84% of Newcastle Fans Want N’Zogbia to Stay

We are publishing the results of our most recent poll and Newcastle fans really want Charles N’Zogbia to stay at the club.

charles-nzogbia-213.jpg

Charles N’Zogbia – Newcastle fans overwhelmingly want him to stay

The poll came about because Kevin Keegan last week strongly hinted that Charles may not be happy at Newcastle because his mother and sister live in London, and he may want to join them in the south.

Here are the final results of our poll – with 320 votes received:

The results are not too surprising because the lad still has a lot of football development to go, he’s still only 21 years old, and he’s been a good player ever since he arrived at Newcastle in August of 2004. For the record Charles has already appeared 128 times for Newcastle with 96 of those being starts for the Tyne-side club. 😀

We are now running two new polls at the right. One is to say if we do have to sell young Charles in the summer, how much should we expect from his transfer – and there are various brackets of transfer fees listed. Of course we hope that in the next 3 months under Keegan’s management, Charles will be happy to stay at Newcastle>

Can we not bring his mother and sister up to live in Newcastle to solve the problem? But that not be the full problem unfortunately – the bright lights of London may be beckoning.

Please vote in these polls, and we’ll have the results – probably over the weekend, after we get 3 points at Villa Park on Saturday.

Comments very welcome.

• greek toon

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:36 PM

If he doesn’t want to stay then he can f*ck off! Pathetic boo hoo I miss my mammy. Isn’t the money a good enough incentive as well as doing the best job in the world for living away from home.

• Leo*

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:53 PM

i hope he comes to his sences at some point, before it is too late.

• Alan

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Why are his mother and sister living in London?
    Presumably the only reason they’re not in france is that he’s here so why London?

Smacks of Excuses if you ask me.

• Greg P

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Unfortunately it may be the Dyer influence. Many players at that age see the bright lights as an option but then fail to develop due to life in the capital. Bentley is the prime example of a player who realised this and moved away to build his career and a settled life. Hopefully Charles will realise that he has a short career and that he can build himself a great one at Newcastle as long as he keeps out of trouble.
    Zog is clearly one of the brightest talents in the league, and as we’ll struggle to attract anyone of his standing given our current position we need to retain him and other existing talent such as Taylor and Milner to build for the future.

• Martin

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Of course I would like N’Zogbia to stay but to be honest I feel like telling him to p**s off! What are we that we all go weak kneed at the thought that a player want’s to leave. How many clubs tried to prize Shearer away and failed. Why? because he WANTED to play for Newcastle and he was LOYAL to the club and HONOURED his contract. If Zog is moaning and wants to go then do you think we will get the best out of him? No, sell him for as much as we can and buy players who want to be here. And remember, it sometimes does not always end up as it’s shown on the brochure – Bernard anyone?

• Dave Atkinson

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:25 PM

What can you do? The temptations are enormous. Virile young men, often with the pick of beautiful women, exclusive drinking dens where they meet peers from other clubs and swap stories and share details of contract terms and a shop window facilitated by London-centric journos who can’t be arsed to travel north to write constructive stuff about clubs like ours. All of this , coupled with retailers full of the latest and greatest boy’s toys, means that a life in Newcastle just seems mundane (however mistaken they might be). Charlie’s soon going to be history – if he wants all the London trimmings, let him go.

• John

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:42 PM

For F sake, Dont use your family as an excuse to move to Totenham or Arsenal. If you want to leave go. …

Dont use a pathetic excuse like i miss my mammy..Be honest..Just say im not happy with the team at the mo and the future looks better somewere else…

If he cares so much about being away from he’s family , buy them an f ing mansion up in newcastle..Surely they would move there for the best for there son..

I hate pathetic excuses..I’ve moved away from my Family for thew past 5 years and there in Ireland…Its not hard

• John

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:44 PM

I’d liek to change my vote actualy. I voted for him to stay but thinking about it i would prefer to get 10 mill for him now..

