Time Runs Out For Newcastle Kalouda Deal


Newcastle have tonight failed to bring 20 year-old Czech attacking midfielder Lubos Kalouda to Newcastle, as time has run out on doing the deal.

lubos-kalouda-626485.jpg

Lubos Kalouda – deal couldn’t be completed in time

As we had reported earlier this week, Newcastle had opened talks with his club FC Brno but Kalouda had previously been closely scouted by Juventus, who couldn’t close the deal.

But tonight Brno’s major shareholder Roman Pros has said that although Newcastle were still trying to make the deal – it has fallen through – as he told CTK.:

“We were unable to realize the whole transfer in such a short time,” “Both in the business point of view, the medical and the agreement of agents it was not possible with the transfer window closing at midnight.

“Neither of the clubs was able to meet our requirements, that is why Lubos remains in Brno.” “We did not want to make any rash steps. By that, everything returns to the beginning”

“Lubos will miss nothing, during the spring he will be certainly scouted not only by Juventus and Newcastle.” “It is good that he can now focus only on football.”

With Newcastle’s new recruitment team in place, it remains to be seen if Newcastle can get the player in for the summer – and we see no reason why negotiations shouldn’t continue, even now.

Newcastle can always sign a pre-contract agreement to have the deal completed in June, if they can fulfill the requirements placed on their player, by Brno.

We’d like to see deals made by Newcastle, even before the summer transfer window opens. January has been a vast disappointment to Newcastle fans, who expected more, especially after Kevin Keegan returned to the club.

Newcastle have failed to strengthen their squad at all, by bringing in any new senior players in January. On the bright side, we have signed 4 excellent youngsters for the future, in Tozer, Boeteng, Kadar and today, the 17 year-old Italian striker, 6’3″ Fabio Zamblera.   But the present has to be the highest priority – surely.

Comments welcome.


25 comments so far

  • AlexW

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM

    Comment #1

    big hairy sweaty bollocks

    0
  • Black and White Blood

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM

    Comment #2

    Already been confirmed that this one is planned for summer!!!

    0
  • Hammy

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM

    Comment #3

    Hey Ed,
    We were going for the record blog on the previous article……..

    0
  • toon tweet

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

    Comment #4

    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

    0
  • Ian B

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:50 PM

    Comment #5

    Sounds very much like Brno will be holding out for bigger offer before summer.

    Ian

    0
  • Beerbandit

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:50 PM

    Comment #6

    Sounds like the only addition we’re likly to get now is a fat Argentinian coke-head midget on the coaching team. Pissed right off 🙁

    0
  • Dragoner

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:51 PM

    Comment #7

    Wesley Ngo Baheng Ed, not Boateng, thats Spurs and Smogs

    0
  • Ausgeordie

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:52 PM

    Comment #8

    They will be some more movement before the window closes it seems no matter who the manager is thats what we do. We could do with a Sibierski type to come in and get some goals. I’d like to Carroll get a start against borough

    0
  • steve c

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:53 PM

    Comment #9

    Ed this site is going to rat shit.
    Boring and just regurgitating all the crap on news now.
    Christ sake buck up or retire again

    0
  • I Shy Ty

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:54 PM

    Comment #10

    It’s “Yon cassius has a hungry look” not “What’s that skinny c**t looking at?”

    Come on we can get the record in the next hour

    0
  • JP from The Rock of Gibraltar

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM

    Comment #11

    I am hugely disappointed. I like most Newcastle fans expected good signings to be made. It hurts me to know that this has again been another dreadful season. I also agree with you Ed, why should we wait until summer for our transfer activity. By waiting we are only inviting more pressure on us. Like you say lets push the deal NOW and make the player sign a pre-contract and he is ours once the transfer window re-opens. Lets not waste any time as we can’t afford to at the rate we’re going down the table.

    0
  • carl

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:57 PM

    Comment #12

    i will also be very disapointed if we dont get anyone in.what a waste

    0
  • steve c

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:57 PM

    Comment #13

    I SHY TY F**K OFF SOME WHERE ELSE YOU IDIOTIC MORON

    0
  • scott9

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:58 PM

    Comment #14

    ha ha ha record blod how many f*cking comments about 350 its getting silly

    0
  • bazza

    Jan 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM

    Comment #15

    sky sports news thinks we have a signing lined up!! i wonder if its john barnes

    0
  • Nobby's dad

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

    Comment #16

    Peter Crouch??

    0
  • ToonKing

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

    Comment #17

    come on Ed, no more threads today, we have to hit the 1000 posts mark in an hour on the other thread!!!!!!

    NOBODY WRITE HERE !!! 😉

    0
  • I Shy Ty

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

    Comment #18

    Steve C: Any time. I live in toon Where you? Let’s get organised.

    0
  • Prawn Sandwich Brigadier

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:09 PM

    Comment #19

    I Shy Ty. Calm down old boy. Just because youve run out of Guinness….

    0
  • I Shy Ty

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:11 PM

    Comment #20

    Point taken Prawn blokey. It’s just I hate bullies. Apols 🙂

    0
  • toonhitman

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:28 PM

    Comment #21

    kevin keagan will sink the toon,lets rozehnal go out on loan and dosnt get a replacement,we need players in we will be fighting the mackems for 17 spot this season.

    0
  • daiv

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:39 PM

    Comment #22

    Anybody think we might get relegated

    0
  • Dragoner

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:46 PM

    Comment #23

    another disappointment

    0
  • micknufc

    Jan 31, 2008 at 11:59 PM

    Comment #24

    no,we wont but it’s looking grim.there’s worse teams than us,but the bloke needs more than a couple of weeks man!
    not being funny here,but how many posters on this site,went to games pre 1992 ?
    not blaming the young’ns for being young,but my god you would think we were a club that’s used to winning stuff!
    howay everybody,let these blokes get the club sorted.
    or who fancies the seymours, & mckeags ?

    0
  • belfast toon

    Feb 1, 2008 at 12:21 AM

    Comment #25

    f**ks sake I hope the 1st team has a better atitude than yous doom merchants crying like little girls kk knows more about football than all of us. Have a bit of faith

    0

You must log in to post a comment.