The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Top Teenagers in Action Tonight Against Liverpool

12:14 pm, Monday, February 18th, 2008 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 18 Comments

Newcastle United Reserves will be in action tonight, in an attractive Reserve game against Liverpool at St. James’ Park in a 7 PM kick off.

tamas-kadar-1.gif

Tamas Kadar - 17 year old Hungarian will start at center-back tonight

This may be a good chance to see some of our new youngsters in action and Liverpool will also have some great youngsters on display having won the FA Youth Cup the last two seasons running. Liverpool Reserves are not surprisingly, top of the FA Premier Reserve League North.

Three of our top new teenagers, Ben Tozer, Tamas Kadar and Wesley Baheng will be in action tonight and no doubt manager Kevin Keegan will join Reserve team coach Adam Sadler at the game, to take a look at his up and coming stars.

david-edgar-12345.jpg

Reserve Team Captain David Edgar – on verge of first team breakthrough

20 year old Fraser Foster will be in goal, and the team will again be captained by 20 year-old Canadian David Edgar. David has made it known he wants some first team starts before the end of the season, or else he’d like to go out on loan to get some games. He’s been in terrific form lately and has excellent leadership abilities, something that is sadly missing in the first team at the moment.

Here’s a good interview with the Liverpool Reserve Team Manager Gary Ablett, on tonight’s mouth watering game (their description of the game) with Newcastle United.

If you can spare the time tonight, you may consider going along to watch the boys. Last Monday’s attendance against Manchester City Reserves was a rather disappointing 740 and we feel there could well be more fans there tonight as the realization grows that some of our new youngsters can well turn out to be top players.

The Official Newcastle site is reporting that season ticket holders and official NUFC members gain FREE entry to this game. For others, admission at the East Stand is £3 (adults) and £1.50 (concessions).

Reserve team coach Adam Sadler has named the following side for the game:

Newcastle United Reserves:
Fraser Forster, Callum Morris, Tamas Kadar, Mark Doninger, David Edgar, Ben Tozer, Jonny Godsmark, James Troisi, Ryan Donaldson, Wesley Ngo Baheng, James Marwood.
Subs: Darren Lough, Olle Soderberg, Patrick McLaughlin, James Taylor, Michael McCrudden.

We don’t have the Liverpool line-up yet.

Tags: Ben Tozer · David Edgar · Fraser Forster · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Reserves · Tamas Kadar · Wesley Ngo Baheng

18 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tom4NUFC // Feb 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM

The youth system starting to look promising at Newcastle, I will somehow try to watch tonight!

• 2 broon ale // Feb 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM

for those of you who have sky digital you can watch the game on liverpool Tv.

• 3 brad // Feb 18, 2008 at 12:54 PM

can some 1 send me the link for that site which has all football games on its not english but atleast y get to see lol cheers

• 4 ObaFan2 // Feb 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Wonder if Butt n Smith would get into the team lol.
    I think some of these players will/should be knocking on KK’s door saying “pick me”.

No LuaLua? Is he injured?

• 5 John // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:14 PM

broon ale Is the liverpool channel free mate? I’ve got sky digital, would be wicked if i could watch that..

Cheers

• 6 Mag 4 Life // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Why havent LuaLua or Carroll been selected for this match?

• 7 Irishal // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:37 PM

you get lfc as part of setanta

• 8 steve // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:40 PM

No Zamblero? I heard he was looking sh!t hot in training

• 9 Bill F // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Unless KK has them lined up for the ManU game.

• 10 Whumpie // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I have trouble getting my head around just 750 people bothering to turn up to these games. If I wasn’t now 300 miles away (not by choice) I’d love to watch these games. I went to see the likes of Andy Carroll and Kaz Lua Lua beat Workington last season – just a no-brainer if you’re close by. Great entertainment and a chance to see the talent we have coming through.

So – those who can go – GO!! Give wor lads some proper support and appreciate having one of the best stadia in the world on your doorstep and a reserves team worth watching!

• 11 Punk Skunk // Feb 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Here, here, whumpie!..

• 12 Shanghaitoon // Feb 18, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I’m 6000 miles away :-(( otherwise I’d be there for sure!! The youngsters need all the support we can give them. I still think we need to give Edgar the chance against ManU!!

I also wondered about Zamblero?? Is he injured?

• 13 GP // Feb 18, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I’ll probably go, not much else to do tonight really.

• 14 Punk Skunk // Feb 18, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Good lad GP, be sure to come on here tomorrow & tell us what you thought!..

• 15 Irishal // Feb 18, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I’m taking my date there tonight, and they say romance is dead

• 16 stumpofthetoon // Feb 18, 2008 at 7:12 PM

hope it is not a first date might be your last

• 17 rob // Feb 18, 2008 at 11:30 PM

everyone stop saying lol its realy annyoying me cos u would not realy be doing it

• 18 Scott Hodge // Feb 20, 2008 at 1:35 PM

The reserves played well against a good Liverpool team. Foster was outstanding and won us the point. Edgar was his usual vocal, passionate self. I roared with laughter at reports that Norwich want to sign him on loan. Roeder would have more chance of signing Woodgate, Terry and Hypia in one swoop for ten bob a week than getting Edgar anywhere near any club he manages. He will however jump at the chance to join Ipswich on loan but his loyalty to Newcastle comes first, he is after all a black and whiter through and through !

Just like to say to James Taylor’s dad Graham, it was nice talking to you in the Director’s box on Monday, I wish James all the best at Newcastle !

previous post: Liverpool Striker Would Do Well at Newcastle