Beye – Keegan a Legend in World Football

Habib Beye, probably Big Sam’s best signing for the club in the summer was off in Ghana for the African Cup of Nations tournament when the surprising news broke that Kevin Keegan had returned as manager of Newcastle United.

habib-beye-training.jpg

Habib Beye – Keegan a legend, looking forward to playing for him

Habib is now back at the club after Senegal were eliminated in their group play at the tournament, and he talked about the news yesterday:

“Kevin Keegan is a good man and a legend in football, not just in England but all over the world,” “I knew of him when I was growing up because of course he was a striker who scored goals.”

“I was in Ghana (when the news broke of Keegan’s return) and everyone there was saying how famous he was in their country.” “We now have to work with him and try to improve things at the club and I’m looking forward to it.”

“I’ve been here for five months and have enjoyed my time very much. The people are friendly with me and I have worked hard on my English.” “Now I’m back the hard work starts again.”

“I expect to be fully fit by the weekend for the game with Aston Villa and a win would be great for confidence.”

It must be great for a player like Habib to be playing for one of the legends of football. When Habib was born about 30 years ago (October, 1977), Keegan had already left Liverpool having played 230 times for them with 68 goals. He was in Europe playing for Hamburg, and when Kevin first took over as Newcastle manager in 1992, Habib would have been just 14 years old.

We really hope Habib goes straight back into the side for Stephen Carr tomorrow, because he’s a much better player, even though Stephen has played quite well for Kevin in Habib’s absence.

But Beye is certainly one of the few successes in the team this season, and we think he’s going to get even better under Kevin Keegan.

What do you think?

Comments very welcome.

• ronaldeano

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Great to see Beye and Feye back

• dougnufc

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Beye wore his bib inside out…

• greek toon

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:16 AM

No, the bib is one of them new sabiba designs.

• paulthepom

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:36 AM

drop carr and cacapa for beye and faye.these two are class players.

• YongMalaysia

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:39 AM

The line up for Aston Villa

Given

Beye Taylor Faye N’zogbia

Milner Barton Emre Duff

Owen Smith

Sub: Harper, Cacapa, Carr, Butt, Viduka

Taylor and Faye can cover the defence for us, so we dont need any DM. Fully attacking from Mid to ST

• JP from Gibraltar

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Beye is a great player who can only get better playing in the EPL. I really hope he plays tomorrow ahead of Carr (to his credit he hasn´t been too bad recently).

• JP from Gibraltar

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM

YongMalaysia- I would put Zoggy in for Barton and Enrique to make the LB spot his own. Viduka for Smith also as Smith is only a squad player filling in the gaps.

• Marguerite

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I think you will find Zog is banned for the Villa match.

• Dragoner

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM

drop taylor for faye, not cacapa

• Stami

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Play Beye at CDM in for Butt and Faye for Taylor. Taylor needs a break, his game is slipping a bit and the rest will do him good.
    Zoggy has a match ban for picking up 5 yellows, anyway he is wasted at LB, he has so much more to offer in the middle, let Enrique in at LB

Given
    Carr Faye Cacapa Enrique
    Beye
    Milner Duff
    Emre
    Owen Carroll

Subs:Harper-Taylor-Barton-Duff-Viduka

anyone know when Martins is due back??? i would much rather start him with Owen and brin on Carroll later

• Bill F

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Stami thats the team I would like to see.

• Leo*

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM

i dont think that is a clever formation, beye as holding midfielder…? or am i missing something there

i think beye is class, he will improve furthermore when he fully understands english,

alike beye i hope enrique is learning english, and i am sure cacapa speaks english, i might be wrong, but then we could play all english speaking back line, with beye cacapa taylor enrique

with faye infront of them. perfect

• Bill F

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I’m pretty sure that Beye played for Lyon in that role. We havn’t seen the best of him yet imo.

• James

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Martins is not back for the Villa game because he is injured for 10 days (ankle). He won’t be back until the Man Utd game on the 23rd

• Marosh

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM

@Bill F

Did Beye play for Lyon ? Or am I missing something ?

• Obafan

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Beye never played for Lyon. That was Cacapa and he played as central defender. Try to hold on to correct info, guys 😉 .

My team for Villa would be:
    Given
    Beye – Faye – Cacapa – Enrique
    Barton – Butt – Emre – Duff
    Owen – Viduka

Subs: Harper – Taylor – Caroll – Smith

I don’ like to put Barton in there but I have no choice. He is better than Milner, who really is not my player. Enrique as LB and Taylor on the bench, cause to many mistakes every game.

• Bill F

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:55 PM

No a senior moment there I’m afraid, I believe it was Marseille. Still the gist of what I said was correct he played in various positions for them successfully.

• kagthemag

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:43 PM

bill f i knew what u ment mate! still i think we should not rotate players around (look what happened to roz???)
    beye RB, Enrique LB, Faye can play CD or DM though.

• stumpofthetoon

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:34 PM

WOT CAPAS INSTED OF TAYLOR AND BUT IN MIDFIELD ARE U KIDDING NEED PACE AND SKILL NOT HAS BEENS