Kazenga Lua Lua Hopeful of Chance

Newcastle United’s 17 year old winger Kazenga Lua Lua, who is the brother of former Newcastle player Lomana Lua Lua, played last night for the Reserve team against Everton in front of the watching Kevin Keegan, and is hopeful he will get another chance in the first team before too long.

kazenga-lua-lua.jpg

Kazenga Lua Lua – another very promising youngster

The teenager made his first team debut for former manager Sam Allardyce and told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle:

“I know I have to work hard for the reserve team.”“So that when the manager asks me if I’m ready to play again for the first team, the answer will be yes.”

“I’ve come all the way through to the first team and, although I haven’t started a competitive game yet, I have played four times as substitute.”

Kazenga is still young and doesn’t even turn 18 until December, yet he has already appeared for the first team four times, as a substitute. When he has appeared in the team, the 5’11” right winger has certainly not looked out of place in the least.

Once we are safe from relegation, we would expect manager Keegan to blood some of our youngsters ready for next season. 19 year old Andy Carroll and Lua Lua are probably top of the list, along with 20 year old Canadian David Edgar and possibly 17 year-old Hungarian, Tamas Kadar.

• Paul

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Once we are safe from relegation, are you having a laugh. This relegation battle will go right down to the wire, no time to blood youngsters for me.

• Astidores Sanchez Blanco

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM

It would be great to see some of those youngsters blooded but staying up is the priority at the moment. Maybe we could stay up then promote them to the first team squad in time for pre-season so they can get a few friendlies under their belt where the stakes are not so high and get used to playing with the first teamers.

Tozer, Kadar and Edgar show a lot of promise while LuaLua and Carroll have looked good when we’ve seen them from the bench this season. Their time will come.

• daiv

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Keegan will not blood youngsters ever. He plays the old established names like Smith Butt Barton and Carr. He has no bottle to drop them or he is so blind, he cannot see that they are now well past it.

• daiv

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:04 PM

A change of topic…
    Why cannot Smith just keep his mouth shut. When he scores a goal he can talk about “pulling together.” Until then all he is doing is winding me up

• lauren

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:05 PM

shud have signed Nuri sahin!!!!!

• bailey

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:14 PM

understand David Blaine is gutted after finding out his 44day record of doing sod all in a box was smashed by a six month attempt by Newcastle’s Alan Smith

• ronaldeano

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:20 PM

hahahahahah, class bailey!

• Hammy

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Yeah nice one bailey……..anybody watching Arsenal humiliating Milan on their home turf?
    they are all over them, dangerously though no goals to show for their superiority.
    I’ll take Arse to go through 1-0 ….give sourpuss something to smile about……

• toonbully

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Bailey , Best thing I’ve heard in ages.
    You see thats what toon supporters have above most others we laff and smile during adversity . And we have become experts , next year 2009 will be FORTY years without silver , cannot bear it …
    I really think we have to blood the young’uns what harm can they do , give five or six of them a start , and see if they can score more than owen and bloody smith !
    I think we will definitely be in the struggle now all the way until the final sunday , as we have too many difficult sides to play , I actually find it hard to see us getting 8 points from last matches now !!!

• Tom_Toon

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM

toonbully – you could call smith’s hair silver

• Ausgeordie

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:22 PM

At least we are looking good for a championship side of youngsters if we go down. Obviously there would be a mass exodus but we’d have a team good enough for the chamionship I reckon and immediate reinstaement in the premier league. God I hope this does not happen but unless we beat the guys below us we could be proper ferked

• Astidores Sanchez Blanco

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I’ve just got off the phone to Tony Jimenez. The Diatta deal is dead.

• Football Betting King

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Bringing youngsters through to the first team is a huge piece in the jigsaw to success for all but the richest sides (Chelsea). Education in the youth set up will mould the player into exactly what the first team is looking for, and save the club millions of £££ in the process. Just look how well the system is working for Le Arse this season…

A relegation scrap may not be the right time for bringing in 17 year old foreigners, but honestly can he do any worse than the current crop?

