Newcastle United are a very inconsistent side this season. Today, the lads were just great and deserved something from this game. But the luck will even out over the season, we’re sure of that.
Shay Given – had a great game for Newcastle today
- Newcastle played an excellent game today, and with any luck in the last 10 minutes, could have even come away with an unlikely win.
- The Chelsea second goal was clearly off-side, and weâ€™d be interested to hear if the assistant apologizes for not flagging for offside. The referee’s assistant just wasnâ€™t doing his job. But we’ll have to get over it, and it’s not the first time and will not be the last time we’ve had a poor goal given against us.
- Shay Given had a wonderful game today, and made some fine saves which kept Newcastle in the game, until they came back strongly in the second half.
- The Newcastle defense played very well, especially Taylor and Cacapa in central defense, and looked quite solid although Chelseaâ€™s first goal should have been prevented.
- Nâ€™Zogbia played excellently well when attacking down the left and made our goal. But he seemed to be the weak link in Newcastleâ€™s defense as Wright Phillips gave him a torrid time all afternoon. Maybe we need to play Charles on the wing and look for somebody else at left back. Where was Enrique today?
- Just when Jose Enrique could have been brought on so we could play Charlie up front, Jose wasnâ€™t even on the bench. Sam needs to give Jose a game soon, maybe he can even start on Wednesday and play Nâ€™Zogbia up front.
- We defended for much of the first half, but when Newcastle started to attack in the second half, they looked a strong side and were running Chelsea ragged for 30 minutes, until Chelsea came back late in the game.
- We cannot grumble too much about the performance of the lads today. It was guts and glory â€“ but they must do this in every game. We’ll look for another consistent performance and perhaps some better luck at home to Manchester City on Wednesday. They deserve some good support after this display.
- There didn’t look too much wring with the Newcastle side today, as the TV commentators pointed out. And maybe if we can work on our consistency things are not as bad as they may appear. If we were only more patient ….
- We were proud of the lads today. 😀
Comments very welcome.