The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Taylor – I’m 100% Comitted to Newcastle United

3:14 pm, Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 by Ed Harrison · 10 Comments

Steven Taylor talked today gives a great interview to the Shields Gazette, and if any Newcastle fan is wondering if this boy is committed to Newcastle United, then every single fan should read his comments.

Taylor comes across so keen and ready to go and so very committed to the club that any fan who thought he may be getting too big for his boots – will have to think again.

Steven actually thinks being dropped from the team has only made him more determined than ever to win his place back.

steven-taylor-england.jpg

Steven Taylor – more determined than ever to win his place back in the Newcastle side

Taylor says being left out of the team – along with his still unresolved contract situation – has not affected his focus in training and he is now more keen than ever before to win his place back in the Newcastle team – and he says once he gets it back he’s not going to let go of the shirt. Good for him – let’s see what Taylor told the Shields Gazette today:

“I 100 per cent want to play for Newcastle United,” “I’m desperate to play again. I’m itching to get out there, but the gaffer picks the team and I respect his decision.”

“You have ups and downs in your career. It’s one of those things, it’s part of being a footballer and you’ve got to take it on the chin.” “Everyone has a bad game, but Manchester City was a bad team performance.”

“I know the gaffer didn’t mean to single me out with what he said last week, and I’ve not let what’s been written, or anything to do with the contract, affect me on the training pitch.”

“I’ve got to work hard to win my place back, and when I get the shirt back I’m not going to let go of it.” “Not starting games has made me even hungrier for success at this club.”

“I’m not going to be one of those people who sulks – sulking gets you nowhere. I’m working hard in training every day, and waiting for my chance.”

Certainly Sam, whatever he does, seems to get the players thinking along the right lines and Sam himself knows it’s one of the hardest things in football management these days to keep everybody in the squad happy. But they all seem so focused on the team – which is just great. We don’t have many doubts about Steven – he’s always shown the ability and he’s now showing the character and aptitude and these together must equal a great career ahead of him – of that we have no doubt. But we’d really like Steven to get that contract signed – it’s a little worrisome that it’s taking so long.

And if we could only turn this passion for the club into good away performances – where we could get a clean sheet and even win – that’s what we need!

Hey – how about starting with the Sunderland game.   Comments always very welcome.

Tags: Players · Steven Taylor

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 Arthur Prince // Oct 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Good for you Steven . Right attitude look forward to seeing how you do in the next match probably Sat against Pompey

• 2 Alex Brett // Oct 30, 2007 at 3:24 PM

Glad to hear it!! I dont think Taylor is the type to sulk anyway!! he is living his dream, he is one for the future he knows he has a test of getting back in the team! so does everyone!! which can only mean good things for NUFC!!

• 3 hadrian // Oct 30, 2007 at 4:30 PM

i hear andy carroll isnt doing himself any favours at preston , sounds like the lad needs brought home sharpish .

• 4 Marguerite // Oct 30, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Well done young Steve. I love the attitude and commitment of this young man, I have written on several occasions voicing my anxietyand real concerns that he will be allowed leave the club.

I fully realise he is far from the finished article yet, but there is such potential which only needs to be correctly channelled and coached. I sincerely hope this is exactly what will happen and with his determination, enthusiasm, willingness to learn / improve and above all his loyalty (which should not be underestimated in these cynical days), we will soon see him back in the first team.

Hadrian – re young Carroll, I think I agree that languishing as a sub in the PNE reserves is serving no purpose and agree the kid should be brought back. I don’t think it is a happy camp at the moment at Preston with Simpson and he would be better served coming back to SJP.

• 5 Leo // Oct 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM

hungrier is that actually a real word??? seems like a made up one,

hungrier hahaha, made my have a chuckle to myself

• 6 Leo // Oct 30, 2007 at 7:06 PM

yeah i totally agree get carroll back up to the north east

• 7 Alex // Oct 30, 2007 at 8:09 PM

I agree also, lets get Carrol back and give him some playing time he would give us more options up front.And we could order the taxi for ameobi

• 8 briss // Oct 30, 2007 at 8:32 PM

I never had any doubt about Steven, his mind and heart is in the right place. I could see him on the bench with Roz and Faye the two CB’s against Pompey hopefully he makes an appearance for his hard work

• 9 Brisbane Mag // Oct 30, 2007 at 10:05 PM

It’s essential BSA plays Taylor when possible if he’s to gain experience. We agree he’s not the finished article and needs to learn alongside his peers!

Critical his contract is resolved and he stays with Newcastle for the next 5 years…….

• 10 adaaaam // Oct 31, 2007 at 12:20 AM

in a few years taylor will be our carragher

previous post: Funny Football Quotes and Beautiful Women