The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Shola Can Shoot Stoke To Promotion

10:50 am, Friday, March 28th, 2008 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

Shola Ameobi made a loan move to Stoke City yesterday for the team’s last 6 games of the season and hoped to score the goals that will take Stoke City into the Premiership with automatic qualification.

shola-ameobi-98.jpg

Shola Ameobi - excited about Stoke City loan move

Ameobi talked today about his loan move:

“I’ve come here to give my all. I hope I’ve come here to add that extra quality to ensure this club goes into the Premiership next season.”“First and foremost, I’ve come to score goals.”

“Hopefully, I can grab one or two and also bring in some of the play I know I can produce to help us reach that target of Premiership football.”

“I hope to get a few goals, a few assists and just work hard for the team, which I know the manager wants from all his players.”

“To be given the opportunity by the manager to come and play was music to my ears.” “I’m just excited, and hopefully I can come and help the club get into the Premiership.”

Stoke City reportedly paid a six-figure fee to take the former England Under-21 international on loan for the last 6 games of the season.

Shola is in Stoke’s squad for tomorrow’s game against 3rd bottom Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough, and he is naturally determined to make the most of his chance at the Potters.

Shola added:

“Football’s what matters to me, and I’ve been given the opportunity to get out of a club when I’m not playing.” “I’m delighted to be here, regardless of whether it’s the Premiership or Championship.”

“I know a few of the guys here, like Griff (Andy Griffin), and I heard it’s a great club.” “I’ve been trying to get out and get a few games, so I was delighted when I got the phone call.”

Ameobi still has another year left on his Newcastle contract, and the positive scenario for Shola is that he scores some goals to get Stoke City promoted, and then Stoke make the move permanent.

We think a £2M fee is what Newcastle would be asking for Shola, and that’s a bit of a bargain, but other clubs like Norwich and Ipswich will also be after Ameobi in the summer.

We’ll be looking for the Stoke result tomorrow, and again wish Shola the very best of luck.

Tags: Newcastle News · Shola Ameobi · Transfer News and Rumours

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 Stocksy // Mar 28, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Good luck to him, I reckon he has found his level at Stoke, hope we can get that £2m fee for him!

• 2 Knightbobmoncur // Mar 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Samual Netto should be a decent championship Player (see Chopra) !! He simply is not good enough for the Premiership……….

Good luck to him, his heart was in the right place, he just couldnt back up his claims as the next A.Shearer…………

• 3 faustino // Mar 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM

According to Norwich City’s site Roeder is saying Wise told him Stoke would be paying £5m for him at the end of the season!

• 4 steve // Mar 28, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Sounds like Roeders bitter that Shola has chosen Stoke over Norwich

Good luck to Shola, he scored some vital goals for the toon – I reckon he’ll do well in the Championship

• 5 CRAIGG // Mar 28, 2008 at 1:51 PM

I cannot believe we have got that much, I like Shola and he isnt a bad player but £5m is a huge ammount for him, Just need to take the mackems £4m for Smith, Let Stephen Carr riverdance all the way down to West Ham, Let Geremi, Cacapa and Duff go as well, Even N’Zogbia if he wants to and bring in :

Djibril Cisse
    Michael Carrick
    Gonzalo Rodriguez
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Wayne Bridge
    James McFadden
    Aaron Hughes

• 6 Leo // Mar 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM

aaron hughes might be a good buy because he loved the club and he was a fan favourite and still got age on his side.

good luck to shola hope ya get some goals

• 7 CRAIGG // Mar 28, 2008 at 2:42 PM

LEO I am campaigning to get Aaron Hughes back home(ish) he can leave fulham on a free in the summer and is a solid back up for right Centre and left back, Much better option then Wes (Only plays for England beacause Im Fergies friend) Brown.

previous post: Riise Would Be Great Acquisition For Newcastle