Newcastle Go Top Of The Table

Newcastle have dropped just 2 points from their last 5 Premier League games and are top of the Premier League form chart.

nufc-supporters.gif

Newcastle United Supporters – top of the table too

Following Kevin’s move to 4-3-3 to accommodate all three top strikers it has been a wonderful turn of fortune for the Newcastle side.

That followed three months without a single league win so the Newcastle fans are now starting to enjoy the season a little more. The 3 points on Sunday took us to 42 points for the season and mathematically safe from relegation.

Only title-chasing Chelsea have equaled Newcastle’s form in the last five matches, but the Blues have to settle for second-place because of their inferior goal difference. Newcastle have scored 11 and conceded only one goal and therefore have four clean sheets too.

No too bad at all.

Here’s the form table over the last five Premier League matches with the points gained by each team

Newcastle United 13
Wigan Athletic 5
West Ham 4
Fulham 4
Birmingham City 4
Reading 4
Derby County 1

That’s a nice headline isn’t it. Really hope we can use it again next season – but this time for the Premier League positions. 😀

• dougnufc

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Awesome!

• ObaFan2

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM

KK for manager of the month at least.

• tdt

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:18 PM

back at the top where we belong!!

• obafemimartins

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:30 PM

shame the that table has been ruined by the mackems being 6th

• HeronMag

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Love it Ed!

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Aye ObaFan2,
    KK manager of the month!..
    …What an excellent job of killing the relagation mongers he’s done!..
    …That surely buys us a day off from the media’s tripe…Oh well, maybe 15mins!..
    …Toon Toon!..

• ScottyT

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:05 PM

what a difference a month makes .. this time last month (21st march) we were on a dreadful run and bottom of the form chart.

now look at us. brilliant. also think ave mentioned this in every post lol but for any1 who was at the game yesterday the atmosphere was quality and wat ive wanted for a very long time at home. only way to keep others singing like that etc. is to keep up the good attitude of football from the players and to continue with post match sings like blaydon races nd b w cards. best atmosphere for years.

• Whumpie

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Bloody hell – how different is this from two months ago?? I’m on cloud nine here!

Never thought I’d be this elated while sat in the bottom half of the table – but I really, honestly couldn’t care less because I’m actually looking forward to Chelski coming to SJP… because I think they may be a bit scared about it.

P.S. Have you any idea what it’s like to be ‘dahn saaath’ and be the only Toon in the pub during the derby, and to find yourself explaining in drunkenese to a very pissed off landlord why you’ve just been singing loudly about Keano’s odd physical intimacies with his dog??

I may not be allowed back in that pub.

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Good one whumpie, i’m doon sooth also!..
    …It’s always a laff when we score & all the Geordies make the most noize & everyones shits themselves…Even against London teams, when we’re outnumbered in the pub!..
    …Ho’way the Lads!..

• ScottyT

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:25 PM

haha class whumpie .. luv tha cockney accent btw

• Bill F

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM

My missus is always shushing me up as I shout at the TV during the game (highlights usually) as she reckons half the street can hear me. Dunno why she bothers as she knows I’m going to do it anyway. They are mainly West Ham supporters around here so I don’t think they would appreciate my bellowing in the local pubs.

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Bill F, i live in gooner territory…But they never get the hump like!..Bit different with the spuds, but they still wear it!..
    …They usually don’t realize there are so many of us ’til we score…& like i say, it’s well loud & a little bit scarey!!!……..Lol!..

• Whumpie

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:11 PM

I think perhaps those of us stuck down here should start arranging to all head to the same pub for some of the games and make a bit of atmos. It was sickening sitting in that quiet little boozer knowing that every pub within 100 miles of SJP was bouncing.

There is the ‘official’ London supporters’ club (http://www.nufc-london.com/) but there’s a subscription involved and all we really need is a site to post up who’s watching where.

Any ideas lads?

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:19 PM

What part of town you in Whumpie?..

…I’m sure it could be done on these ‘hallowed’ pages?..

• carl

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM

lol whumpie and punk skunk, im doon sooth also, but im in guildford,and theirs a hell of a lot of chelski and spurs fans here, yuck!!

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Hey Carl, Poor gets, they’ll learn mate…Lol!..

…I thought it was all manure in surrey?..
    …Keep the faith bro’!..

• Spyro

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Punk Skunk it sounds like your near me, im in Uni in Hertfordshire just outside of North London

• Leo

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM

keegan has to be manager of the month next!!!

• Whumpie

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:36 PM

I’m just outside the M25 in Beaconsfield, but I’d rather drive an hour or get on a train to shout like a loon with like-minded Toons than sit with the posh gits and watch my language!

I’ve noticed a few Toon forum websites – perhaps start a thread on one of those?

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:46 PM

I’m in Camden town bro’, kentish town to be more precise, it’s part of Camden tho’!..
    …It’s nice to be able to wear the shirt with impunity for a change…

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Whumpie,
    i usually go to the Assembly House on K town rd, or down the Good Mixer in Camden town or sometimes O’reilly’s also K town Rd!..
    …Get a few Geordies there!..

…This season i’ve been getting Setanta for free so i’ve got to see quite a few in the comfort of me own hyem!..
    …I won’t pay murdoch for sly(sky) tho’, ‘cos he’s media scum of the highest order!..

• Grant

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:18 PM

We’re actually second in the form table, sorry.

Our GD is worse than Chelsea’s in the last six.

• Spyro

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Grant that link shows us to be top mate, dont matter anyway, their next game is man united and ours is west ham so hopefully we can top the chart with wins eh

• t-g-w

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM

We ahd similar form at the end of Roeders first half season and then look what happened… Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted with our results and how the team is pklaying and I think Kev will bring the glory days back, but I wouldn’t read too much into this table.

• Punk Skunk

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:49 PM

The fact is we’ve pulled our shit together & are heading in the right direction…& we’ve got KK as a draw for new players!..
    …We’ve got a whole new set up…Owners, manager, coaches, scouts, et al!..
    …It’s never been this interesting for the start of the next season for………..ever, really!?!..
    …Where next Columbus?..

• Grey

Apr 21, 2008 at 8:44 PM

I’m not being funny but i reckon these stats are wrong dont we have 16 from 18 now?

• IrishMan

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Grey, No – 14 from 18.

• ScottyT

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM

seems like nearly every1 from this blog is from london lol.

no matter .. whereva ya are if ya support tha toon who cares thts all that matters. must be awful down there bein with glory hunters and all tha cockneys. newcastle will do for me 🙂 lol