Geremi Becoming A Vital Player at Newcastle

Geremi has been through quite a lot this season, but the cream always rises to the top, and Geremi is now enjoying good form on the right hand side of Newcastle’s midfield.

geremi-7285.jpg

Geremi – playing well again for Newcastle United

Geremi was disappointed at losing the Newcastle captaincy, in rather strange circumstances, and he talked to the Newcastle Journal this morning:

“I understood why he took the captaincy away from me.” “He said it was because I was going to be away on international duty.”“That was the good thing because he explained why. I respected it and it doesn’t change anything about me – all that has changed is I don’t wear the armband.”

“I still see myself as a leader because I will still talk to players and I still have the respect of the dressing room. By the time I returned from Ghana at the African Cup of Nations, Sam was gone.” “I heard about it when I was in Africa because I was in contact with people and I was concerned about what was happening in Newcastle.”

“I’ve never heard from Sam, but that is football.” “Football teams can create a family and also separate a family.” “Sam and I aren’t enemies, these things just happen in the game.”

And Geremi is now looking forward to getting another win for Newcastle tomorrow against Reading, which will be three wins on the trot for the first time this season.

Geremi continued:

“We have a good mood in the camp and there is a lot of confidence,” “And that all comes from the good result against Tottenham last week.” “I think we have to be very aware against Reading, though.” “We can’t go to sleep and think it will be easy now. Reading are a team that are fighting for survival.”

“We are a team that also needs three points badly, and we need a lot of concentration to get them.” “What we’ll try to do is repeat the performance against Tottenham.”

“It was a good feeling for me to get my first goal – very good – and especially at this moment.” “We had been struggling in the previous weeks, and people were talking about us.” “Our situation was bad and our position in the table wasn’t nice to see.” “But we took two victories, which have meant we are looking up.”

Geremi is turning out to be a good buy for Newcastle and he has been used well by Kevin Keegan, who immediately saw his value in training, once Geremi returned from playing excellently for Cameroon in the African Cup of Nations.

There is no doubt Geremi is a model professional, and he can do a good job for Newcastle in this new Keegan revolution we are starting to see.

He’s had a difficult season, but has still come out on top, and that says a lot for his strong character.

• CRAIGG

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Ed is it panto season already

OH NO HE ISNT

• CRAIGG

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM

To be fair if Geremi can maintain his form from the Spurs game for 4 or 5 of our remaining 6 games then he may win me over, But im not taken in by a flash in the pan and will hold my judgement

• howway geordies

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Geremi is exactly the type of character we need at this club.

He will continue to be a very useful squad member, but if we are to qualify for a European competition next season we need first team regulars to have a bit more quality.

• ronaldeano

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Im with you on that one Craigg, Geremi was not at his best in the Fullam game, there were a few dodgy moments from him and that can cost you games. I hope he puts in displays like he did against Spurs from now on

• CRAIGG

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I am sceptical as he hasnt done anything of note really up to the last couple of games and really hand on heart can any of us really see him in the team long term, If there are lads like Lennon, SWP and Arshavin who could all improve us, and also Emre, Milner or Lua Lua could take his place in a 442 or 433 all are younger, faster and more consistant (Emre injured a lot though) from what i have seen of Lua Lua as well is it wise to keep 30 year olds in the team instead of giving the youngsters their chances.

• ronaldeano

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Totaly agree, He as had a bit of form lately, but that dosent mean he is as good as everyone is saying now. Geremi cant take corners and he has no pace, but his passing is very good. God forbid, if he has a stinker tomorow and he is at fault for a few goals, everyone will be slagging him off!

• Egar

Apr 4, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Geremi did well at Spurs. That means he can do it cause he did it. What’s needed now is doing well on a consistent basis. Overall, the confidence is up, teamwork is commendable and the mood near orgasmic. Heck, Geremi has character and will come good. Don’t pyscho him or the team otherwise! The U in NUFC is for UNITED.

• Obafan

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Geremi has to play twice as good as others to stop the negative comments about him. That just is not fair. The most players look completely different under KK than they did under SA (except Smith) and they all started with a clean sheet. So why is it not possible to give Geremi also a clean sheet. He played 3 good games in a row and that is that. I don’t care anymore if he was bad against Wigan or Derby or … it is now that counts and he performs very well.

I have had lots of critics myself on Taylor, but the last couple of games he has performed well, so I don’t talk about the games in which he was awful and I just say ‘wwell done Taylor’. But if it comes to Geremi that seems not possible for some of you. Real shame cause with his experience he can be so useful for NUFC!!!

• Vitorbarbosa

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:08 PM

He talked like KK.

• Leo

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM

yeah and emre is out for another 3 weeks!!!!!

• Geordie Joe

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Geremi has 3 assists and scored 1 in the past two games. All i know is i want him to start against reading.

• Gordon

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM

TALK ABOUT ONE SWALLOW MAKING EVERYONE’S SUMMER!!!!

• scott9

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM

great player under keegan should keep his place next season

• Oga

Apr 5, 2008 at 6:56 PM

I think he should be back up Right Back next season. Like Sir Bobby said “his legs have gone”.