Sky Sports – Newcastle Most Newsworthy Premier Team

Sky Sports have just reporting direct from Newcastle, just beside Grey’s Monument, and seem to be all over the news of Kevin Keegan’s sensational return to Newcastle (excuse the use of sensational – but it really is).

mike-ashley-8473.jpg

Mike Ashley – is as excited as any other avid Newcastle fan

Sky Sports news has been all over the news about Kevin Keegan, and of course reported on today’s press conference which was handled expertly by Kevin Keegan and Chairman Chris Mort. This press conference today will go a very long way to improving both Newcastle’s image and the Newcastle United name in the Football world.

Sky Sports said after their Newcastle report, which of course led their news, that Newcastle United were now the most newsworthy team in the Premiership – and were not even in the top four.  We’ll have to fix that.

And it seems Harry Redknapp has been doing his very best to tell anybody who will listen that Newcastle United are a fantastic club.

Harry was interviewed on the piece, and said Newcastle have fantastic fans, a fantastic new manager in Kevin Keegan, a great owner in Mike Ashley, and a wonderful chairman in Chris Mort. Quite a few adjectives used there by Harry.  You would even think Harry was trying to make sure he’s in the good books of the Newcastle club.   😀

But to be fair to Harry, he’s always been a good man, and he genuinely agonized over joining Newcastle, and we just think he feels better that the fans got the manager they really wanted – King Kevin.

Don’t be surprised if there is a renewed concentration on Newcastle United in the Premiership now, with Kevin back in charge. All we need is a decent win tomorrow, and things will be back on the right track.

But it’s not just Newcastle fans who seem to be excited about what’s happened this week at Newcastle United. We have had lots of messages from supporters of other clubs, wishing the club the very best, and to “stuff the Arsenal’s and Manchester United’s” of the Premiership League. Those are not our words but we know what they mean.

It’s has been an historic week for Newcastle United – and we MUST finish it off with a win tomorrow against Bolton.  While we don’t expect Kevin to replicate Bobby Robson’s home win of 8-0 against fellow strugglers at the time – Sheffield Wednesday – we’d be very very happy with 3 points and a few goals.   😀

• lull

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:31 PM

first comment? Sweet 🙂 Excited after watching Keegan’s interview. He sound full of confidence which a great thing too see.

• Ed Harrison

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM

lull – I can tell you I felt a lot more confident about our chances for the future after litsening to the great man – it’s a must for every Newcastle fan to watch.

• GM

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:45 PM

I cant wait to sit/stand/bounce up and down etc etc in my seat in the corner of the gallowgate end tomorrow night (its the only place in the world to be if your a geordie) and sing at the top of my voice for “One Kevin Keegan…One Kevin Keegan…” 🙂

Come on the toon 6-0 or is that one dream too many !

• tdt

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:46 PM

great 2 see and hear, this is the fresh start we’ve not had for years. time is on his side, unlike the others who have came n gone. i for one completely trust im to shoot us back to the top 3 or 4 where we belong 🙂 happy days

• Dragoner

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:48 PM

cant wait to see n’zogbia tear up their team

• t-g-w

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Ahhhh that 8-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday… One of the best moments of my life! Wasn’t it away though? Can’t remember it being at St James’?

• GM

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:57 PM

T-G-W – away ?? dont think so fella..unless i was halucintaing it is the highest ever prem home win cant have been that good a moment if you cant remember where it was played..

• valle

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:00 PM

it was at home… his first was chelsea away

• mark

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Toon Toon!

• nufctj

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM

what I would like to hear is what the Bolton players/coaches are saying. Ya think they are feeling a bit of trepidation heading into St. James’?

Maybe they can hire back BSA after we give them a good drubbing tomorrow.

• Johann

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Chris Waddle as an assistant? 😉
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSyZbZCArw Fantastic

• dylan2k7

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM

johann ive got the full dvd its called newcastle united 501 goals

• maggpie

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Just impulsively bought a ticket for tomorrow (not easy – nearly all gone) and a room on the Quayside and will embark on the 660 mile round trip with great excitement.
    Howay the lads!

• cooldj

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:48 PM

DOES ANYONE FEEL KK JUST DOESN’T QUITE LOOK RIGHT? MAYBE I’M BEING FUSSY BUT HE LOOKS A DAMAGED MAN! I HOPE I’M WRONG!!!

btw loved what he said though!

• Mick G

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:59 PM

I’m just worried by the amount of players unavailable that Bolton might upset the apple cart, but then again looking at who those players actually are(butt, Smith, Barton, Geremi etc) there is no need to worry at all.Sorry this posting seems pointless.

• cooldj

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM

who will play cm tomorrow:

surely n’zog

but who else?

my guess would be rozenhal

with 4 defenders being

enrique——cacapa—taylor—-rozenhal

what about lua lua though or troisi??

• Jacob

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:29 PM

cooldj – he looks like a 56 year old to me – the glint was in his eye during the press conference and the way he had the reporters eating out of his hand was magic – the KK of old…Fantastic! I agree with Ed – I feel a lot more confident after listening to him this afternoon.
    By the way – my mate reckons he’s just seen Berbatov at Newcastle Airport…I didn’t believe him, and told him so, but he swore on his kids’ lives that he was telling the truth!! Whether It’s bullsh**, mistaken identity or coincidence, it certainly got me thinking…Wasn’t it once reported that the Bulgarian was an avid NUFC supporter who would sleep in his Shearer shirt??
    I’m finally starting to believe again and more importantly think BIG. Thank you Kevin – Long Live the King!

