are available and you can view the STATS along the top of the site to see the injury list and return dates.
Newcastle United Blog Team of the Week – these guys are probably way too old now
This was an idea from one of our readers. Here’s the section of the comment that put forward the idea yesterday â€“ it’s from Danger Mouse. Oct 2, 2007 at 19:33
One idea that I would like to see you implement is to draw up a list of four or five starting line-ups for people to vote on. Just a quick survey each week until match day.
So here’s the procedure I dreamed up last night:
- A discussion topic is posted at least a week before the match and that is already happening. In this case it’s Newcastle vs Everton Sunday 7th October, 2007 15:00 KO
- Put your potential teams in the Newcastle United Forum before every match. Some of you are already doing this as part of the match discussion.
- Then two days before each game we’ll pick 5 of the best (and different) teams from the forum and put together a poll you can then vote on.
- The day before the match we’ll publish the results of the poll and what our readers have chosen as the best team
- We’ll send the team to Big Sam and expect him to play that team the next day.
Well maybe we’ll not bother with step 5 😀
Can anyone think of a good name for this?Â Â Â Newcastle United Blog Team of the Week perhaps?
Let’s try it out for 2 or 3 games and see if it works. If it doesn’t we’ll think up something else that does work for us. Thanks and comments always welcome.