By the way, how long has he been in the reserves?

• Leo

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:09 PM

hahaha bailey very good, blanco, are you being funny… because im comparison you need you do a bit of reading

• CRAIGG

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Off topic but ive just seen liverpools fixtures and i did not know that Liverpool play tommorow against west ham i thought they were playing in the champs league tommorow.
    So i hope rafa sees us as easy meat and plays his 2nd string on Saturday against us. I think he will know west ham are a strong side and good away from home and as they need the points for 4th spot, he will play in his opinion his strongest side against the hammers:

Reina
    Finnan Carragher Hyypia Aurelio
    Kuyt Gerrard Mascherano Alonso Babel
    Torres

Then in prep for inter match against us :

Reina
    Finnan Skrtal Arbeloa Riise
    Pennant Lucas Benayoun Kewell
    Crouch Kuyt (I think Voronin is still injured)

= Glimmer of hope for a geordie upset 2-1 Owen and Martins for me (I’m praying)

and against inter he will start his favoured side again :

Reina
    Finnan Carragher Hyypia Aurelio
    Kuyt Gerrard Mascherano Alonso Babel
    Torres

I could not give a shit what happens against west ham or Milan but i now think we will get something out of the match after watching and being encouraged by the Blackburn performance at the weekend.

• CRAIGG

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Our team for our soon to be famous anfield victory and the start of the revival:

Harper
    Beye Edgar Taylor Enrique
    Milner Faye Emre N’Zogbia
    Owen Martins

Subs: Forster, Cacapa, Butt, Duff, Carroll

• Tom_Toon

Mar 4, 2008 at 11:03 PM

I have a good feeling bout the pool game.

• CRAIGG

Mar 4, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Tom_Toon wheres this unhealthy optomism come from are you ok ! lol

• ToonKing

Mar 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Damn dudes this has got to stop, seriously……. 🙁

a short summary of my day:

– Go to university, 5 guys see my Newcastle cap and make a few jokes about us going down.

– come home, do my routines around the forums, a at least 20 posts about the Toon being crap and KK being a mug.

Damn, i go down to the pub to relax. Few of my Gooner mates there watching tonights game, i sit with them, they make again crack a few lame jokes about the Toon. Some other dudes there too, i don’t know them, 3 of them makes jokes the 4th goes ” Newcastle United?? Who are they ??

Seriously now, the last dude was a twat, but since i’m the only Toon fan around these parts, that i know off, i’m getting really tired of defending our honor……..this has got to stop.
    Let’s win the ‘Pool game and go on to win that bloody Premiership title for Gods sake….. 😀

• Chris

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Was at the villa park game, i actually got to witness 45 minutes of us winning… but dont worry i promised my villa supporting mate that we will self destruct…now thats faith. But yeah, in my opinion butt and barton need to be sold, both give the ball away too much,bartons a head case and butt is way past it, wen ever i see the team sheet and their there i could easily cry. Both owen and martins need a strong striker that can hold up the ball hense viduka but as we’ve see he’s also getting over the hill. From what ive seen and heard of andy carol he could be able to do the job. In defense beye is fantastic but everyone else is just not up to it, taylor shows flashes of brilliance but consistency is what we need. hopefully crouch will see the light of first team foot ball and keegan can talk him into newcastle. i could see him doing well at st james’s working with owen and martins, but yeah that my opinion, i hope our performance against blackburn was not a one off and was a genuine step in the right direction. if so bring on tha mackems, and fulham, thats a possible six points, but we’ll find out on the weekend wether the toon has really turned a corner.

in a bit lads

• will

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:33 AM

nearly good craig but yu forgot smith and he will be th 1s name on the em sheet unortunately after listening to kegan

• geordie_jordan

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM

kk’s team will be more like this:
    beye taylor faye enrique
    milner butt zog duff
    owen smith

unfortunately…

• phoonCK

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:09 AM

I know we are really looking good in the youth department. I do not know why, is my views being shared, or is it just me and being too hopeful? I thought (and still thinks) that both Carroll and Zamblera reminds me of Iaquinta and Ibrahimovic, respectively!! Hahaa..

