Allardyce Transfer List In Mort’s Hands

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce says he has no knowledge of any limit on his spending in the January transfer window, and discusses players that are now available or may become available, regularly with Chairman Chris Mort.

chris-mort-1243.jpg

Sam’s transfer list of players already with Chris Mort

Sam Allardyce has already identified the players he would like to bring in, and given the list to Chris, and things will develop form the re says Big Sam, much like the transfer business was conducted in the summer.

Sam said today:

“I am putting players forward to the chairman and decisions will be made from there,” “The players that might be available and are available are being discussed on a regular basis, day to day.”

“I was never given an indication of a budget in the summer and it will be similar in this window.”

We would be surprised if January went to fay before we announce at least a couple of new players at Newcastle. Of course Sam hasn’t been altogether lucky with some of the injuries the team has endured, especially to top striker Michael Own who has missed lot of important Newcastle games through one injury and another.

Sam talked about Michael today:

“We have had games where we have created a large number of chances and you have to wonder, if Michael had been there, we might have converted a higher proportion of our chances,”

“His injury has been a massive disappointment. But he is now back and we can only hope that with no internationals coming up, and his training and fitness work (being) in-house, we can get him fit and scoring goals again.”

Allardyce has also said it would take a big offer for him to sell any of his players, but we think Ameobi, Carr and Pattison could all leave the club in January. Michael has only just returned from a thigh injury, picked up on England duty, which has kept him out of action for six weeks. Seems that Sam is just pleased to have the England striker back in his team, and we think Michael may even start tomorrow night, against Manchester City.

The very best thing Michael can do tomorrow is to score a couple of goals (3 would be better), and give a nice New Year’s present to the ever faithful Newcastle fans. That would certainly be a very nice start to the year on Tyneside, and may even lift the gloom and doom surrounding the club right now.

Comments always welcome.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 1, 2008 at 7:36 PM

My Transfer List (Sams):

I want lots of hoofers, find me hoofers, they gotta have 26 inch biceps, two left feet and have to be 6ft 8, find me hoofers, yayay.

• valle

Jan 1, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Tom_Toon… I think u mixed up Sam’s transfer list with ur own christmas wishlist there mate… Im sure santa will bring u one of those soon.

• Hadrian

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Lets hope mort is savy enough to pic up nufc players and not sam allerdyce players .
    if he is , then i can see a few signings (mostly youth).
    i know newcastle have went for the stars in the past to appease the fans , and im not saying thats the way forward ,but i think ashley should put his hands in his deep pockets an buy a stuperstar playmaker , lets shoot for the stars with this poisition .
    funy to think we have emre there tho who is not geting a game , seen as turkeys best player and tabbed as a turkish maradonna , yet sits on our bench .

• Pi55 Off Sam

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Tom has a valid point that’s all Sam wants

• KevinHann

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:24 PM

You typed Own, did you mean Owen or Owl? 😛

• Nick C

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM

Pi55 off Sam, I could be wrong but I reckon you’re not exactly ambivalent when it comes to our present Manager??

• Pi55 Off Sam

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:39 PM

I love him Nick….. what gives you that idea? Ha!

Nick I supported him when people started turning on him, but i’m afraid he’s lost the majority of fans, the dressing room, and some of the staff.

I just don’t see us heading in a positive direction, he’s berrated the fans, told the players he bought they were second choice, he never blames his tactics, formations or where he chooses to play our players.

He’s very good at manipulating the media into printing pro sam material which as a newcastle fan watching my team play is not correct….. we’re inept quite honestly!

• Leo

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM

bit hungover ed? i think i have the worst hangover that i have ever had. not sure if its just me or there are a fair few typos mate.

all the best to everyone for the new year and all that bollocks haha

• jeremy9

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Is it possible to sign a young star at about 18 and bring him through our system and have our own Fabregas someday??

That is wishful thinking.

• shirts

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Happy New Year, all!

