Newcastle Can get Win at Fulham

Fulham Football Club do not have a very good home record and have won just two games at home in the league all season. They are above Sunderland in 4th bottom position due to a superior goal difference. We expect Newcastle to pick up all 3 points tomorrow at Craven Cottage.

sam-allardyce-2.JPG

Sam Allardyce – Newcastle due a win on the road tomorrow

Newcastle haven’t been great way form home this season, but showed encouraging form at Blackburn Rovers, and were unlucky not to get something out of that game. Similar form tomorrow at Craven Cottage should get us a result and all 3 points has to be the goal for tomorrow’s game.

Our only win on the road this season was our very first competitive game under Sam Allardyce at Bolton on the first day of the season.

Sam talked about Fulham today:

“I think Fulham are a better team than their league position suggests. They have been in the lead a lot this season and drawn games they should have won and lost games they should have drawn.”

“They have conceded a lot of late goals, but they are close to being a top-half-of-the-table side in my opinion.” “They are a bit like us because we could be in a higher position than we are for the same reason. We’ve been talking about the need to be better at the back all season, in fact we’re sick of talking about it.”

“It’s time to go out there and do it on the pitch.”

In our next two games, away tomorrow at Fulham and then home the following Sunday against bottom of the league Derby County, has to be thought of as 6 points for us and a suitable move up the league. Anything less will be a disappointment, that’s for sure.

• doby the mag

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Ed – Don’t want to be a pessimist but I think every time that you’ve said that we should get all 3 points, we’ve got beaten. I hope you’re right this time!!!

• Graham

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:27 AM

I agree we can get a win tomorrow. Our defence has had anothe rweek playing together and the rest of the team a finall starting to show some understanding about each other.

But WILL we get a win tomorrow? I honestly dont know. A draw against the likes of Fulham always seems dissapointing but come 7 o clock tomorrow night i fear that is what we’ll have…

• Kash2

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Keep taking pops on goal like we did against Arsenal and Birmingham and Fulham will succomb to our pressure. Fulham are rubbish at the back, but they’re decent going forward!

• Ausgeordie

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:47 PM

I think we are going to get a win tomorrow. We need to win the next three games to bridge the gap between us and the boys above. We are five points behind 9th and 8 behind 4th so this is clearly our best chance to get some points and get on a run. I think there is going to be a lot of draws this weekend fingers crossed

• ToonKing

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:26 PM

I really hope we can get the win and in a reasonable time too so pls lads don’t leave it late again, my local basketball team won yesterday by 1 point in the 2nd overtime so my heart can’t take those emotions again.

• Thelongshanks

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:47 PM

If we dont win,then performances at arsenal,blackburn and birmingham are for nothing.We need at least another three wins to get back up there challenging for uefa,at thats the least we want this season.

Cmon the toon!!!!!!!

• scott 9

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:47 PM

I THINK WE SHOULD WIN TOMMOROW I THINK MILNER AND ZOG WILL DAMAGE FULHAMS RIGHT SIDE OF DAVIES AND OMUZLI OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS THE 18 YEAR OLD I THINK WE WILL PLAY THE SAME TEAM LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING IT ON SETANTA

• Leo

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:41 PM

yep. glad it is on setanta, its lucky because on sunday i miss both the grandslam games because ive got to go to a christmas event at the sage in gateshead. bastards

• Tripp

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Hey Setanta guys. I’m thinking about getting their PC/Web package for £7/mo. Do you guys know much about it? I’d like to hear from a few people before I take the plunge.

And yeah, Zog ‘n James will work their right. I was impressed by their work together against BC. More of the same, if you please.

• Bill f

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Tripp I nearly did as well, so if anyone wants to give advice, we are both listening.