Diatta Agents Contacted Keegan Directly

Exactly how Lamine Diatta was brought to Newcastle United is slowly being sorted out, but it now appears that Diatta’s agent contacted Kevin Keegan directly.

lamine-diatta_701122.jpg

Lamine Diatta – jumped at chance of joining Newcastle United

There had been reports that Dennis Wise had brought Diatta to the club but it looks like that wasn’t the case as Kevin explained:

“I don’t know if he was in demand with other clubs, you will have to ask him,” “But when his agent said Newcastle were interested, he was over like a shot. He wanted to come here.”

“If he had not signed, it would not have been an absolute disaster but it makes sense because we do not know what will happen. Players get injured, suspended, lose form so we are a small squad and I just think it was a right thing to do.”

“I got a text from an agent and I knew the player,” “I had seen him play the African (Cup of) Nations games. He was available because he had canceled his contract at Besiktas.”

“He is 32 and has vast experience. He did not have to come here for a trial to prove he is good enough because you don’t play for Senegal for all those games if you are not a good player.”

“I just wanted to look at his fitness, see what he was like, not as a player but a person.”

So that’s sorted out but it doesn’t really matter who brought him to the club, the important thing is that he’s at Newcastle now. we hope he can get match fit quickly and then be put into action.. We certainly need all hands to the pump if we are to survive relegation.

It would be good to see Lamine on the bench for our Birmingham City game, which is turning out to be almost a must win if we are to put some daylight between ourselves and the other teams in relegation trouble.

• Leo

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:56 AM

it just asks the question, why did we let rozzy go. because i was gutted when he did leave, but heyhoo. he may come back better and with more experience.

• Callum

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Leo – Rozenhal is our worst central defender – he doesnt know how to tackle ffs!

• GP

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Yeah, not only is Rozenhal a deceitful wanker, he’s not up to the Premierleague standard.

• Davies

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:27 AM

I agree. I hope Roz gets to carry on playing in Italy, because he was neither good enough, or committed enough to play in the Premier League.

• Obafan

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM

I knew Roz from Brugesd and there he was very solid. But when I saw him play at the EPL; I didn’t recognize him anymore. Not solid at all, bad tackling if he made a tackle, sometimes it looked like he was standing still while the attacker ran past him. No I think he lost lots of his confidence and that is why he isn’t able to get the level for the EPL at this moment.

Diatta looks really interested to play for us. So whenever he is ready let him start next to Cacapa and put Faye in front of those 2..

But that is something KK will never do, cause he loves the plauy style of Butt; running and whenever you get the ball give it back so you can start run again. In the end he stops running and makes awful challenges which costs him another yellow card. That is the spirit KK loves!!!

• Bob

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Agree Obafan, Rozza has been steadily improving for the past couple of years and he was initially quite solid when he first came here.

The Man City game started the destruction of our season. None of the players have really recovered from that.