Would be nice if Sam’s New Year’s resolution was to play 4-4-2 attacking stuff. Anybody got a magic powder to make that happen, like this blog suggests? http://blogbovine.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-years-resolutions-you-should.html

So what are the chances he gives us this line-up tomorrow:

Given
    Beye, Taylor, Cacapa, Enrique
    Milner, Emre, Faye, N’Zogbia/Duff
    Owen/Martins, Viduka

Is it too much to ask? Emre, Duff & Enrique good passers, Viduka holding things up/creating for himself and/or Martins.

Is it just wishful thinking? Come on, Sam, give us a late Christmas gift and let the ribbon be 3 points from city tomorrow…

• Nick C

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:12 PM

POS – I, like you have some major concerns over Allardyce’s tenure, but I just don’t see that binning him now is the answer. I reckon we need to get to the Summer b4 we take stock of where we are. I would like to see him given til then at least….

• shirts

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Wasn’t there talk of trying to get Deco from Barcelona? We really need some creativity in the midfield–somebody who can play it on the ground, feed Duff, Zogs, Martins, etc.

What if Ronaldinho was available? Could we get him back to his winning ways?

I know. I’m hungover. It’s a ridiculous proposition.

• shirts

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:16 PM

• Pi55 Off Sam

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:19 PM

How far can Ronaldinho hoof a ball? How tall is he?

• shirts

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Will Ronaldinho cut his hair for the cause? Will he promise to stop smiling on the pitch?

• Nick C

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Which classy Bigg Market hostelry will be his favourite????
    Will he choose Netto or Aldi?
    If u want South American, we should nip down the A19 and get Arca. Good player, nice left peg, lives in NE3 and would also wind up the SMB’s.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM

‘I have lots of reservations about Big Fat Boring Sam, but we really need stability. 7 managers in 10 years is not a formula for success…’

shirts – neither is appointing the wrong manager i.e. Fat Sam Allarshite.

• Bill f

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Regardless of the players he has asked for I would really hope that Chris has known for some time who they are and negotations are well under way.

The tone of the article and Sams comments seem to imply otherwise. If this is the case then I really despair for the fate of our beloved team.

Leo, likewise went to a really great party last night and got home around 4am. Didn’t get up till 1pm. Just wish our players would show the same committment to playing as we do to partying.

Perhaps you had better find a quiet section of the ground tommorow if you are still feeling fragile, with some luck that could be the MC fans. Naah I’m kidding can’t see you doing that.

Again a Happy new year to all and a succesfull new year to the Toon.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 2, 2008 at 12:20 AM

sam, how bout a few masterstrokes: cheap but good: Leonid Kovel? doubt if any of you have heard of him but hes a pretty good striker and would be good back-up, hell of a shot on him, we could pick him up for less than 1 mil.

Would have also said Chikhaoui (but he is now discovered by most of europes top clubs).

I think we could do with a decet back up striker who would score goals.

Personally i think we need:
    Back-Up striker – Leonid Kovel – 800k
    Creative Midfielder – Andry Arshavin – 8 mil
    Young Full Back – Gianni Zuiverloon – 1.2 mil

10 mil, i expect thats roughly what sam will get.

we should then be set.

• shirts

Jan 2, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Aye, but the Rubicon has been crossed with Big Fat Boring Sam Allarshite leading the charge (such as it is) and I think we must allow Fat Fred’s fateful decision to play out on the pitch for the next few months (seasons?) before we can conclusively say whether Big Fat Boring Sam Allarshite will improve and evolve his methods or if the weight of Saint James Park’s crown will be too much for the corpulent obstructionist who presently sits on the throne.

Whew…

• Ashton

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:26 AM

Fat sam list :

Sheringham

Yorke

Speed

a Horse !!

Roque Junior

and Vinnie Jones

• Dragoner

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:44 AM

tom toon stop playin football manager, and make mature points, its just annoyin when you comment now

• Pi55 Off Sam

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:49 AM

Dragoner just beacause you don’t share his point of view doesn’t make him any less mature than you…….

