Keegan Meets Recruitment Team – All Is Well

Keegan met with the new Newcastle recruitment team yesterday and seemed to be happy at the outcome.

kevin-keegan-2229.jpg

Kevin Keegan – good meeting with the new recruitment team

The four of them reviewed the Youth Structure at the club and Kevin also again denied being surprised by the news of the appointments, contrary to reports earlier in the week. We’ll see if any of the journalists choose to listen to that statement, since it does mean the Newcastle club knows what they are doing – not good news for the gossip journalists.

Keegan told Sky Sports today:

“It was a very good meeting, as I told you before, although it shocked a lot of people the announcement; I knew what was coming,” “I was fully informed and completely in favor of it. At the meeting we had on Thursday we just talked about everything.”

“The three guys who came in, Tony Jimenez, Jeff [Vetere] and Dennis Wise have got to learn about this club as well and they went over to the academy to look at that.”

“We talked about young players coming in and that will be the main thing that’s already started to some degree but it’s something that needed to be put in place at this football club.”

“So nobody from outside and certainly the fans, should look at it as anything but a good thing.”

We think these four, along with our young chairman Chris Mort have the opportunity to make Newcastle great again, and let’s not let the media get us down about Newcastle’s future.

If we don’t make it big again, it will not be because of lack of funds, ambition, or not having really good people at the club, running the day to day operations.

Not to mention having the best fans of any club around, real fans that is, who follow the club through thick and thin. Not those who only support teams who are top or near the top of the league.   😀

• theartistformelryknownascooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM

wall virginity

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM

still no moderation on my new name…see it looks like i’ve got the first post but i haven;t. you’ll see. you’ll all see.

• ToonUSA

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM

In light of whats going on (everyone here can hold me to this later) I am willing to wait until the 2010/11 season to expect anyting big. The people who are running the club have realized that you can’t keep patching up the team and expect it to become a world beater. I like the way they think and tip my hat off to em.

All there is to do is support my team with the least of expectations and enjoy the ride till 2010

LETS GO THE TOON

• ObaFan2

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:06 PM

A chance at stability and some time to do it.

Keep the Faith.

• Savic Vladimir

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Ed,
    Remove Rozehnal picture from banner!

• lee

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:20 PM

hopefully

• Zx

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Rozenhal is on loan to Lazio. Still a player of NUFC, no reason to remove him yet.

• Leo*

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM

i just hope down the line there is no conflict, because it could happen with so many different people doing a similar job, but with good management i believe that it will all come good, next transfer window more of the same youngsters maybe more of them, but certainly a couple 1st teamers, which i am sure will happen

• ronaldeano

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Very well said ED, well done mate.

• Whumpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Dennis Wise drinks in my local, and I’ll be there in a couple of hours. Personally I think the press have been bloody awful to him with no basis for what they’re saying. I’ve a feeling he and the other two newbies will work out just fine. If I see the man (and he’s not one to shun a good word from joe public) I’ll be raising a glass to him. He’s clever, experienced, knows football inside-out, he’s hard-working and hard as nails – just what we need on our board.

And while I’m typing blurblage: has anyone noticed that we’ve actually signed three potentially fantastic young-uns at silly-low prices? Not something I can remember before in a January window. These are exciting times, and like ToonUSA I think in a couple of years we’ll be right back up there.

• the artist formerly known as cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM

testing moderation

• Warwick Hunt

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Evening all, everyone Ok after last nights disappointment? I wasn’t really expecting any big name signings but I lived in hope.
    Seems to me that the club have realised that you can’t just keep paying out loads of cash for already established players, we needed too scour the world for young talent and it seems that what they have been doing. I believe we have brought in five young players this transfer window although I don’t know how good they really are, only time will tell. Bringing in people on the board too ensure this continues only makes perfect sense to me. I must admit I was very suprised it was Denis Wise, but he has done a very good job at Leeds and a lot of people seem to have a lot of repect for his football knowledge. Don’t think any of them would be foolish enough to try and oust King Kev, they know what he means too the Toon Army.

• nufctj

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:49 PM

Keegan and the Famous Three!

lol

Thinks me is going to start a rock band using that name.

But I 1000% agree with ToonUSA, no more patch jobs! Let’s build this into a sustainable trophy winning machine!

howay the lads!

NUFC 4 Boro 0

• The black in the blacknwhite

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:49 PM

who are the three??? i know one??