Not a bad investment really..Player we got for 500k and sell for 10 million…

No player is bigger than the team..

Good luck in London Zog

• Bill F

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:45 PM

I know I havn’t been back to Newcastle for quite a few years, but I thought there was quite a vibrant night life there. I have never thought of it as a backswood hicksville. Surely the Toon city lights are just as attractive as the London ones.
    Whilst this may not be the reason he is unsettled it surely can’t be a major contributor to the problem. If his family need a good shopping centre then there is nowt wrong with Newcassels.

• Hadrian

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:52 PM

i think the club sould sell charlie and any other of willie mckays players .
    family reasons seem tobe his clients ace cards , we have been fleeced of cash from mckay for years and he’s never off the phone to newspapers about his clients , so were never out the papers for long with him involved with the club .

• Griff

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Would be terrible if he left.

I have away said newcastle have gone down hill ever since parker and dyer left as our midfield is old and uncreative.

If Zog goes.. oh dear. he reminds me of henry! Same shirt number, same serious face all the time 😀

• CJ

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Does anyone actually know if his Mam and Sister live in London and he want’s to leave or has it been written by Alan Oliver.

• Eric

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:13 PM

According to the BBC Sport site it seems KK is accepting Zog leaving in the summer. After all Zog is paid enough to move his family to Newcastle. So, he says he is unhappy. Well, replace him with Emre who is HAPPY!. Let Zog be a bench player – get used to the role Arse and All or Spurs will reward him with. Then again – there is always Millwall.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I like N’Zogbia but his position is so easy to fill with equal or better quality, even at his young age.

• CJ

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Tom Toon- In my opinion theres no left winger in the league that would be available that is anywhere near as good as Zog. Just watching Downing against us at the weekend show’s that Downing an England int and Zog is far more of a threat even at left back.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Im not talking about the premiership. Midfielders dont need the kind of adaptation period as defenders and it is not so paramount to their success.

• CJ

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Can Pandev play on the left wing.

• Tom_Toon

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Yes but im sure all of us would rather have a natural left winger.

• MOOMFAN

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Physcologically, he’s done with us. Let him go. It is best for him and Newcastle. We don’t need any dead weight. I guarantee you zoggy will flop after leaving us. He’s too tempramental and no other manager will tolerate that sort of nonsense. So let the little baby girl LEAVE. Remember, it’s either you’re with us and LOVE it or OUT you GO. DONE

• Leo*

Feb 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM

has anyone ready the ssn channels text today… the article about charlie is soo badly cut. made it sound the way they wanted it… page 259 is anyone is interested

• ChrisL

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM

I read the title of this article & had to comment (without reading the article):
    Who gives a f*ck?

I do not understand why you would create a poll for this Ed? It’s like wasting time for the sake of wasting time.
    But I guess I must be wrong because 320 votes were made.

I’ve been checking out this site almost daily for about 8 months now, I think the effort you put in to keeping it updated is incredible… but I think your content has been suffering recently due to your desperation to churn out new articles.
    I hope you re-find a winning balance again soon.

• Nobby's dad

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Why are we debating this? A 21 year old who’s done NOTHING wants to go to Spurs? I remember a 19 year old who wanted to go there and did and he was different class (Gazza for the numb nuts). No one is bigger than the Toon!!!

• Graeme

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Ed, if Zog is missing his Mother, all he has to do is buy her a nice little pad in Newcastle. There are plenty about and its not as if he cant afford it, is it!!!!

This is nothing more than agitation for a transfer, either by the player or his scumbag agent to generate another nice payday for them both.

• Ed Harrison

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Graeme – I’m afraid you are probably so right. 🙁

• Ed Harrison

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:58 AM

ChrisL – I’ll try. 😀

• AdamCF

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I don’t undestand why a player wouldn’t be happy with a team that is travelling quite ordinary at the moment and with fickle fans who want to jump off whenever theres a chance. Plain and simple I say.

• Dunc

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I’d be seriously wounded if Zog left!!!!