Martins’ 2 Goals: Mexico 2 – Nigeria 2 – VIDEO

mexico.gifnigeria.gif

Mexico 2 Nigeria 2 – Goals Video

Estadio Azteca, Mexico, 14th October, 2007

• iain

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:38 PM

martins 2nd is almost identical to the chance he fluffed early on vs everton, but he looks like hes learned from his misstake and corected his body shape to open up the shot for his right foot rather than slash a shot across goal with his left like he did vs everton.

• Hammy

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Oba took them well, where was the right back for the 2nd though?

• Obafan

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:47 PM

2 good goals by Oba. Hope this will give his confidence a boost so next week he will be the man who gives us a win over the Spurs.

• Ed Harrison

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Yes the second one was almost identical to the one he missed after 3 mins for Newcastle vs Everton – good to see him put it away coolly. Good publicity for Newcastle too. This boy’s good!

• Bill f

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Both well taken but I have a sneaking suspicion he’ll start on the bench this week. Not my choice I hasten to add before anyone starts to lambast me. I would start Oba and Owen.

• steve

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:44 PM

nah! Owen will get an injury tonight – hamstring I reckon, that plastic pitch will be to blame

• Bill f

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Steve, with that proviso, in which case probably Oba and the Duke ( if fit)

• steve

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:52 PM

@Bill f – I’m with you in thinking we should pick Owen and Oba if both fit – although we would def need a playmaker in midfield if we go this way as the current lump it boys aint gonna provide anything.
    Am I right in thinking Alan Smith is banned due to picking up 5 yellow cards?

• Bill f

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Yeah I think that is correct, shame as I think he would have started.