Sam Not Getting Too Much Sleep

Sam Allardyce has admitted today that he isn’t getting too much sleep at night as he tries to find a way for Newcastle out of the bad patch they are currently in.

sam-allrdcye-scouling.jpg

Sam Allardyce – not getting too much sleep at nights

We remember earlier in the season Sam saying that he never slept much before a game when he was playing and it seems as thought it’s much the same when he’s the manager. Sam told the Evening Chronicle today:

“To be honest, I don’t really sleep much anyway – even less when I am in a position like I am in now, because you want to look at yourself first.”

“You are the one who has to change what you need to change, and the way you are going to go about your job is very important in terms of the people who look up to see if they get the leadership they need to pull them through it. I know I can do that. We know if we all stick together and produce performances at the sort of level we did on Saturday, we will.”

“I have got to reinforce that with the players and show them the way forward, and they have got to keep believing in themselves and us as a unit, and come through the difficult period we are in.

“We are all uncomfortable with the situation – we are all getting a little bit desperate.” “But at the end of the day, the judgment comes at 38 games for me, not at 14.”

“It would be a terrific victory if we could achieve it and, at this particular time, the most important one.”

Anything is possible on the night, but it will be a little harder against the team who are currently at the top of the Premier league. But before our two woeful displays against Portsmouth and Liverpool we had played very well at home. And after Saturday’s good performance away from home, hopes have to be high that we can produce another good display at home, against the Londoners.

With the game being broadcast live around the world, it will be a great stage for Newcastle to come back into their own and back on their winning ways. We only hope they can do just that.

Comments are always welcome.

• Tom_Toon

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:50 PM

If we get a victory against Arsenal it completely turns the season around as we are only then uefa cup is reachable, im not saying that it isnt if we lose it just gives the season a new dimension and a different mentality to getting top 6.

Also if i was BSA if i looked at myself first i woldnt be able to sleep.

• Tom_Toon

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:51 PM

we are only 3-6 points away fro the uefa cup*

• Johnny T

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Are you for real?

• Tom_Toon

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:55 PM

are you?

• evil dick

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:04 PM

big Sams black n white army!

• Mac

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Uefa cup. I can’t see it. Lets juts concentrate on fininshing higher that we did last season. A decent performance against the Arse would be great but a point oor 3 would be an amazing achievement,and i believe it would lift the squad and manager no end,breathing anew found belife and confidence into our game. Come on the Toon believe

• Leo

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:20 PM

i think we will have to wait for uefa cup for now i think, hopes preceeding

• adam

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:33 PM

im glad hes not getting enough sleep because im not either. the carling cup game against arsenal earlier in the season has me worried. cant wait for the game tho

• Eric Newton

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:41 PM

What is required for sucess in any class of sport is a settled team which hopefully will result in consistant perfomances.

Up until now this has not happened.

To be fair Newcastle have been on the receiving end of some excellent strikes so far this season as well as some schoolboy defending.

So when we have a settled team hopefully this will translate into some kind of consistancy.

I think Fat Sam, sorry, Big Sam has got to be given at least another dozen games to achieve this.

Shearer is clearly not ready and everyone else is in the running for the England job.

So, hold your horses for the moment boys!

Having said that if we lose to Stoke I think that that would be the end of the line for Big Sam and that Sir Bobby might be brought in to get us to the end of the season.

• ToonKing

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:53 PM

if we loose to Stoke then even i will turn on Sam…….but that ain’t gonna happen and there are still plenty of other games till we get there and if we do good in those than i can live with a defeat at Stoke……but i can’t see it happening.

• Eve

Dec 4, 2007 at 11:32 PM

Can you imagine his meeting with his therapist..

I can’t eat, I can’t sleep, it’s just terrible, they just simply can’t defend, I try to coach them I do, but I don’t know anything about football. What ever shall I do??

LOL!!

• Bill f

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:21 AM

He obviously needs a good woman behind him Eve, I nominate you for the job.