Can’t wait for the season to be over, of cos by that, i mean we are still in the EPL! I have absolute trust in ‘Mike MortGan’. So what if some netizens come on here and blast the team. It’ll only be degrading myself to reason with them. Nah, can’t be bothered with the opinions and blabberings from the ‘Act-as-a-Toon-Supporter-but-never-was-one’.

Support them if you really like them. Shouting back at them, yes i understand the frustrations, but it’ll really do no help at all at this time. Now is the time to show the team what this club means to us, and to the people and papers that’s been having a laugh at us, that when we stand together, we are ONE, a mystical bond between CLUB and SUPPORTERS for years, no matter how hard they try to de-stabalise US!

Keep the Faith
    Howay the Lads

• staffsmag

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:46 AM

will – are some of the keys missing on your keyboard? lol

• HeronMag

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Lua Lua looks like he has the ability to get past his man – something only Milner and Zog can currently do. I’d give him a chance in every match from now till the end of the season coming off the bench. That way we aren’t risking too much but will still get to have a good look at him.

• Ian

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Heronmag, I agree with you he looks like an excellent player, he has played well in the reserves but is brilliant in the first team, unlike Carroll who plays brilliantly in the reserves but seem to drop from form when out on loan and when played in our first team, that is why I wonder if the midfield is better in the reserves than the first team, which may mean Lua Lua and possibly others should be considered for the first team before or including Carroll.

• Eric

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:40 AM

He will not be given a chance to show what he can do. We already have a body blow to the Saturday team with NUFC trying to get permission for (Dick) Barton to play against Liverpool. It shows what side KK wants to pick. Same old shite with Butt and Smith on Saturday.

• Mr T

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I’ve seen Kazenga look rubbish on one wing, then switch sides at half time in a reserve match and look class, might have been when the Smoggs beat us 2-0 at St James’s this season? To me suggests he could be one footed, I like the guy don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t bring the versitility that our other wingers seem to bring. Speaking of…. Did anyone else think Milner had a bad game on Saturday, I heard someone say he was one of our better players? Maybe they’re trying to get Barton cos Emre isn’t fit?? Dunno, I’d give Kazenga a chance, but with a partner like Butt….he might not shine well?

My ideal lineup against Liverpool would be

Harps (whose my first choice this season anyway!!!)
    Beye – Faye – Tayls- Enrique
    Jimmy – Lua Lua – Zog – Duff
    Martins – Owen

But we all know that’s just dream thinking, use a bit of attacking flair, go at Liverpool at anfield, catch them on the backfoot!

I do hope Lua Lua, Carroll and Edgar all get a game or two (more) under their belt this season!

• Mr T

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:04 AM

and for me Troisi doesn’t get enough of a mention, I really like him! anybody else think he’s under rated??

• HeronMag

Mar 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I can understand Keegan having faith in Barton. Unlike us he saw Barton, week in week out, put in amazing performances for Man City. I just hope he takes the chance to play an attacking midfielder as it looks like Barton and Emre are out. Give the kids a chance KK!

• Ian

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

heronmag, that is the problem, Keegan has seen Barton and Smith at their best, it is understandable that he thinks they should be able to get back to their old form.

• Ian

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I still think there is something wrong with the goalscoring coaching at Newcastle, nobody except Martins looks confident in their own ability on goal, even Owen looks uptight about trying to score.

• chris

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:46 PM

i think millner is a class player but the one thing he needs to work on or be replaced is corner kicks, he always over shoots them,always!! got to see it in person at home to boro laste season and at villa park this season,these are all waisted opportunites. very rare we score from a corner, except beye’s goal against wigan i believe, that was a cracking header,what an angle. haha from having the best premiership start in 6 or seven years to the worst season ever quite the acompleshment. But i stand strong,will never turn against the toon, i also believe kevin can sort us out if he gets time and money, all managers need more than six months to develop the team he’s taken on into his own team.