Viduka Talks About Derby Game and Australia

Mark Viduka has talked today about the massive local derby game on Sunday, and extending his international career.

mark-viduka-231.jpg

Mark Viduka – in-form striker can’t have it all

The the in-form Australian striker revealed today:

“I am just starting to get a good taste of what it is like to play for Newcastle United, which is a massive club with big potential.”

“I would love to be in Kevin Keegan’s starting line-up every week and that’s what I am working towards.”

It was Mark’s return to the Newcastle team at Birmingham City a month ago after another injury, which has coincided with the team’s recent revival, in which they have 5 games unbeaten and collected 11 points to pull away from the relegation zone.

Mark continued:

“I came back into the Newcastle side for our game at Sunderland in November and the atmosphere reminded me of an Old Firm game.”

“But I am expecting it to be even bigger on Sunday, which is really a massive game for both teams.” “There will be so much emotion and passion and that’s what everybody wants to be a part of.”

“I can remember scoring both home and away against Sunderland in my first season for Leeds United, but I can’t remember scoring against them since then, and that’s something I will be looking to put right.”

Viduka has said he will put Newcastle before Australia but Mark still is looking forward to South Africa and the World Cup finals in 2010. Mark is not surprisingly highly rated by Australia’s Dutch coach Pim Verbeek, and Pim even made a trip to Newcastle last week for talks with the player.

Viduka talked about the World Cup and playing for Australia:

“I would love to be involved in the World Cup, but it depends on myself physically.” “I want to get myself to a high level of fitness.”

“I love playing for Australia, and I’m very proud of representing my country, but it’s very demanding having to go such a long way.”

“I think the best thing is to try to get the best out of myself physically and mentally.”

That’s really what Mark has to concentrate on at Newcastle, being much fitter and available than he’s been this season. There’s just no doubt at all that Mark is a very good players and needs to start as many games for Newcastle as he can. But that will not be helped by him traveling long distances to play for Australia.

At 32, it gets more difficult to have your cake and eat it, and we think Mark will need to take a closer look at his international career next season, when Newcastle are likely to be flying high.

• HeronMag

Apr 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM

If any of you believe that dreams can predict stuff I had a dream that we beat Sunderland 3-0 with Viduka netting twice the other night. I’m putting a fiver on it!

• NUFCFAN

Apr 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM

another person he needs to sort his fitness problems is given

good article here http://www.newcastle-online.com/2008/04/16/should-he-stay-or-should-he-go-shay-given/

• Leo

Apr 16, 2008 at 4:53 PM

heronmag that happned once for me, i dreamt the whole match a while back, it was soo vivid that i wrote the key things that happened down and gave it to ma mum in a letter she kept it till after the game and it was almost down to an art form…. wierd eh

• CRAIGG

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:25 PM

————-Given/Harper——————-

Beye/Hughes—Dunne/Taylor—Faye/Edgar—Bridge/Enrique

Wright-Phillips/Milner—Carrick/Butt—Barton/Emre—McGeady/N’Zogbia

—–Owen/Martins—–Viduka/Carroll—–

I honestly feel that unless we can sign Henry or Ashton, i dont think we need another CF as Carroll can come in.

I know some people find this stupid but Aaron Hughes is on a free in the summer and is much better back up than what we have at RB and he can play all the way across the back four, Dunne would be great and even if we dont get him worth a punt, Bridge would only be fit half the season So Enrique would still get a lot of games, So everyones happy.

Midfield wise i think we can get SWP without much fuss as he never plays at Chelsea, Carrick i would love but Bastard Man Utd for keeping him in the team and winning, Our only hope on him is Manure signing Veloso and Hargreaves playing well, McGeady looks like a right footed Ryan Giggs in his prime and must be worth every penny, Im totally split on Geremi as he is playing well but he still hardly is a long term option.

Outs:
    Carr
    Smith
    Ramage (Love him to pieces but not good enough)
    Cacapa
    Rozenhal
    Diatta (No point in him signing)
    Ameobi
    Duff

• MichaelA

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I had a dream we played them, only problem was that I played up front in a three pronged attack with those two blokes from Masterchef goes Large.

• HonoraryGeordie

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I had a dream, which also had a three pronged attack, one being pamela anderson and the other two being her puppy friends!

• MichaelA

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM

HonoraryGeordie, after your comment, mine is beginning to look a little bit gay.

• Cyprus Mag

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:37 PM

I had a dead accurate dream when FSA was manager. Too long to go into detail but it boiled down to- we were playing bottom team away, defended our 0-0 whole game then lost in last 5 mins. It was exactly right! Spooky eh?

• roscoe

Barton Petre Guardado
    Martins Ashton Owen

Subs:
    Given, Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Milner, Emre, Viduka

• 51times

Apr 16, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Tom_Toon – Guardado? I don’t think he’d want to come to England.

• Tom_Toon

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Why is that?!?

• toonfan1

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:22 PM

7 subs from next year is it now in the Premier League??

• 51times

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Because he’s said he would rather play in Spain where people speak the same language as he does.

• Tom_Toon

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Why did he want to move to PSV then?!?

That will soon change if someone mkes an offer.

• m.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:55 AM

A SONG FOR VIDUKA! Drink now, wherever we may be, for we are the drunk and disorderly!

• Vitorbarbosa

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:34 AM

I guess next season we are allowed to put 7 people on the bench. That means we get highly quality players and yet still manage to bench our best players.

• Graham

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Good to see everyones sticking to the subject matter…

• Eric

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Saw Cuellar’s hand ball. Not bad as a back-up goalie if not used as CB. What is this about the Mirror selling Carr to Everton? He will be out of contract season end too. It means he can go to Everton on a free, get a Euro place with them too. What has he done for us this season? Talk about falling in shite and coming out smelling of roses! Playing in Europe for Everton as a reward for his level of play in 2007-2008? Shite does fly after all. Media rubbish? Daily Mirror, Daily Mirror on the wall, who is the luckiest sick-note of them all?

• faustino

Apr 17, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Nice KK attitude there Roscoe….ship out 5 defenders buy 2 and replace the others with attacking midfield 😉

You guys should be ashamed for turning this thread into a ‘who to buy’ gambit. Until Sunday nothing else matters!!!!!!! 😉 😉

Toon! Toon!