It’s Not Harry Redknapp for Newcastle

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has spoken out about reports linking him to the Newcastle United manager position.

Harry Redknapp – not coming to Newcastle United

As we had expected Harry would not be interested in the job, as he is very happy at Portsmouth where he has done a fabulous hob on the south coast.

Harry said this morning:

“I really do not know anything about this. I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle.” “When I saw Sam had left my immediate thoughts were that Alan Shearer was a certainty to take over.”

“There’s nothing in my being linked with the job. I had an offer not so long ago to take over at what I consider a massive club but I didn’t go.”

“I am happy down on the south coast.”

Wonder who the massive club was – Tottenham Hotspur perhaps?

We like Harry and he’s a very good manager and a real football man. He’s very like Bobby Robson, in that he has that personal charm about him. But we hardly expected Harry to close up shop to come up to Newcastle at his age. So Harry can be crossed off the list.

Wonder if it’s Mark Hughes of Blackburn?

• Tom_Toon

Jan 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM

thank fook, jus hope they confirm it isnt mcclaren.

• James

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Told you it wasn’t Redknapp that Ashley has been speaking to. Just media nonsense. Ignore the media.

• Edd Case

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Christ, Ed – we know this and don’t need another flippin’ topic…

It’s not going to be Mickey Quinn either, or Monkey’s Heed for that matter – but we don’t need a new topic about it…

(I’m only moaning because it causes an influx in traffic and we keep getting the ‘suspended’ screen)

• Toon Al

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM

the only man that will get everyone buzzing on tyneside is mourinho

if it is mourinho il wet myself

• Kash2

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Ed – keep the topics going. While we’re hot news you might as well pile up the hits.

Edd Case – If you don’t like it then Fook Off!

• James

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:04 AM

• Tom_Toon

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:05 AM

i jus came home from my A-Level Chemistry exam, and we aint got a manager! great!

• Kash2

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Hot off the press, my mate just texted me. He’s at Gatwick and claims he saw Chris Mort boarding a flight destined for Munich!

• Edd Case

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Toon Al – you’re exactly right.

I’d cream my pants if Jose took the job.

The only other manager I’d be excited about would be Lippi – only because he’s a huge name and a world class manager – but for me, it has to be Mourinho.

If it’s anyone else, and I mean the likes of Hughes, McClaren, Redknapp, Moyes and so on, I’ll be royally pee’d off.
    None of them have the profile to get us moving forward.

• Tom_Toon

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM

My mate just texted me and said his dog just drove a car.

• Edd Case

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Kash2 – suck my fat one, you daft knob jock

• Kash2

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Saying that, he’s a Spurs fan and we all know that Spurs fans are full of S**T!

• John

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Keep the coming Ed .

Mark Hughes or Jose Morinho ..If we dont get either one of those i’ll be gutted

• mick g

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I’ve heard Steve Bruce

• stk

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM

phew, didnt fancy swapping one crook for another!

• ObaFan2

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:25 AM

HORRRRRRRAY it’s not Redknapp. He’s finally going out in the betting too.

• GM

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Mick g / John – I hope ur taking the p’ with bruce and hughes, 2 average if best managers who are no better than BSA add to that McClueless
    The media are slagging the club off left right and center and all the other “supporters” from other clubs are having a pop at us as well, so i hope for gods sake that someone is lined up and they are a MASSIVE name in world football.

• Obafan

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Redknapp will not be our next manager ; he won’t leave Pompey, cause he is delivering very good work and at NUFC it will be very hard and the pressure will be huge on him. He is a clever man, so he will stay.

I’m begining to believe that there migth be a chance Jose steps into St. James (just a little believe 😉 ). But Lippi, Houllier or Hiddink would also be fantastic.

As long at it is not Hughes or McClaren than it is okay for me. Keegan would not be bad, but I’m not sure if he can repeat his fantastic run in the 90’s.

• yet_another_indian_toon

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM

This is turning out to be a potboiler…

Will the new manager be appointed today itself?
    If so, they must have lined him up before “parting ways” with BSA…

No another “laughing-stock” kinda candidate please!!!

• scott9

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM

o s*it its mark hughes i would have rather had rednapp

• Mick G

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:51 PM

GM I was taking the piss but I bet If Shepherd was still running the show you would have been frightened(regarding Bruce as manager)