New Signings Zamblera and Soderberg Interviewed

It turns out that Newcastle United signed two players yesterday, as they completed the signings of Italian striker Fabio Zamblera and Swedish goalkeeper Oli Soderberg.

fabio-and-swede.gif

Fabio Zamblera and Oli Soderberg – two 17 year-old captures

We had reported the signing of Soderberg a couple of days ago, but today is the first time Newcastle have acknowledged that signing so in fact we brought in 5 youngsters in January – if only the Premier league was for 18 year olds and under. 😀

The pair, who are both 17 years old, have both signed four-and-a-half-year deals at Newcastle United, which keeps them at the club until the summer of 2012, and it looks like we have made a great start to our recruitment of young stars to Newcastle.

Sweden under-17 international Soderberg joins from BK Haken. Since Fabio is 6’3″ it looks like Oli is around 6’5″ from the photograph above, and probably still growing. Oli spoke to nufc.co.uk after completing his move.

“I am really looking forward to signing for Newcastle and the challenge that lies ahead.

“There are lots of great players at this club and I hope that I can learn from the likes of Shay Given.”

Italian under-18 star Fabio Zamblera of course signed from Atalanta, as we reported last night, and he told nufc.co.uk today:

“Newcastle is a very big club and it has a very impressive stadium.”

“There are lots of very good strikers at this club and I know there are famous names such as Michael Owen and Mark Viduka.”

“I can also remember Oba Martins and Emre from when they played in Italy.”

The 5 young players we have signed in January are Ben Tozer (England), Wesely Baheng (France), Tamas Kadar (Hungary), Fabio Zamblera (italy) and Oli Soderberg (Sweden).

A great start to our youth drive and from 5 different countries. We now need to at least replicate this in the summer for senior players – and we’ll be in great shape.

• smells like ghoti

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Wehey 1st…oh my God I’ve left the chip pan on!

• Kash2

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:16 AM

More youngsters are needed. Hopefully we’ll replicate our efforts up till now in the summer too.

I agree from your previous post that we need at least 5 top players to slot stright into the first team.

• Cam_Toon

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:16 AM

I am not too dissapointed about our lack of first team activity.

We will stay up.. we wont get into Eu, but we will build for the years ahead.

• Ben

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Foundations are being laid for a very bright future!

• Jamie

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Finally tall players!!! with time to grow!! we need a bigger side – period!

• sirjasontoon

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Well I can see these two are going to set the premiership alight…in about 8 years time maybe.

We shoud be doing what Harry does buy seasoned pro’s that want to play football then add youth…it’s pointless adding youth to a shit team as they will just pick up bad habits ie losing often.

I would swop owen,ameobi,carr,duff for one defoe..instead we by some pre pube foreign players and we are languishing just above the drop zone.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Hadrian

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:22 AM

ED
    the offical site has an interview up with dennis wise , any chance you could write down what he says in a blog post ? never seen any value for money giving my cash to that site .

• broon ale

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:23 AM

wow. look at the snow outside, Good job the game is not at the riverside this Sunday or it would be called off by now!!! Can you’s remember that!! when we were supposed to play boro while we were in the hunt for the title. they had a few players missing so they got the game called off due to snow, in the rearranged game when we were down to the bare bones we ended up getting beat!

• lee

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:27 AM

i just hope these youngstars are good more are needed why arent htere any of the youngstars in midfield

• clinton martis

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:56 AM

our club has always been referred to as the “quick” fix guys or short term results guys and whtever crap the media writes about us, whicn infact is true and has led to our downfall. But we are stepping in the right direction, ashley and mort are running our club like a professional organization, laying down structures from which we can only build upon……getting all excited for the 2009-10 season….cause tht will be the season….the toon raise to the occasion…..this season we cant except more than a mid table finish…..so it gonna be really hard to get great talent in the summer …….

• jimmer

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:09 PM

promising

• Swedish Magpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Ole Söderberg it is……… 😉

• Dragoner

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:23 PM

sirjasontoon

“it’s pointless adding youth to a shit team as they will just pick up bad habits i.e losing often.”

lol

• Bill F

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM

I thought we already had two promising young GK’s in Krul and Forster. I’m not against competition for places but they may all struggle to get regular games. (Too many??)

Just possible that we might be saying it was a good thing we kept Carr and Ameobi if there are lots of Winter injuries. Yet again The Last Chance Salloon doors swing open.

And finally Well done Graham, unless someone else has been there. Nearly tagged this at the end but thought that would not be nice as I didn’t spend all night on it. 🙂

• milner fan

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:26 PM

lol, did think losing was a habit, more of a problem lol. I think its a good policy to bring in youth. LUA LUA n caroll are slowing being put into the 1st team, i think they can be on the bench next season and used alot more. Same with these young lads coming thru.

• ToonKing

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Forster is pretty average tbh.

• Bill F

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Broon ale, it’s fine and sunny down here in Essex at the Mo. I do not miss the Geordie winters although I do miss Geordieland.

My dad was a miner and I remember waiting for our coal to be delivered so we could have fire, we used to stick all sorts of stuff on the fire to keep it going. Ahh the good old days, I do not miss them. And whilst I am reminiscing and following up on a comment someone said earlier in the week. I used to play footy out the the street pretty well all day, we used to use two neighbours doors as goals. Suppose it may have been different if we had had X Boxes though.

