Steven Taylor – Geordie Pride in Action

Steven Taylor is an important player for Newcastle this season, and from now on, since he represents the Geordie pride we badly need to see from the side – starting on Sunday.

steven-taylor-124.jpg

Steven Taylor – Geordie Pride for all to see

Steven told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle today:

“The players have so much respect for Kevin Keegan.” “He is a legend here at Newcastle. He gets the players going in the dressing room and gives you something extra.”

“We know as players we’ll have to work hard too, but if we can get that first win it could be the start of something.” “If we stick together we will move up the table.”

“With Kevin back we’ve got a great chance.” “We have to look forward to Boro – our season starts now.” “We have a few things to work on, but we’ll be ready.”

That’s a great way to think about things – that the season starts now, and we should see how many points we can pick up in our last 14 games. Hopefully we’ll start to look a more than decent side by the end of the season, and Kevin has then promised to bring in some good new players during the summer.

Taylor is refusing to rule anything out in terms of qualifying for Europe:

“There is a long way to go, make no mistake about that.” “We need to put points on the board, beginning against Middlesbrough.”

“It’s a home game and a massive chance to do well.” “The atmosphere at St James’ was fantastic against Bolton and against Stoke.”

“The fans have been brilliant at The Emirates twice in the last few days even though we lost both 3-0. Now we want to pay them back with a win.”

We really need to win on Sunday and we want to see the lads coming out and enjoying their football. Hey what a concept – but that’s what winning teams do.

• Penalty-Spot

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I remember that celebration (photo) 🙂

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:41 PM

this is already on another article but it’s just gone on that and now this one is newer so more people will go to this one and it’s very important:

==================================================

I hate long comments.

I’ve been mulling this over for a few days and keenly observing the nature of some of the comments posted at various times and by various people and i have come to the conclusion that long, stretched out opinions are particularly anti-social for a number of reasons. There is the obvious one that they take up more room than shorter ones-which only leads to me having to put in more effort to scroll down to the bottom of the page to post my comment. On top of this i find myself getting down for the simple reason that the typers of the long comments have nothing better to do than to type long comments. In additon to this i also find that reading the long comments requires a huge amount of focus and silence and often i feel dizzy after reading them. they are seldom funny, rarely accurate and hardly ever gramatically correct. It may just a way for people to vent their frustrations and air their views but more often than not they could have used half the words that they actually have if they’d only put more thought and plan into their message rather than just typing out the first thing that comes to their head. They then expect us to read all that and cypher through the needless stuff. But that’s not all, another reason why i hate them is because hardly ever lead to and intelligent debate because no-onelse reads them and so in fact they just sit there like an unwanted comment, rotting away and being ignored. If people only used shorter comments we could all get along much better. I’m sure you’d all agree if you’d actually read this!!

wise words from cooldj.
    done.

• milner fan

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Hopefully NUFC can get steven Taylor tied down on a long contract. Hes a fantasic player and within a few season i think we will start to see the best of him, remember hes still young, n im sure that defenders dont really tend to peak until late 20’s

• milner fan

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:56 PM

i agree cooldj i hate it when people post comments in massive blocks, wouldnt b so bad if they used paragraphs. I think there should be a word limit on each comment, that way we can make sure of short comments, which will actually get red.

• Graham

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:57 PM

cooldj – i get the feeling your just taking up the bandwidth yourself!

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM

ironically long huh?

• Mighty Mouse

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM

god the irony is hurting my brain

• Nick C

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Taylor is a rent a quote, “I am a geordie me”, average (at best) centre half.
    He spends most of the game passing the ball 2 yards to a colleague and then telling them where to put it, whilst showing unnerring talents of diving in and getting caught out of position on a regular basis.
    I understand there is a paucity of talent in our squad to have a bit of hero worship for. But Taylor? Do me a favour…

• Nick C

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:22 PM

‘kin mint words from nufc.com. Have a butchers…

• steve

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:22 PM

One person who is probably happy with the lack of new faces is Phoon CK, at least it means he doesn’t have to update the banner picture 🙂

Can you lot stop moaning, surely you didn’t expect to win at the emirates

Next few games are crucial, we need to start winning in order to stay ahead of Boro and Sunderland. Doubt we’ll qualify for Europe but we need to be top dogs of the North East at least

Come on the toon

• Mighty Mouse

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:23 PM

thats a bit unfair i think Taylor’s game is constantly improving and he plays with real passion, something some of the others could try and emulate.

So, Barton and Emre to start? Is Enrique back fit? Would love to see Duff, Emre, Barton, Zogs start, as I’m sure most of you would.

