Owen Deserves Break From Newcastle Fans

Michael Owen had a wonderful event happen this week – the birth of his third child. His beautiful wife Louise gave birth on schedule earlier this week.

On the work side of things however, Michael says he feels sorry for the Newcastle fans – who constantly have to read stories linking him with a move away from Newcastle.

Michael is a quiet lad, and has given up denying all the stupid stories about him, there are just so many of them. Michael is used to it – but the gossip papers continually link him with moves away from St. James’ Park.

michael-owen-2734.jpg

Michael Owen – wife Louise gave birth to their third child this week

Even though Newcastle have stated there is no longer any buy-out clause in Michael’s contract, facts don’t seen to deter stories linking him with a move to Manchester City for £6M in January – which is complete and utter nonsense.

However, in truth Michael has never spoken a bad word against the club, the area or the fans. On the contrary, Michael and his family seem to just love life in the North East, and he has often talked of his desire to remain at St. James’ Park.

Michael told nufc.co.uk this afternoon:

“I feel sorry for the fans more than myself because I’m used to it now and I’ve had worse things thrown at me,”

“I don’t where it comes from and there has been speculation since I arrived at Newcastle.” “No month goes by without someone saying I’m going here there and everywhere.

“I’m still here and I’m looking forward to Saturday’s game and the rest of the season with Newcastle.” “I signed a four-year contract and I believe that actions speak louder than words, I’m still here and I love it here.”

“There has been no talk of a new contract because I still have two years to run on this one.” “I do my best every time I play, but no matter what I do or say there will still be stories and that’s frustrating for the fans.”

We think it’s about time Michael got a break from the fans. Yes, he loves playing for England, but that’s because he’s a patriotic person and loves his country. Not much wrong with that. He’s a good lad, there’s not much doubt about that, and certainly still a great player – and it’s obvious he loves life on Tyneside.

And it’s a very happy time for Michael this week with the birth of his 3rd child. Maybe he’ll celebrate on Saturday with a goal. Hey – a hat-trick would be very nice – one for each of his kids 😀

Comments very welcome.

• Hammy

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Cmon Michael let’s start banging them in and we’ll all be kissing your ass……
    Ed, where are all these adds coming from????

• Hammy

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Just read one from a “Ting Tong” nice girl from Thailand seeks very wealthy western man………

• joshi

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:28 PM

Does anybody sometimes just think…. wow we actually have THE michael OWEN in our team? i certainly do, if you think about it its pretty awesome, he is a footballing icon in some respects.

• Dirk

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:36 PM

joshi, i agree he is a world renowned striker, possibly one of the best around and an asset to any club that has him and were lucky to have him.

• Arthur Prince

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:10 PM

I agree ED its about time he got cut some slack . See my comments in “Sam expects win against Pompey ” I t is getting very boring to go over and over this old story . He is here with us at NUFC a class striker so lets get behind him cheer him along and enjoy the goals he is going to score for us .Congratulations on your 3rd child Michael . I for one am glad you are here in our team .

• Greg B

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:15 PM

I have to agree, he seems a great lad. I have knocked him in the past, I am ugly enough to admit that, but I really do think if we get behind him, his confidence will grow (not that he lacks confidence), he will bang the goals in for us and ultimatley sign a new, release clause free contract in the summer.

• Pete

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Englands Michael Owen is just biding his time until the contract expires and he can move for a free

• Hammy

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Hey guys, if everybody loves everybody what’s the point of having a great blogsite like this????

Your all gan soft……

• Hammy

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:36 PM

And Ed, the clocks went back last weekend…I don’t fancy going to work an hour early in the morning thanks…..

• ToonKing

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:53 PM

It is really refreshing reading comments where Owen is finally showed some love.

Joshi man than you, you managed to write in one sentence what i’ve been preaching for months here.
    People should really think about that for a second, it’s Michael Owen we have in our team mates, in almost every respect one of the most prolific strikers in recent history(probably the best if he wasn’t injured for that long), and comparable to the Great One.

• Reb

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Pete — how can you claim to know the motivations of a man whom I assume you’ve not so much as met once? There is plenty of evidence that Owen is enjoying life on Tyneside, and wants to stay — he’s come out and said it himself now, direct like. He just bought a house in the Newcastle area last June (he’d rented before that apparently), his daughter’s in school there and all indications are that his wife is happy. Owen, Shearer, Mort and others have all indicated that Owen is content and wants to stay and help Newcastle achieve something.

