Sam Fears Newcastle Face Resurgent Tottenham

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce thinks that Tottenham Hotspur have turned the corner and will now progress up the league.

Sam fears his team will be facing a resurgent Tottenham Hotspur side in their Premier League clash tomorrow night.

We’ll take a look at what Sam had to say yesterday.

sam-allardycedm0.jpg

Sam Allardyce – fears that Spurs have turned the corner and are on the up

The North London side began the season in the worst manner imaginable, when they lost 4 of their first 6 league games, but Spurs have since experienced promising draws against Aston Villa – coming from a 4-1 deficit- and then at Liverpool.

Allardyce believes it is not the best moment to face a team that appears to be getting better.

“We need to have as many players available and 100 per cent fit as possible to compete because I think Tottenham are turning the corner.”

“Martin Jol went from 4-1 down and staring at the sack to 4-4, and then went within a whisker of beating Liverpool, so they are on the march, they are on the up, and you have got really top quality players in that team.”

“If they are getting the confidence back it will take a really big effort here on Monday night to make sure we get three points from them,”

Certainly Spurs need to improve from their poor start this season, given all the excellent players they have in the squad. It’s not going to be an easy game tomorrow night but a win is what Newcastle need to keep in touch with the leaders. We are due a good performance as well, especially from the defense, which at times have looked solid this season, but need to have a few shutouts. A win and a shutout is what we need. We should be able to achieve that.

• Ole

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:05 AM

Newcastle United is by far the better side, and nothing else than 3 points at home to Spurs is acceptable!!!

• Brisbane Mag

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Spurs are a very good side and Newcastle will have to perform for the full 90 minutes to get something out of this game.

It can go either way, but I’m going for a 3-2 Newcastle win……

• Aussie geordie

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:33 AM

I’ll take a win anyway we can get it I just hope we run our socks off and I’ll be getting up at five am to watch the game!

• malaysian youngster

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:42 AM

i can see emre will be scoring goal. haha emre emre emre emre!!!!

• ToonKing

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:08 PM

hmmm i’m too hoping Emre will pull a Fabregas and start scoring …..

• OzZyMagpiE

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Yea same here will be gettin up at 5 am to watch the game….. hope emre startz n i really hope we pull out a win… dun want it 2 be a dark n gloomy morning down here in Perth

• Ole

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Yes, I agree, Emre should start! We need his creativity and his willingness to go forward!!

• Matthew Tom

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Definitely start with Emre, he’s been looking very good so far and Barton will need to be eased in. I’ve always been a big Emre fan from when I watched him at the San Siro (ah, those were the days) and I was over the moon when Souness signed him.

Luxury indeed if we can have Barton and Emre both on top form. I read something recently about Allardyce possibly playing them together in central midfield, due to Barton’s energy and tackling, but I reckon we should play Butt or Geremi in a holding role and use Barton and Emre as alternatives for the attacking role.

But what to do with Smith? Always liked him better at striker than midfield, and for me we should have Viduka/Smith playing with Owen/Martins and let Shola move on to get some proper football.

• FyzZ

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:26 PM

ho ho i’ll wait until 3am just for pacy oba! c’mon oba! shut all the mouth those who are not agreeing with u..!!

Harper

Beye Rozehnal Cacapa Enrique

Milner Emre Geremi N’Zogbia

Owen Martins

• leo

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:29 PM

yeah smith and oba played really well together, seemed to have a real good understanding of eachother, played eachother in as much as possible. so ameobi will be gone if he cant improve unfortunatly, because there is better players out there.

• azza jones

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:43 AM

My Toon Faithful Friends,

I love a punt on the EPL and I have two live multi-bets running with my beloved NUFC needing to win against spurs for a $3000 grand payday…..I couldnt have wrote a better script…..Not bad for a $170 outlay

I had a nightmare last night that spurs got a 92min equaliser too make it 2-2. I think I will cry if that happens but I totally agree we need the three points to keep in touch….

Martins should be pumped following his performance last season against them and also his goals for nigeria….

Howay the lads