Sam – Tottenham Talented, Cacapa Crocked?

Sam Allardyce faces a late decision on Brazilian center-back Claudio Cacapa for this evening’s match with Tottenham.

Cacapa has had groin problems regularly lately and is again battling a groin strain. We hope Claudio will be available because his experience is a big help and a calming influence to the rest of the players in the back-line.
claudio-cacapa-324.jpg

Brazilian Claudio Cacapa – we hope he makes the game this evening

If Claudio doesn’t make it then we expect Rozehnal to be drafted in. Looks like Steven Taylor is now 4th in line for center-back these days.

Sam talked today about Tottenham:

“Tottenham have a hugely talented squad of high-class players. They have spent probably £100million or so in the last three or four years on that team, a young side which has produced very, very well over the last couple of seasons.”

“All of a sudden, the season has started not as well as expected and the amount of pressure which falls on the manager in particular is immense. That then reflects on the players and the performances.”

“But for me over the last two games Tottenham have shown the sort of resilience you need to be successful and overcome what has been a poor start.”

Sam seems to be setting the stage a bit in case Newcastle don’t get all 3 points. But 3 points are what most Newcastle fans are expecting, although we know it will not be an easy game. But we’ve been outstanding at home so far this season and we should be able to get the win.

Tottenham of course also need points to climb up the league from 4th bottom. So it looks like it’s going to be some game with a lot at stake. Cannot wait!!

• joe

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:14 PM

i’m sorry but ive got a real bad feeling for the game tonight. Everytime i drag my ass out of bed at 3am to watch it on tv halfway around the world we’re bound to lose… somehow. Marseille, Lisbon, Alkmaar, Reading, Derby.. 🙁

• toonmad

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:23 PM

I hope you’re wrong joe, but the toon do seem to struggle after any sort of international break, it doesnt matter if we play on the saturday sunday or monday, just have to pray for an early goal and hope the crowd keep them going through the 90

• exi

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:23 PM

Then just sleep!

• bennit3b

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Yea, stay in bed. I’ll update you. lol

• UTD111

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:45 PM

You sleep with a Donkey, Joe?????

• leo

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:25 PM

why would he sleep with a donkey? because hes got a bad feeling?

what is that the mule chewing on his balls during the night, haha.

anyone seen what jol has been saying about newcastle? i hope we thrash them, not likely but, i really want to put them down the league, so the fkr gets sacked.

• UTD111

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:41 PM

He must sleep with a donkey – he said he “drags his ass out of bed” or summat! So the ass has to be in bed first yes?

• Callum

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:48 PM

joe, i know the feeling 🙁

• Aussie geordie

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:03 PM

I have to get up for every game but the last 5am wake up was for Derby and that was a tough game to watch so fingers crossed for this one. There has been a lot of reds and sending offs this weekend so I think our ref will want to stay out of the limelight and providing both teams behave it should be a quiet game. What Jol said pisses me off though so I hope we their $16 million toy breaks down for a year as well.

• evildick

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:05 PM

i’m getting up at 5am here in sydney, can’t wait! i hope all the toon army really gets behind the lads, we need to really raise the roof. i’ll raise mine, probabily wake my neighbours but that’s ok, they play piano late at night.

• Bill f

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:16 PM

I find it amusing (and uplifting) when I see talk about having to draft Roz into the team. Shows the strength of the squad now.

I have just said it an another blog that I dreamt we won 9-1 last night.

UTD111 It probably helps if it is an attractive donkey, well you wouldn’y want an ugly one. 😉

• UTD111

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Its not just Roz – its Stevie Taylor too who is having to fight hard to get in (and he was first choice last season!), and its great to see the quality Sam has to choose for the midfield too. I’m predicting 3-1 to United :o)

• Craig F

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Good call UTD111!!!

• UTD111

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:19 AM

LOL thanks Craig – wish I could predict the national lottery numbers with the same accuracy! I was at the game as usual – I thought that apart from a 15 minute spell by Totts 2nd half, we controlled the game – what do others think?