Kevin Keegan Really Is The Messiah!

Kevin Keegan is a really good guy and not surprisingly a legend on Tyneside.

kevin-keegan-3323.jpg

Kevin Keegan – always supports the local area

Kevin will never take the loyal and huge Geordie fan base for granted, and he and three of his senior players have helped raise funds this week for the Seghill Juniors FC.

Kevin visited the Seghill Social Club along with Steve Harper, Alan Smith and Steven Taylor for a talk-in to aid the Seghill Juniors FC, the meeting being organized by local lad and successful Newcastle Reserve team team coach, Adam Sadler.

Kevin talked about the meeting today:

“I went around pubs and clubs to meet people as a player because part of my deal was with Newcastle Breweries to do that,” “We’d go round a lot of the clubs like Seghill, some of them much bigger, and 500 or 600 people would cram in to talk-ins.”

“The people enjoyed them and I did too – it was a win-win situation.” “You have to remember that these are the people who come and watch us week in, week out and get behind the team.”

“Sometimes they are disappointed but hopefully sometimes they are elated.” “If you can get them more elated than disappointed you are having a good season.” “The idea is to give them what they want and continue to help and support the people who support us.”

Goalkeeper and local boy Steve Harper agreed with his manager on that and said:

“It’s important to go to places like Seghill Social Club. I grew up in a place like it, in Easington.” “I followed the local football team at Easington Colliery and always went to the Colliery club after the games in Sunday League.”

“I still go back – it’s vitally important to do that.” “The fans pay good money week in, week out and we have to get out and about whenever we can.”

“We haven’t had the best of seasons but the fans have been with us through thick and thin.” “As long as they see people giving it 100% in a black-and-white shirt they’ll stick with us.”

“That’s what is great about them.” “We’re all very grateful to get 52,000 fans at home, and we get fantastic away support who are top drawer.” “We are very fortunate in that respect.”

The clubs like Seghill are the bread and butter of the North East. Places that have hard working men and woman who support the team through thick and thin.

That’s the history of the area and it’s a very proud one, because the folks there have gone through some hard times.

But that’s also what makes the people of Newcastle and the surrounding area so great – hard times are what builds character after all – and there’s plenty of that in the Geordie Nation, that’s for sure.

And we think Kevin and his players will be in big demand for these talk-ins again – because Kevin is such an interesting guy, and he makes so much sense when he’s talking about football and Newcastle, and which Geordie doesn’t like discussing Newcastle United?

His talk in on Radio 5 was just a joy to listen to a month or two ago – it’s time for another talk-in soon.

What’s becoming apparent also is that he really is the Messiah! 😀

• Tripp

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Great to see. One day I hope to make it across the pond and visit SJP to experience the atmosphere firsthand. Hopefully KK will be in charge. I like the guy from what I’ve seen and it’s great to see him tasting some success on this 3rd tour of duty.

• Kash

Apr 3, 2008 at 7:59 PM

SJP is amazing mate, but i’m sure the atmosphere was more electrifying when I was younger, but all the same great place!

• CRAIGG

Apr 3, 2008 at 8:22 PM

This is the sort of thing that Michael was laughing at a couple of weeks back

I said KK understands us, acts like a fan and is the only man to manage Newcastle

Who else would do this sort of thing Wenger, Mourinho or Ramos no way

I was going to mention Fergie but he still plays bingo in a pub in aberdeen so he hasnt totally lost touch with normality.

• JC

Apr 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Was watching the zenit match earlier and arshavin looked good and he scored a great solo goal.

The big striker for zenit looked a fair player as well. Was anyone else watchen? If so wat did us think

Cause I think that they r both worth a bid especially Arshavin!!!

• scott9

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM

did anyone see arshevin in the uefa cup tonite he was amazing lightening pace skill full n very creative he scored a great goal and made 2 great assists

• Tom_Toon

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Ye scott, he was awesome.

• Ross

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:57 PM

aye arshevin was excellent tonight, really does have a talent, i’d love us to still be interested!

anyone follow on and watch the rangers game? cuellar had another very good game

• Thomas

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM

King Kev was at the rangers game tonite. Wonder who he was checking out.. probably cueller or maybe even veloso, moutinho hmm..

• daveyboy

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Ha imagine the stick we would get though if we signed arshavin!

Great play but crap name (get it crap name? Arse-shaving)!

I’ve never been funny!

• ScottyT

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:44 PM

yep think arshavin would be a great signing for us. hes one of the quality players we need to fill that attacking central midfield role.

very difficult to get mind as i think the competiton we would have would be big but you never know with wor kev.

• ScottyT

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:47 PM

also btw just looking at the goalscorers on tha side .. hasnt faye scored for us? was agenst man u im sure.

• Charlie Bucket

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM

I’m sure it will be Cuellar

• m.

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM

KING KEV!!! HOWAY THE LADS!!! I’M DRUNK LIKE F**KING GAZZA

• Bill F

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:05 AM

He was with Terry Mac so they might have been checking out the distilleries.

In the other games tonight Farfan looked really good.

• Tom_Toon

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Ye Farfan is good, mentioned him mnay a time, bit like the new Asprilla. But then i read an interview saying he doesn’t really want to come to England and his release clause is like 50 mil euros, although he will be sold for less.

• Leo

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:19 AM

farfan would be good as would be cueller veloso, moutinho, as i have noted on another forum andrei arshavin looked amazing for zenit. even through blury eyes.

hope we are still interested in him, becasue he was interested in coming for sure.

• Pk

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Saw the highlights from the Zenit game..Arshavin looked really great..would be the perfect playmaker for us.

• Michael

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Well, Messiah? I do no know I still have doubts about Keegan, although my doubts are not rigid. He can still change my opinion of his managerial capabilities.

I think it safe to say he is not the man to bring a trophy in to Newcastle.

2 suicessive wins and suddenly we Resuscitate this mesianic non-sense. I have always stated that I like Keegan as a person but not as a manager. He can still convince me by performing on the pitch and the euphoria of the last 2 games is not enough to change me.