Newcastle United manager Sam Allardyce has denied this morningâ€™s newspaper reports linking Newcastle with a Â£1M move for Ipswich Townâ€™s Jon Walters, when the January transfer window opens.
Sam Allardyce – cross Walters and Kadar off the list – they’re not coming
Allardyce said today he is not looking to add Walters to his squad, as he told the Evening Chronicle early this afternoon:
â€œI had Jonathan with me at Bolton Wanderers and I am delighted that he is doing so well with Ipswich, but he is not someone I am looking to bring here.â€
Sam has also denied being ready to sign 17 year-old Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar, who was on trial last week from his club Zalaegerszeg Torna Egylet. It was reported he was impressive during the friendly game on Thursday afternoon. However, Big Sam also talked about Kadar to the the Chronicle today:
â€œHe is not on my radar at the moment.â€
It may be good that Sam is denying some of these rumors, because if he doesn’t in the future, then maybe we’ll be onto a real target. Just a thought, because we know we are going to be linked with lots and lots of players in the next few weeks.
Comments very welcome.