• Kayazirie

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:19 AM

Hello everyone. I’m another Toon junkie posting here for the first time. I’ve been reading the articles and posts on this site since the beginning of the season.
    I’ve been following Newcastle since 1999, and have been on the roller coaster of the ups and downs that are tied in with the club as all of you.
    I’ve never been to a match, never been to the country, but its the only thing in my life that has been consistent for this long. Even through the inconsistency, theres always always another match, another chance. Theres nothing else like it in life, and I love Newcastle United.
    That all being said, in my time as a supporter, Ive never been as conflicted with my feelings and thoughts about the TEAM and specifically the manager. My favorite manager has been Sir Bobby, and ever since, even if I didnt like the managers, which I didnt, I at least felt like I knew what I was getting. The teams at the time, were not full of the players, or at least healthy, that I wanted at the club. (Bramble…I cant say enough how much I couldnt stand him)
    With the current squad, if healthy, on paper seems like a top 6 club almost without question in my opinion. With all that I knew of BSA and his history, I felt like I could expect a good backroom staff, a good team with good signings, and a man capable of finding success with his proven abilities as manager at Bolton (albeit sometimes dull, still effective)
    I didnt expect tactics, positioning, and the starting 11 to be a constant confusion to be, week in week out. Every match that Ive been able to watch has been a disaster, and I have to admit, Ive been internally one of the negative recently.
    A post from December 3rd from Bobby had an article attached to it from true-faith. It was an amazing article, (thanks Bobby) and after reading it came to some basic conclusions.
    First, Im not a fan of the tactics and formations right now. Thats probably not going to change, for now.
    Secondly, Im far too impatient.
    The article brought me to some peace though, and Im putting my faith into Sam. Im going to get rid of the negativity, and get back to the roots of being a supporter. I was reminded that all this mess at the moment will bring another game, another chance, even if I dont understand what or why the hell some decisions are being made 🙂 Really, it is about something a lot deeper than any of the players on the pitch or Sam or any result. Its about us, and thats really the bottom line. This club IS its supporters. Seriously, if you havent read it yet, check it out.
    So, Sam, get some rest man. Get sorted out, and beat the ever living piss out of the Gooners. Thats whats up.
    Everybody get some rest on all this, maybe well get some of this negative stink thats rots us, and get back to thae bottome line…support.
    Howay the lads!!
    Look forward to rambling with you all in the future…cheers.

• Ivan

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:41 AM

Come on toon!

• Hadji

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:43 AM

Ok guys maybe i’m being too optimistic but i still believe we can finish in top 5.All we need is a winning streak,and a win against Arsenal would be a great start to begin with.
    Just remember last season in the Bundes league when after 13 or 14 games Stutgart was in the bottom half.But after 9 wins in a row they joined the top 3 and somehow they won the league.
    Now…i don’t expect the same miracle from Newcastle but i do believe if we win 5 games in a row we could be in the top 5 teams this season.We need to stay behind the players and believe that there is still chance to achieve that.
    NEWCASTLE FOR LIFE

• Jeremy9

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:41 AM

I’m not going to worry about European play just yet. Right now, being across the pond, I don’t know what the hell is going on with our ‘club’. I think we will be okay this season and we will turn it around; remember how good we started out this season, granted it was easier competition but it was still good. And is it true that M Ashley’s favorite player is A Smith and that is why he seems to make the lineup all the time and that is why BSA bought/signed him?? Anywho, call me crazy, but I got us winning or drawing tomorrow. We showed up well vs the big four last year, I think we will pull it off tomorrow. Wish I could leave work to watch but I’ll just avoid your news mid-day and then watch the replay in the evening. Can’t wait.

• Andy4kin

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Big Sam, STOP talking to pubilc, you have been talking alot in recently, instead you should get down to the training ground work more effectively with our players for improvement or work out our team plan & seek for a selection to be more balance team! I can not stand you keep talking sh*t!!! Andy from HK

• Southside Jordy

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:41 AM

I feel the underdogs are gunna pull it off tonight boys and girls!!!

Newcastle 2 – 1 Arsenal