If you don’t beleive one person can make a huge difference in this world, then just look at what happened to Newcastle United football club today.
Kevin Keegan – at the game tonight and the players responded
Kevin Keegan was appointed manager around about 5pm today and by some coincidence Newcastle gave their best attacking display of the season when they demolished Stoke 4-1 tonight in their 3rd rounbd replay at St. James’ Park. That was even though Newcastle were reduced to 10 men when Emre was sent off after 29 minutes, and Stoke got their goal very late after 89 minutes.
- The lads played very well and were a good yard quicker than Stoke City tonight, and it looked like a Premier side against a Championship side tonight.
- It was Stoke City’s first defeat in 13 games, so it’s not that Stoke City haven’t been playing well.
- All the players turned up tonight with renewed enthusiasm, and many players had very good games tonight including Charles N’Zogbia in central midfield and Michael Owen up front.
- Charles N’Zogbia played in central midfield and had a great game and was voted man of the match. Maybe this is his best position for Charles and we could have a diamond in the rough with the young French dynamo.
- Mike Ashley was sitting tonight between two of our former managers tonight – Sir Bobby Robson and new manager Kevin Keegan. It seems like the club are using Sir Bobby Robson’s huge knowledge of the game and Bobby was very positive on the appointment of Kevin today – but that’s because Bobby’s at the heartbeat of the Newcastle club, just like other supporters.
- You’ve got to believe that Ashley and Mort feel very very good tonight. Not only have we got through to the next round of the FA Cup but things are looking really good for the future and the Mike Ashley era really started today.
- With the players and the crowd inspired tonight, this was the perfect response we had hoped for – and it looked like it was what Stoke expected too. They were second best all night, in contrast to the first game.
- It’s good that Nigel Pearson was able to get the lads recovered from the Manchester United game and credit has to go to Nigel too.
- It was a great win tonight and will only water the mouths of the faithful Newcastle United supporters, some of which will not get much sleep tonight. Â Â 😀
It will be much harder this time around for Kevin, but he seems to already have got a response from his players, just by being present at the game tonight.
This is the new era that has started for Mike Ashley and Chris Mort – and they’ve chosen Kevin Keegan to ignite the team. into being successful.