• Graham

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Well said ToonUSA – if only every supporter was as realistic…

As far as Keegan & Co. are concerned, i hope that it shuts the national press up about him not knowing anything about wise etc etc etc…….. but i doubt it

• Graham

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:03 PM

• Paul James

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:05 PM

I’m excited about the long term future of our club for the first time in 43years as a supporter.
    If we want the club to get back among the elite, we need to invest in young world talent. Get them into the club on long contracts, this way they will learn what NUFC is all about. If the investment is put into the first eleven as well, and they are successful. The youngsters can be gradually inrtoduced into a winning formula in the way Wenger and Ferguson have done it. This would ensure that these youngsters enter the fray with confidence, and are not put under the pressure that Taylor, N’Zogbia, Milner and Enrique have lately. This has got to be the way forward, and everybody needs to understand this. That includes the gutter press who have, and always are so critical of our fantastic unique club.
    Lets face it, we love this club more than life. Can you imagine what it would be like to be able to compete at the top level season after season. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• piman

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:07 PM

It’s all good stuff guy’s!

And I should hope that the scouting team is scouring the local geordie youth for talent as well. I bet there are some amazing talents out there just waiting to be plucked.

defo keep the faith!

• tommyy

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Is there any snow up north?

• Paul James

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Apparently there are 100 people stuck on the A66. I think its due to snow. But as the A66 goes through Smogville it may be due to some chemical fallout

• Lasse R

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM

About the banner: Why is Beye and Faye missing?! And where is Duffie? All three first team regulars…

• Tom Cairns

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:01 PM

This is slightly off topic but the more i think about it the more i think we have a really good squad! They just havent been available all at the same time. I wait in anticipation to see KK’s first team midfield….please god let it not involve Smith and Butt together! I have faith! would love to see in centre Barton and Emre (if he can pull his finger out and deliver consistently what we know he can!).

• Tom Cairns

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:03 PM

if not emre geremi is bettter than what we have seen of him and so hopefully can refind that

• Penalty-Spot

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:06 PM

The thing that gets me about ‘the media’ is that people believe it. Even a certain percentage of Toon Fans believe it, as we know from this Blog. Hell in the past I’ve had weaker moments and believed it too. WHY? Who knows? nufc.com ran an article today getting at the press. I liked it though it maybe went a bit far?

Like Taylor said today, the season starts today. Forget the f’in media, lets back the team to win on Sunday and keep cheering em to the end of the season and beyond.

The team and club need us and we can help make it all work.

Get positive people. Come on!

• bottlodog

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Aye tommy loadsa the white stuff
    But once again, don’t believe all the hysterics you see in the media.
    I’ve been up and down the A68 today and it’s ok.
    The BBC whip up all the southerners living up here- including ‘wor lass’ until they’re sh*t scared and won’t
    leave the house!
    JUST GET ON WITH IT – IT’S ONLY FROZEN WATER – there that’s better

Anyway – totally agree ToonUSA – ignore all the negative crap – don’t read the national rags – avoid sky sports.
    We’re re-building a football club here!
    99.9% of folk in these parts understand that and totally relaxed about it. That’s the truth regardless of what you read elsewhere.
    The rest of this season will be tough – tho’ it’ll be less grim than with FSA in charge
    Roll on next season – hope springs eternal!!
    KEEP THE FAITH

• Penalty-Spot

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Toon USA: Yep.

• the artist formerly known as cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:32 PM

MODERATION TEST

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:32 PM

CANT SEEM TO GET THROUGH MODERATION AT THE MO.

• petworth magpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:44 PM

well said everyone, patience, realism and optimism will go along way.

Ed, can we get a game preview blog up so the speculating and trash talking can begin?

• petworth magpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Can anyone confirm that customs wont let Geremi back in the country?

• nufctj

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:51 PM

check out the lead entry on http://www.nufc.com

I think this article says it all! and what a fine pic!

• the artist formerly known as cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:31 PM

everythings gone rather quiet. it’s friday night lads – what could be possibly have to do which is better than this??!!

• CJ

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM

I just heard the tail backs in Durham is Southgate’s just sneezed and loads of white shit come out of his big 8 inch sneck.

• CJ

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:13 PM

I have a solution to are problem of being pissed off about transfer speculation we should shoot Alan Oliver with a big pile of cow shit he is used of shit he used to lick Allardyce’s ass clean.

• Hammy

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Hi Boys,
    Owt happening???

• Hammy

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Where you from then CJ?

• CJ

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Hammy- Fenham

• Warwick Hunt

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Hammy.
    Thawed out from sitting outside SJP last night yet?

• Hammy

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Sure have, back in sunny Seahouses now, just opened a bottle of red…..

• Warwick Hunt

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Good to here it, I’m on the Rose.