• James

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM

cooldj – so rozenhal is playing in 2 places at once?

i can’t see keegan picking 5 defenders tomorrow.

he might change the system to accomodate the lack of midfielders. something like :

Given
    Carr Taylor Cacapa Enrique
    Milner Nzogbia Duff
    Viduka Owen Carroll

• kagthemag

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM

the midfield worries me. . .
    zog is a little light weight against sams legacy of kickers. not sure how Doninger would fair? but i’d go for maybe rozenthal or taylor. up front has to be owen n vid. duff n milner on the wings.

• Ashton

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM

@ Jacob

You are shiting us.

hey ED! we signed with kadar ! so put something dude !

• Jacob

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Ashton – I shit you not!!

• The black in the blacknwhite

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:51 PM

THE MIGHTY MOUSE SEASON HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• UTD111

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:51 PM

If anybody missed the full press conference – I’ve put it on my You Tube channel – just click the UTD111 above or use the link http://www.youtube.com/utd111 – I’ve had to split it into 4 files because of the limits YT put on uploads but its all there – its also on Sky again at 9.30 tonight.
    Cheers – Mick

• The black in the blacknwhite

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:53 PM

ALL I KNOW FELLAS IS THAT THE CROWD TOMORROW IS GONNA BE SO GREAT THE ME HERE STUCK IN POXY LONDON MAY HAVE TO CRY

the emotional charge of tomorow might be to much for this Toon soldier

i wuld hate to predict tomoro- but i think momentum will sweep us as past Megsons men!

• Bottlodog

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Guys – I.ve gone thru life,glass half empty, allways looking on the black side – cos that way you’re never disappointed.
    But tomorrow – we can’t fail – the script is written – victory is ours – no doubt about it
    The man was fantastic on Tv today
    But, Feck me!, Sky sports news are just about hysterical over this ! Not a big club?! just watch every news bulletin – national or otherwise – we ARE the news
    Roll on tomorra

• Bottlodog

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Don’t cry blacknwhite, you’ll be there in spirit

• Bottlodog

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:12 PM

I see Gulitt is having a moan

My expectations are realistic, as I suspect are those of most right thinking Geordies.
    Let us enjoy tomorrow, you miserable get, and then a top half finish an’ i’ll be happy

• The black in the blacknwhite

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:15 PM

thanks dog,
    il be there
    mind (not body), heart and soul and i will sing too

• ObaFan2

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Still on cluod 9 tbh and the Mrs is gettin the hump 2 LOL but I don’t care we have Keegan.

Kinda sick of listening to the doubters and whiners on tv and radio (just been listening to radio 5 live about the Toon), suppose it’s fair enough for people not to understand the North East and especially Newcastle fan’s but any Toon fans who think it’s a bad idea quit supporting the Toon cos u don’t understand the club !

This is a fantastic time for Newcastle, Keegan looks and sounds full of life and he genuinely seems so happy to be back and have the full support of both MA and CM.

“he’ll walk” I keep getting told but imo he like’s the fact one man is in charge of the club, he operates much better and I think our expectations are to be entertained, anything else is a bonus.

So let the non-believers believe what they want, we have already had our dreams made a reality and above all enjoy every second because the next 3 and a half seasons will go in a flash.

• ObaFan2

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Dog, ur glass is half empty cos of what ur drinking mate ha haha, funny the Mrs’s bottles are nearly always empty 🙂 (her fav drink)

• Bottlodog

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:29 PM

y’knaa what!? I’m sick of this “he’ll walk” Crap!
    He left the last time ‘cos of the greed of the halls and the shepherds – they changed the ethos of the club fundementally by going public – and KK wasn’t happy – a man of principle
    He left Fulham with Al – Fayeds’ blessing
    He left England ‘cos he felt he wasn’t up to the job – no golden handshake – a man of principle
    He left Man City ‘cos he was fed up withfootball
    – no golden hanshake – principles intact.
    He’ll not walk again – unless we push him – the onus is very much on us

• Bottlodog

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Funny you should say that Oba – I’m halfway thru a bottle now – and it appears to be half FULL
    Amazing what special K can do LOL

• ObaFan2

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Can’t agree more Dog, ignorant to say he’ll walk as they are obviously unaware of what happened in the background. He is very proud and stands by his principles, something I’ve had to do in the past too.

KK said today he was a little envious when he’d seen new managers appointed here, well I was jealous as sin when he joined Man City and Fulham.

• cooldj

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM

re james 18

meant carr at RB!!!!

• cooldj

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:44 PM

re james 18

meant carr at RB!!!!

• cooldj

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM

lol wheres the duplicate comment warning sign!

• Nick C

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM

I was at Stamford Bridge for Bobbys 1st match. Poll gave them a more than dodgy pen and we lost 1-0.
    Tomorrow, i will be in G111 in the East Stand (my usual seat) and like all you other lovely people I cannot wait after watching KK’s press conference.
    COME ON!!!

• Nick C

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:47 PM

I reckon he should play Rozehnal in MF tomorrow btw

• Leo*

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM

my team for tomorrow will be

given
    carr cacapa taylor enrique
    milner lualua nzogbia duff
    owen viduka/carroll

where did the story that we have signed deco come from? anyone know if they have been mooted yet?

• UTD111

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM

@Obafan2 – totally agree with what you say above – and people need to remember Kev is now much more experienced, both in football management and in life. And if he brings in Sir Alan as his “buffer” – Al will use his media experience to sort out the press, tv and radio pratts (and Ferguson!) lol