• davey

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM

is any one on this forum over the age of 13. i doubt it from the comments.get ya red and white tops on and p*#s off.

• toon boy tint

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM

i feel tht these players will be 1s 4 the future
    (stating the obvious)
    but we need 1st team players n realistic target like barnes
    he would be a gd signing
    ……….n maybe kaka if he can get in the 1st team, would be a challange 4 him, or maybe we dnt need him:D:D

• toon kid

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:50 PM

barnes!!!

• Bet Blogger

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:53 PM

I can’t help but think that bringing in some experienced pros rather than a couple of (obviously talented but far too young) kids would have been a much better option for the club. It’s plainly obvious that first-team reinforcements are badly needed and they should have been concentrating on that rather than players for the future – that could have waited till the summer in my opinion as this first team squad is going to let us down over the rest of the season unfortunately.

• Chicken

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM

What is so fking special about being the first to post on a thread?

Especially when all you write is “wahey 1st post” or “get in – wall virginity”?

Grow up and get a life, and unless you’ve got anything interesting to say – don’t say anything at all.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Dont think you should have said that at all Chicken, it wasnt interesting.

• Cockney Magpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:16 PM

jesus christ people goin on about people bein immature u sound like a load of old grannys! u the ones that need to get a life takin ur time to complain about people avin a larf! this site has no place for real life victor meldrews im a afraid so do one!

• Cockney Magpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:17 PM

u ite Tom_toon how ya doin? iv moved to Peterborough now but i think its bad luck because NUFC aint scored a goal since i been here lol!

• Cockney Magpie

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM

theres a good few words from dennis wise on the official site just really explained what he is there to do. its a good read

• ChrisL

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM

• Tom_Toon

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM

yer not bad you? how you settling? p’boro are doing crap in the league now, its all your fault!

• Chicken

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM

should you not be on facebook or something CM you sad cockineye Tw@t!

• arctoa

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:56 PM

We’ve a right odious character here. I’ve noticed the atmosphere of this place has gotten a whole lot more hostile as more people leave their comments. I think I preferred it when there was about twenty of us leaving comments, hahah. I don’t bother most of the time now.

Anyway.

I’m unimpressed at our lack of movement for first team players this transfer window, but I am more than happy to see talented youngsters coming through the door for nominal fees. I’d have thought we should be bringing midfielders in, all the same. I wonder what these defensive transfers means for David Edgar? He seems to be the forgotten man after some impressive performances when he was thrown into the first team.

• Chicken

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:12 PM

arctoa – I’ve been here since the beginning thanks very much, and I have to say can’t ever remember seeing your name.

I was actually passing comment on the morons who think its funny to just come on here and write any old crap at the top of a thread – just so they can be the first.

They’re the only ones I am odious towards – this is after all supposed to be a blog about NUFC – not a social networking site for teenage toon fans with the collective IQ of a Greggs pasty.

• Leo*

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM

boy am i hungover, anyone have any good reliable information of soderberg and zamblera? its great that the players we have brought in are not 5inches tall…

• Tod_MKD

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Where is Danny Szetela??? He is in Brescia! I heard that 5 months ago we sing a pre-contract with him! Okey singings are good for the future and we have to take a look at them! We need all of the to start play in first team this season. First of all Andy Caroll deserve it!

• keltik

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Billy Wingrove. what a legend.

Seriously, if we signed him we could kick off and then just flick the ball to him and he could just dance all the way through a team and just walk the ball into the net.

sign him Keegan!

• keltik

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM

theirs is our new entertainers!! all 5 of them would transform NUFC completely!

• evildick

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:26 PM

did someone say greggs pasty! man i miss them. if only they would start up in australia.

i’m not worried about the lack of signings. it beats having some hasbeen paraded around for us.

the summer will be much better. now we just need to get some points, starting against the smoggies.

• paul

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:17 PM

leo
    Sour grapes here but I am seriously pissed. I originally posted that the Italian was Fabio, a day before and gave it to this site and Ed. Only for Ed to claim for himself and not ackknowledge-disrespectful. Even a prompt to him was unanswered- lap it up Ed. It was your only lead,you will here it in a Daily next time. Never mind lets lift the roof on Sunday and don’t get on the boys backs-support till the 90th-PLEASE.

• Leo*

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:42 PM

yep i acknowledged you put a comment up about him before anyone else that i read, and i dont think it was in the papers anywherem so i raise my glass and tip my hat mate. they anygood though?

i will be there singing as per usual with ppl around me going to the bar and sitting with faces like slaped arses

• paul

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:05 PM

leo

Got some Italian mates that say he is good without being outstanding. That he is supremely fit and they think he will adapt to the English game better than most. He was born in Australia-hopefully a new Christian Vieri (maybe not). He is immensely strong and was very well thought of on his fitness assessment(apparently).
    Yes I know the faces put you in a bad mood before the game,ooh I have a bad feeling today they’ll say. Well pi– off and take your kids to silverlink. Enjoy the day its nice to know that there are still some non-harbingers of doom about.Cheers.