• Dragoner

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM

it has nothing to do with the point that he makes, it is how he tries to get them across. In the most immature way possible. Here is an example.

1 Tom_Toon // Jan 1, 2008 at 19:36

My Transfer List (Sams):

Instead of saying all this waffle, why not simply say “sam will have handed Mort a transfer list full of big, strong players who lack technical ability”

I will tell you why, because he wants to impress the people on here reading with his “witty” comments. It is something i would expect at secondary school mate. Anyway, the only reason you agree with him is because you are much the same. Just look at your name “Pi55 off sam”. Says it all really. Both grow up and learn to communicate your points in a mature way, people are more likely to take notice.

night

• Tom_Toon

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:15 AM

‘Tom Toon also, states the same points everyday, no matter what the article, much like you. Its boring, and neither sam, mort or ashley are listening so dont waste your time with the childish “piss off sam” protests.’

Ahaha, Dragoner you nerd, you state the same points everyday, that you basically love sam allardyce and think he is gods gift, the best thing since sliced brea.

And its a banter site mate, id rather put it in a funny way than in politcally correct grammar like you, get a life son.

And as for your football manager quote, you know what i say about that, i know Kovel as Arsenal seem to be tracking him, yes, in real life! Can you believe it?!? I have much better football knowledge than you! 🙂

As for my ‘piss of sam’ protests i dont think sam is reading everytime you defend him, you quite clearly want to get into his anal cavity.

You say you think i write like i’m at secondary school, well im in 6th form studying for my A-Levels, yes Dragoner, qualifications, from your statements i actually thought you were like 14, so share the truth with us all, coming out the closet at 14, wooooo, quite young there boy, i dont think sam likes young ones, he into more buying the oldies and making them last longer, so your out of luck mate.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:38 AM

Nor would i consider comment 1 on this article at all witty.

• Ross

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:59 AM

howay lads lets leave the drama in hollyoaks shall we.
    both make valid points/have valid arguments at different times, its purely down to a difference of opinion!
    Bill f i agree. from the way sam talks about how he’s now seemingly just testing the water regarding names to mort, it doesnt look like we’re dead set on 3 or 4 players, in 3 or 4 positions, we need.
    a back up for rb, lb (seemingly, as enrique’s lost in the boots room or somethin) and a playmaker.
    please, please find a half decent playmaker.
    its annoying saying this aswell, as we have a perfectly good playmaker in emre on the bench most weeks. aaah the ups and downs of the toon eh.

• Ant

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:43 AM

If I see:
    Beye, Cacapa, Faye, Enrique
    Milner, Butt, Emre, N’Zogbia
    Viduka, Martins
    I will personally make my own site dedicated entirely to Sam and eat chewing gum i find in a bus stop!

• Nobby's dad

Jan 2, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Despite reservations regarding BSA to say he only wants hoofers is stupid. At Bolton he signed some great players – Jay Jay Ocotcha is IMO one of the most technically gifted player in Premiership history.

OK things haven”t gone well – but our net expenditure is 9.5 million and we’ve got decent value compared to the 50 million Souness spent. I also read lots of praise for SBR – but his early buys – Gavilan, Bassidas, Cort, Bramble for a total of 18 million were shocking and that’s before we add in Vianna. People seem to conveniently forget these facts!

• mark

Jan 2, 2008 at 8:58 AM

pi55 off sam – what gives you the idea that the backroom and players have turned on him??

Sundays News of the World perhaps? I always thought you were a bit of a pregnant fish but because you believe the papers, I can confirm you actually are one.

• Shaun

Jan 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Boyos! Buying foreign players and bringing them to the toon has not always been a disaster, Nobby Solano I’m sure we will all agree was a great success.

I feel that the problem we face now is that we just don’t know if BSA can buy Classy top 4 premier league players.