How amazing will it be if Newcastle keep Owen, and he breaks records while a Newcastle player? “Newcastle have England’s best ever”…can’t wait to read that headline. Maybe that’s why the papers seem so intent to drive a wedge between him and the Toon Army — can you imagine the London based papers having to acknowledge that England’s finest isn’t at one of the hallowed “Big Four” (assuming Chelsea get back into the top 4)? Or even better: “Second ‘Owen Cup Final’ brings Trophy to Newcastle” — hey, I can dream! Owen’s said he wants to win another treble, so the Newcastle fans will finally take to him.

Now, exiting the clouds and back down to Earth…I’d love to see Owen score at the weekend. A good cap to an exciting week for him. And Congrats to Owen on his third bub in five years!

• Leo

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:30 AM

yeah as i said previously. lets get behind michael owen not on his back…

• indian toon

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:59 AM

congrats on the third child michael, and hope this brings some luck to ya.. cheers.

• Len

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:24 AM

Congrats Mike.

• Brisbane Mag

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:18 AM

Congratulations to Michael and family on their third arrival!

Now hope he signs an extension to his current contract with Newcastle that is performance related; i.e. paid per game and per goal. One can dream I guess…….

• nasko skoplje

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:36 AM

who is the father of that child? I KNOW….. THE FATHER IS OBAFEMI MARTINS ….HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

• Craig Allen

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:56 AM

lol nasko, show some respect … sheesh. Congrats Mickey!Looking forward to you hitting top form this season.

• geordie_jordan

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:03 AM

whole heartedly agree. let’s get off michael’s back.

• yemozone

Nov 2, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Lets give michael all the support he needs as a toon

• Toon Chicken

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:23 AM

Gan on Mickey O!

Going to the match tomorrow – totally buzzin!

Anyone know if Ashley’s gonna be buying everyone a pint again??

• evildick

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:39 AM

i rate owen big time, his record speaks for itself.

if you ignore the papers/web rumours it’s alot more fun being a football fan. just watch the games and enjoy them for what they are sport not soap operah.

• Owen

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Congrats to Mr Owen. Hope mother and baby are doing well.

Now it’s time to celibrate. 3 kids, how about 3 goals against Pompey.

Smith and Owen up front.

3 nil to the geordie boys…..

• MN

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:21 AM

great to read all these comments….

just my input….

1) Ed, how about getting the crowd at st.james park to start a kind of campaign for Owen, saying something like “great to have you here”, “score more goals” etc… idea is to show MO that the geordies (and all other newcastle supporters globall) are behind MO. This may boost his confidence and can you imagine the numbers of goals he will score per match if you have a confident player in the team….

2) Ed, was MO ever being mentioned in the papers/blogs etc that he was leaving Real Madrid when he was in Spain? and did he come out and say he is staying in Real? you know, just trying to draw a comparison between his stay with NUFC and Real Madrid, just to put a stop to all these rumours going on about him leaving, if you know what i mean?

Cheers and have a nice weekend….

• andyc290

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:23 AM

I think it would be pretty obvious if it was Oba’s kid dont you Nasko 🙂

• evildick

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:50 AM

MN i think thats a really good idea to get some kind of campaign going for owen. it’d be great for owen and the rest of england to see how geordies really feel about owen live on matchday, rather than how the press would like to portray.

the man is a legend and has the backing of the most loyal fans in the country!

• Hadrian

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:38 AM

yes lets all kiss owens ass .
    have a word , the 110k a week he gets does that already .
    lets just cheer on our squad including micheal owen , put the guy up on whatever pedestal you want when he knocks in 20+ goals this season , untill then just let it all go . media has baited everytoon fan these past month(including myslef) lets just let this story die .

• Owen

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:26 PM

andyc290 // Nov 2, 2007 at 10:23

I think it would be pretty obvious if it was Oba’s kid dont you Nasko

Of course it would but not untill he starts playing football and misses all the simple tap ins but score crackers from impossible situations 🙂

• cam_toon

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:45 PM

nasko skoplje … ur a twat

• Hadji

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Nasko…Its not Martins,Its Habko.
    See ya brother

• valle

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Cam_toon… He is obviously a 10 year old without parents to teach him manners, and a mackem to boot i reckon.

• Hadji

Nov 3, 2007 at 5:36 AM

No Valle he’s not a Mackem i guarantee you that,he’s a Chelsea supporter and he’s one of my best friends.

• nasko skoplje

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:56 AM

HADJI, thank you for everything …