• Bill F

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Got a touch of deja-vu there cooldj. I must admit that lack of response to what I feel are thoughtful and fresh viewpoints in a thread (obviously I think mine are) gets up my nose a bit. But then it’s human nature to try to push your own viewpoints so we have to just get on with it and hope that they at least get read.

As for Taylor I have never seen him give less than his best, pity the rest of the squad didn’t always follow his example. He may have deficiencies in his game but lets not forget he is still a youngster.

As a matter of curiosity Ed, who was the first ever post on your site and do they still contribute.

• Keegan=God.

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:40 PM

I’ve been last 10 games home and away and the past 3,4 games is the best i’ve seen Newcastle play this season 🙂

• Chicken

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Keegan=God – great name considering Niall and Biffa have been trying to convince us all that the “Keegan Messiah” comments are all media made – love it!

BTW – did you not think we played better against Arsenal when we drew with them 1-1 (and very nearly won it) at SJP?

• Leo*

Feb 1, 2008 at 3:50 PM

saying the right things, but the question is, when will he get his much deserved contract.

• Jon

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Taylor marks his men well and he’s good in the air but his passing is awful. He doesn’t know how to kick a ball.

• ObaFan2

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Roz needs taking off the banner, maybe Beye instead?

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM

bill f

apologies for the deja vu!! i was just trying to “push (my) own viewpoints and hoping that they at least get read.”

• ObaFan2

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Never noticed b4 but Emre isn’t on there either.

• Bill F

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Cooldj, Iv’e not got a problem with that, I’ve done it myself.

• Penalty-Spot

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Read this, it’s bloody brilliant!

🙂

• the artist formely known as cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:24 PM

hmmmm just read nick c’s comment on the other thread. apparently my name is annoying so is this any better?

• ObaFan2

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:25 PM

J Enrique Calf Muscle Strain due back 15th Feb

This isn’t good, will poor Zog be back at lb for Sunday?

Duff’s done it before too. Wonder if Faye could manage it ?

Or will it be a youngster?

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:27 PM

WILL SOMEONE MODERATE COMMENT 22 PLEASE…

ok now it’s gone altogether. nick c i tried to change my name. i tried.

• cooldj

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM

To anyone still paying money for The Mirror, The Sun, The News of The World, The Guardian, The Telegraph, Express and The Mail, why not just read their continual anti-Toon tirades online instead of shelling out for the privilege of being insulted and/or patronised?

guess that leaves us with the times then. well and the daily sport.

• Chicken

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:40 PM

don’t read this it’s written by a couple of brain dead, narrow-minded, racist, self-indulgent morons.

• Penalty-Spot

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Chicken: Is it really? How come the racism thing? Seriously, I’d like to know.

• Tripp

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Yeah Chicken, I don’t see where you’re coming from. Or, are you trying to lure people into reading it. 😉

• Chicken

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:33 PM

I mentioned it on a previous article.

Today Niall and Biffa had the cheek to suggest that if a nation received the kind of slanderous comments and insults that the Geordies have been subjected too by the national press then it would considered racism.

When on their site they tried to justify the abuse that was dished out too Mido as “Freedom of speech”. Then they back-tracked by saying that the bomb chants related to his fiery temper – yeah right. We all know it was because he was a Muslim of Arab appearance.

THEN, and this really takes the biscuit – they ran an article entitled “Given is a Packie basher” just days later. They were refering to Given beating Packie Bonner’s caps record from what I remember – but come on – we all know why they wrote it.

I had thought for a while that their site was going down hill but all that crap really settled it for me and I haven’t been back since, apart from today when someone posted a link.

All I can say is – if you’re gonna dish it out then at least be prepared to take some back. Pair of muppets if you ask me and I think it’s embarrassing that they are representative of the good Geordie people (on the internet at least).

• dragoner

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM

geordie pride?…he is from London

• Eve

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Chicken, I don’t know, I’d find that more then a wee bit insulting. I HATE I mean I really hate writers like that. When they say something which is a “joke” but you know they really mean it.
    Like “Given is a Packie basher” that’s just rude. And the other one as well, “Freedom of Speech” like I’ve lived around it, I wouldn’t call it racism more sectarianism, people walking on eggshells as such, saying it as a joke but really meaning it, newspapers, radios especially when it was really hostile, you don’t need things like that.
    If they’re going to say it then they should just say it. Instead of being cowardly.

But that’s just me. Ya I’m waffling on a wee bit but I don’t really care, lol!!