But this should not be that bigger problem for Mr Ashley, because seeing as he is a billionaire, couldn’t he give Big Sam 30 mil to spend in the transfer window (because lets be honest, what is 30 mil to a billionaire?).

If BSA buys good players that end up being a success then he is right for us, if he buys donkeys giraffes and horses, then we should make use of the donkeys only to kick his ass out. COME ON ASHLEY!!

• Bakerman

Jan 2, 2008 at 9:39 AM

I really do hope that Mort backs Sam when it comes to youngsters. The hope would be that if we get in enough youngsters (at discount prices) we could end up with more N’Zogbias and Taylors.

Although I don’t believe that Sam is the right manager to take us forward, I don’t see Mort/Ashley changing managers until there is somebody worthy to take his place. Further, from a business (financial & stability) pointo of view, it makes more sense to sit back for now and watch how things develop. They are certainly better businessman than the majority of the fans and certainly wouldn’t want to make any rash decisions. I personally think that Allardyce is an idiot who’s led us to the most furstrating style of play EVER!!! Playing players out of positionw will never work.

Yet, I’m sure that Mort/Ashley will let him continue. I just hope that they use this period to bring in lots of talented youngsters who can be bled in and form the future of our team.

• Pi55 Off Sam

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Mark, Allardyce himself has mentioned there’s a mole in the dressing room!

Infact there’s more than 1, so before you throw around childish insults think or investigate before you speak!

As for the point about Jay Jay, Sam only used him for long throws around the box…… Did you ever see him play for Bolton? That’s all he was utilised for. And as for being one of the most gifted players in the Premiership ever, not even in the top 10, maybe not even 20!

Sunday’s News of the World? What other day would the News of the World be published! Joker!

• Victa Meldru

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM

I don’t believe it!!!

A mole in the bloody dressing room, of course there is. What a stupid comment.

The dressing room has people in it, they talk to each other (sort of) and to people outside the dressing room including the press.

Of corse stuff gets out be bloody amazing if it didn’t.

What has any of that to do with what happens on the pitch. If the team are playing as they should be then it is bloody irrelevant.

For gods sake get your bloody act together Sam or I’ll be getting Jasper Carrot in to sort out your bloody moles.

I don’t believe it

• Rich

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I read today that Dean Ashton is unhappy at WestHam and supposedly Curbishley is not a fan bring the lad in then we could have:

Ashton/Viduka Martins/Owen

Id be happy with that

• big pea ov the weab

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM

ashtons ok but hes not wot we need right now we hav a donkey on the bench wee dont need anymore ass,s lookinto deco for a playmaker hes avalable n am sure chuck a good enuff deal his way n hel b sold

• micky the mole

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:49 AM

its true there is a mole and its me hahahahahaha al leak all big sams misshaps watch this space

• Nobby's dad

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Jay Jay was an awsome player, and yes I saw him on a number of occasions. Getting into a top ten / twenty means nothing. I say this because most supporters will nominate their own favorites from their team and any ‘top 10’ list is full of players from the top 4.

To prove my point, in discussions on ‘best Premier foreigner ever,’ I’ve never once heard Solano’s name – to me, value for money and skill wise he’d be in my top 5

• Leo

Jan 2, 2008 at 11:37 AM

well all of yesterday was spent in a dark room watching dvds, i watched series 1-4 of peep show, last episode is soo funny btw.

fraid i wnt b able to find a quiet part of the ground bill becoz i have family visiting, so i gave my seats up 4 them in the sports bar- quiet… and bought some seats up in the level 7- near the away fans

oh the joy

• scott 9

Jan 2, 2008 at 12:15 PM

i hope these names are on sams transfer list
    arshavin 7m
    park ji sung loan
    albelda 3m
    stienson 4m
    zigic 7m
    20m however we are more than likely not gonna have that to spend but my opinion is if u want qaulity players alot of the time u have to spend big and if u get it right there worth it