We are still trying to recover from another woeful display from Samâ€™s Newcastle side today – but we wanted to put down some initial reflections about the game today. Weâ€™ll have to wait until we get a good night’s sleep tonight and recover from this game, before we reflect further on what was as depressing a display from Newcastle United today, than we have seen in many a day.
- Sam just has to start playing more attractive and attacking football. If he doesnâ€™t then he shouldn’t expect the fans’ support for this tripe that is being served up as football. It just passes the bar when we win, like last week at Fulham, but when we cannot even beat the worst side in the league at home – itâ€™s just not good enough by a long long way.
- We must play an attacking 4-4-2 formation against 2nd bottom of the league Wigan Town on Boxing Day.Â PLEASE letâ€™s have Milner on the right wing and Nâ€™Zogbia on the left wing.
- Smith should be played as a striker or central midfield player or else he should be a sub, but not on the wing.
- Donâ€™t play Martins way out on the right wing ever again â€“ heâ€™s too far from the goal and his potency is completely lost.
- Play Cacapa and Taylor as central defenders. Rozehnal was again a little dodgy for their second goal today. Give David a rest on Wednesday, he deserves a break and will be all the better for it.
- The only way we can have a good recovery from today’s nightmare (and we use our words advisedly), is if we win at Wigan and attack them from the very first whistle.Â Another Fulham type performance will see a lot of Newcastle fans turned off even more.
Sam will not last very long if he serves up this kind of football, because itâ€™s just not good enough. We remember the beautiful flowing football Sir Bobby Robson played and the wonderful exciting fare served up by Kevin Keegan. This may be good enough at Bolton but itâ€™s just not good enough on Tyneside â€“ especially because of the much classier players we have at Newcastle that were never available at Bolton.
Let us know what’s on your minds. Please try to keep the comments fairly respectable – well as much as you can in the circumstances – many thanks.