Here are some comments and observations on today’s game, but our major complaint today is that we gave up the fight when we went 2-1 down after 6 minutes into the second half. That’s completely unacceptable to the Newcastle United faithful.
Here’s some other comments on the game today:
- The players should take note and keep playing in these games when they get behind, or we should ship them out in the summer – quickly. The second half was a pathetic imitation of a football team this afternoon – and we will soon be in relegation trouble if we don’t quickly recover from this debacle of a half – it’s completely unacceptable.
- The first half was a good performance and we deserved to be 1-0 up with a good opportunist goal form Michael Owen
- We didn’t show up for the second half and something that Newcastle fans will not tolerate form the players – they gave up the fight when we went down 2-1
- In the second half the performance was reminiscent of the Manchester United second half. The defense looked no better than League 2 standard and the players have to accept the reposnibil;ity of a despicable performance in the final 45 minutes
- Something is seriously wrong with our defenders, and it’s probably in their minds because they are decent enough players with good footballing CVs
- Kevin didn’t pick a good team today, and should not have given starts to Carr, Butt and Smith when Enrique, Faye and Viduka were available, and they are simply better players than the 3 he started. That’s the mistake Sam kept making – picking what he thought were the best 11 players but playing them out of their position. It just doesn’t work as we proved yet again today.
Drop Smith because he doesn’t deserve to be the team on current performances, and play Beye and Enrique at full back, because they are the best we have.
We cannot have favorites at the club and risk relegation because of it. Keegan should always pick the best team available whether players get upset by being left out or not.
For heavens sake they are grown men – spoiled yes – but they still should be mature enough to be able to take being dropped.
- As an example of a player out of position – the first thing Carr did after 10 seconds into the game was he got the ball on his left side, and switched it over to his right – so he could kick it away. He’s just not a left back and shouldn’t be played there. Heaven knows what Enrique must be thinking – but he’s probably already got his bags half-packed to leave the club in the summer
- Kevin will need to have a no holds barred team meeting on Monday, and get to the bottom of what is wrong with these guys – they are not performing for this club – given the wages they are receiving and each one of them needs to look themselves in the mirror – hard. If they were to have a day off Monday – it should be canceled.
This club is too big and too proud to be relegated with the squad we have
- Kevin needs to get Alan Shearer in to help with the spirit and the coaching of the team. He needs to go out of his way in the next 2 weeks to work with Kevin, as much as he can, to help with the morale and training of these players. Newcastle needs Alan Shearer to help Keegan at the club right now and we expect Alan to respond – if at all possible
- If we are to get beaten 4-1 again this season ,then the players should make sure we don’t wave the white flag as soon as we go behind – that’s just not acceptable
- If the senior players aren’t willing to fight for the team in the remaining games – bring in the youngsters – they’ll be willing to fight for the team
Comments welcome – just keep the language decent for the kids.